Joe’s Onevia – BDC – Street Legal – Carloan4u.co.uk

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Joe-sef, Feb 3, 2009.

1. tippers

tippers Active Member

Looking at the ride height at the weekend the front does look slightly high with a lot of poke on the front wheels.

Could you drop the front end by 10mm and run a slightly smaller spacer on the front to reduce the tyres rubbing on the wings? Or would this have a detrimental effect on lock?

2. Clive

Clive Active Member

First thing Joe, I have always said I would only change the image of my car if someone paid me to, you are.. so who gives a fuck!! don't blame ya mate... :)

"Now as for the money – As of last Thursday I picked up some keys to a house, which I just brought, because I was throwing away so much money in rent, So now I have a place – This year I have to spend my spare cash getting the decorated, I also want to build and kit out a little workshop. So that in the next few years drifting is Sustainable this engine isn’t going to last forever I want to up the power a bit. So for this year I have no disposable income. My MOT, tax, insurance, BDC entry fees are all this month, so if I paid my car insurance I wouldn’t have been able to afford entry fees /drifting for the first few months of the year. And this year would have been much like last Drifting June- October – doing half a season.
    "

Congratulations on the house buy dude!

Personally think you are mad to consider BDC this year with the situation of just purchasing the house!!!!!!!

I can see its all getting you stressed out and thinking too much into it- I'm worried you are losing the fun of drifting I must say, but that's possibly due to your car not running too well of lately...?

3. spin-king

spin-king Active Member

sweet as per norm joe

congrats on home ownership tis what kills my pockets as i have to spend on the house rather than cars
    lol

4. Joe-sef

Joe-sef -Broseph-

Haha cheers Clive and Toney,

I think im going to go with getting the Federals in put them on and see how it looks, Might had to Drop 10mm out of the spacer, will loose abit of lock but, we shall see. ill post some pics up of the results over the weekend, I recon 10mm of the suspention and 5mm is ballon side wall and it will be right - ill try and sort the bumper alignment out and with canards it should be mint.

As for running issues - its running ok now, except i cant remember what boost controller settings i was running before so im having to run it safe atm, That as well as running on the standard manifold means im down on power for sure maybe 20 odd hp as i can feel it. also the extra rear grip of the new set up like 1.5 deg less camber on the rear, more squat and reverse Rake, i could have done with that power!

hopefully it means i can keep up with everyone else in Semi pro!

5. 200sx_

200sx_ PS13 x TD Power

Hey dude,

I've got the MA Kouki front on mine and i can make the spats sit straight. Ive cable tied the spat to the bumper with 3x cable ties each side, and the usual 2x Cable ties to the wing. I havn't used to the tape that Paul provides as it would be a nightmare taking the front end off. I am going to make a wing support for the bottoms wheres the spats sit, just so its 10x easier putting them back on and not having to molest the wing back out. Hope that helps?

Looking good though dude, shame about all the problems youve had, happens to every 13 as me and tippers know all to well haha

6. Clive

Clive Active Member

run more neg camber up front mate. 4'30min neg :D

7. reeperR32

reeperR32 Drift-Street-Imports

is that what you run?

thats what im running... takes getting used to on turn in... aint tried it with the new tyres yet but looking foward to it

8. Crook

Crook Member

My favorite car on here of all time

Might be a proper gay and make your livery on Forza lol - Keep up the good work man, I hope I can come out to an event this year to see you slide!

9. eurospec

eurospec Member

This looked at its prime towards the end of last season in my eyes, was one of my favourite cars from lydden hill.
    Fair play for getting sponsorship and carrying on competing even on such a tight budget! Look forward to seeing it at round 1!

10. Struggle

Struggle Active Member

fair play on doing another season and congratulations on the house.

i can see your reasons in doing this to the car however i think it looked far better before. even the type x bumper doesnt really suit it. but anyway. drifting is drifting. looks always come second. i'll be at atleast one of the rounds this year to watch. be good to see it being thrashed!

