R32 non turbo insurance???

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by westcoast32, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Damien

Damien ~London Folk~

I was, however I like to balance out the cuntish remarks with some constructive advice though ;)

Basically yes. Mind you I am currently doing an auto>manual conversion on my FCTII (in between moments) and that is an utter cunt job too, wish I never bothered. I guess if you have space/time/money to carry out these conversions +have every part you can never anticipate needing at hand then go for it. But really, consider buying a cheap turbo R33 complete car. RB25DET is a real nice motor + you get all the running gear, stronger gearbox, brakes, loom, ecu etc

2. LTM

LTM Member

that's the trouble isn't it? people will say things like 'it's a straight swap' or 'simple conversion', but don't account for everything, I agree a donor car is always the way to go having done a few cars in the past like that... but you need somewhere out of the fricking rain to do it :D

The RB20 is defo lacking power but on the plus side it's pretty understressed and likes a real kicking :wack:
    If it ever lets go I have my eye on the RB25NEO as an upgrade as I wanna stay with NA (3 years and not a single failed turbo or boost leak :))

I had a fair few parts when I bought my car to do DE+T conversion but really couldn't be assed tbh as I just wanted to drive the thing.... frankly the one 'conversion' I think would make a difference would be a 'simple' brake upgrade to say S14a specs or similar as the standard S13 gear is a bit lacking.

- - - Updated - - -

that's the trouble isn't it? people will say things like 'it's a straight swap' or 'simple conversion', but don't account for everything, I agree a donor car is always the way to go having done a few cars in the past like that... but you need somewhere out of the fricking rain to do it :D

The RB20 is defo lacking power but on the plus side it's pretty understressed and likes a real kicking :wack:
    If it ever lets go I have my eye on the RB25NEO as an upgrade as I wanna stay with NA (3 years and not a single failed turbo or boost leak :))

I had a fair few parts when I bought my car to do DE+T conversion but really couldn't be assed tbh as I just wanted to drive the thing.... frankly the one 'conversion' I think would make a difference would be a 'simple' brake upgrade to say S14a specs or similar as the standard S13 gear is a bit lacking.

3. Damien

Damien ~London Folk~

Porsche engine, fits right into a beetle mate. No modifications, in and out in 5 minutes, my mate dave round the pub did them non stop everyday with his eyes closed.

...And that is why you see soo many of them, because everyones done it. NOT :wack:

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

4. westcoast32

westcoast32 Member

Just to update this.....

I had a few better quotes which Adrian Flux managed to beat so they've got me for another year!

Still silly money for an NA.