2jz-gte > is200/300

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by LooneyE36, Apr 1, 2013.

1. LooneyE36

LooneyE36 Member

Right, I've been looking into this a little as both a IS200 and 2JZ have come up for sale from a good friend at a good price but there is very little UK information out there, plenty of info from the States and down under but very little from here.

I know the 1JZ swap has been done a few times but I haven't seen a great deal of 2JZ-GTE swaps.

I also know the 2JZ-GE is in the IS300 so physically fitting shouldn't be an issue.

Anyway, any information is appreciated.

2. cptsideways

cptsideways Active Member

You need an IS300 subframe & rack or car to start with ideally

3. LooneyE36

LooneyE36 Member

Thanks Declan.

That helps, I would prefer a IS300 to start as the IS200 is painfully slow and too thirsty to drive around in before the conversion takes place.

Any more information? Any real wiring issues I will encounter? Is there anyone I can take the 2 looms to?

4. Westmidzcustom

I've got an is300 mate and was gonna convert it but decided against for now but you can just turbo the standard one for about the same money just get the na-t kit change the box to manual and your sorted alot simpler that way

5. LooneyE36

LooneyE36 Member

Any one got any information?

I did look into just converting the GE but I have been offered this GTE for crazy cheaps.

If it falls through, I will turbo the IS300 lump.