EDIT: clive what exact settings do you run? i thought about 4 degrees neg was ideal on s bodies (what i'm aiming for this year)

11. Cowpatmatt

Cowpatmatt Active Member

Running camber was the only way I got round dropping the car but still have good lock with no rubbing. Dunno the amount though. 4 maybe 5 deg. Stock arches streched to the max :)

12. Joe-sef

Joe-sef -Broseph-

I run about 3 deg atm but i might change this,

Its heavy snow up here at the moment, and the Federal RSR's Just turned up - oh the irony.

Going to get some tyres taken off rims tonight, going to reburb them all Silver over the next few days. Hopefully get the tyres back on by Weekend so i can do some ride hight adjustment.

I think i can get it looking good, it just need alittle bit of tweeking in the front area.

just want to get it looking alittle better then drive the shit out of it. got no chance of sorting the set up or getting used to the car the girp or the lock before round one, which im pissed about, basiclly its just a throw away. with some practice i should have been aiming for top 10 at least. now if i make it to the track ill be happy.

13. Joe-sef

Joe-sef -Broseph-

Ok, so enough with the fitment, more on that later, so got the car back to wales

[​IMG]

So i got the new house, there is approx 2 weeks till round 1 so it was time to get stuff moving, first on the list was these,

[​IMG]

Pre-empting the issues i had with the old set and wires becoming detached, I decided to get some amalgamating tape

[​IMG]

so i got them fitted the next day in work the snow was still coming down, i took delivery of some new federal RS-R’s ill have to get soem pics tomorrow as i forgot.

[​IMG]

i also measured my back window, In preparation of more sponsorship

[​IMG]

When i got home this stuff had arrived.

Some tyre black, as you do

[​IMG]

A roll full of BDC stickers

[​IMG]

Some paint for the wheels

[​IMG]

Next was to sort out the front bumper abit,

Here is a picture of the passenger side front bumper/splitter, you can see it kind of turn up towards the back,

[​IMG]

You can see in the after picture here it is now strait.

[​IMG]

The back part of the splitter was about ½ inch or more higher then it should be mounted in the wrong hole, didn’t take long to fix, now looking much better.

[​IMG]

This is engine with all the hoses form SFS fitted. And a few looms tucked away and hoses reduced.

[​IMG]

I have about 2 days total time scheduled in to work on the car before round one, im going to have to leave some things i wanted to get sorted before round one and just go with the must haves,

The MOT is booked in for Friday, so must haves are, basic centre console, so that i can have the Radio etc secured, and the fog light etc working for MOT.

Get the wheels painted up and the RSR fitted
    Get the bonnet pins fitted
    Get tow eye fitted
    Get tyres and tools etc ready.
    So that's the plan, Well it was until this happened.

Abit of redecorating.

[​IMG]

Turned into Renovation BDC time and Money just took another hit.

[​IMG]

Wish me luck!

#733 Joe-sef, Mar 31, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2013
  14. Ibiza125

Ibiza125 Member

Very nice project man!

15. Joe-sef

Joe-sef -Broseph-

Sooooo its been a while since i updated this, manly because the last 3 months had been probably the most crazy of my life, i had just brought a new house, we as a team just had our first taste of sponsorship life and the car has gone through some drastic front end changes. The last of these changes was a set of Federal RSR for the front and to fit a Tow eye.
    Some nice tyres

[​IMG]

Tow eye painted to match the new paint wrap and fitted up

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Out on test scrubbing in the RSR’s

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

During the few weeks leading up to round 1 of the bdc we spent alot of time redecorating the new house as we only had a few weeks before i had to move, a couple of days before BDC round 1 i decided to take the car for a drive and it seemed great a quick blast around the mountains, resulted in the car feeling great i was quite confident about round 1 forcast was good car felt great and lydden is one of my favourite tracks i have come across in my so far short but sweet BDC carrer.
    I brought one major improvement for the travels.

[​IMG]

Early morning travels – its impossible still for me not to feel excited driving down to these events!

[​IMG]

So early morning drive down to the south coast it was the weather conditions were FOGGY!
    Being able to see 1 or 2 lines on the road was interesting!

[​IMG]

I had only made one change to the car before going down and that was to remove 10mm front spacers, as i didn’t like the amount the wheel was sticking out of the drivers side arch! So i took them off, checked the clearances on the anti roll bars and it all seemed good. If i was honest i was really annoyed that we had not managed to get a pre season shake down session in – so many new parts on a car i was happy if i even made it to dover!

Arrived at the track we seemed much more welcome inthe shiny end of the paddock with the cars looking much more professional then last year! If anything all being under the carloan4u banner has allowed all 3 drivers to become much more involved in the business end of the paddock

After a long ass drive i arrived not long after the other guys. It was gazebo up time for the first time!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Got unpacked and looking good. Down with japspeed, lassa and the irish boys.

[​IMG]

Went out for a walk on the track as we normally do the night before – i couldn’t wait. The new wall looked abit sketchy but i was looking forward to it. I couldn’t belive how far we had come.

I popped to the local tesco. Im sure that, when you go to tesco the yellow is supposed to be on offer..... ? right...

[​IMG]

So the next morning!

[​IMG]

First up was a vist to the bay of doom. Scrutineering

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Briefing..... could not wait

[​IMG]

When returning to the car there was a early crowd gathering in the paddock

[​IMG]

So first up was practice, from the word go the car was basically the worst car i have ever driven. the balance was all over the place and it felt like i had standard lock – as soon as it got to that smoke was pouring front the front right wheel, and the car was skipping about and just was over rotating, practice time was short and in the 4/5 runs i had i didn’t manage one without the car spinning, i had no idea if it was just me, or the car or what – i wish more then anything i didn’t adjust the car from the last year i was so annoyed i thought maybe it was just the wheel rubbing on the arch, i couldn’t get m head around it. Then i changed the tyres and it was time for second practice..

[​IMG]

The car was even worse i was fighting to keep it from wanting to snap around to more lock then it would without rubbing, then it started raining really hard meaning that the car just wanted to swing to full lock, the balance and the car was horrible.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It was so savage the front right was locking up on entry, then trying to lift the car up...So after practice i started trying to strip the front down to try and adjust the caster or something just anything to improve – no longer had i began to do it i was called to line up for qualifying – so i had to mash it all back together – that;s when i noticed – it had been rubbing on the inner chassis leg – when i say rubbing i mean MASHING into it.

On the shallower last right hander car felt ok really

[​IMG]

So much so the tyre was trying to lift the chassis up... basically a disaster – I got back in the car for qualify i knew what was coming – it was only going though the motions – 0 0 0 parked the car up and supported matt and alex.

[​IMG]

#735 Joe-sef, Jun 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
  16. Joe-sef

Joe-sef -Broseph-

Talking of matt – he didn’t even make mistake in all of the qualify, in all of the battles and as a result he smashed to top 16 and took the semi pro win, Alex battled all the way to the quarter finals, loosing out but takng 4th place – and by some stroke of good will and a 2012 team having gone the separate ways we also to the Team constructors trophy for round 1 crazy considering muggings here didn’t even qualify.

Matt 300zx mentalist

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So it was time to head home – totally gutted for myself. But happy for the team. Lesson for today – always do a preseason practice

[​IMG]

So that’s it for this instalment – i’m currently writing the next 2 months which includes as usual highs and lows and some near death experiences. – might even be up in the next couple of days – but i have said that before and its been weeks!
    Next time.....

[​IMG]

As usual most up todate news and info at www.facebook.com/carloan4udriftteam

17. gibbo s14

gibbo s14 the yarco

love the write up dude nice to see the highs and lows of drifting . glad its no just me with the lows

18. Joe-sef

Joe-sef -Broseph-

Just a pre warning, 5600 Word (currently) update nearly Complete. This year has been unreal - And theres still exciting changes on the horizon. sorry about the delay but i feel like i want to continue in as much detail and mindset in this build thread, but it requires a lot of time and not much of that has been spare the last 6 months!

19. Hudson.

Hudson. JIBES

20. xCalluumm

xCalluumm Member