UKDM, the Omega that ticks all boxes... probably

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by GmasterT, Mar 15, 2013.

1. GmasterT

GmasterT Heavy Industries...

Thought I'd put some details and pics up of my latest omega, some may be interested, most will be upset its a vauxhall, but it has some bits of mild interest.

The other reason is I have a comlplete lack of ability to finish a project as I generally start with very little parts and even less money :smash: alas, I started this one with many omega parts and no money, so the chances of failure are much less :wack: that and I'm not overly bothered where I go with it so Im not pursuing 1JZ's and V8 DTM specs, just something that ticks many boxes...

Started as 2 and become as one...

A few may remember the old white drift wagon I dragged up to awesomefest, a 3.0 early ex plod motor, previously owned by a few careful owners such as, the met, the met skid pan dept, a man who took it to the 'ring for a laugh, Inital J/Dan Chapman, Me... so it's been a well looked after and understressed car... :wack:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(Mods at that time, 3.2 headers, lowering springs (estate!), front poly bushes, short ratio welded diff, bucket seat, air filter, cats cut out)

at the time I was breaking a few of these on the side and came across this...

[​IMG]

Early 3.0 Elite Auto with Irmscher bodykit and wheels, looks like its had a full respray too at some point, tints and posh back box... money to be made when pulled apart... plus I missed out the first time it was on ebay as decided it went for too much... the 'winner' didnt show so I got this second time round...

Alas, I'm a big sack of rwd vauxhall loving shit and decided it was too nice to pull apart (plus the previous owner pleaded I wouldnt!) so I thought I could break even on selling the wheels and back box and keep it.

This obviously meant it needed manualling which would require bits from the white one. I decided best thing to do was pull the engines out of both and put the whole sha-bang into the blue car. Yes the engine had been thrashed, but its proven and pulled well. So at GMasterT Heavy Industries international construction and development centre (a barn I rent) This happened

[​IMG]

Revealing this...

[​IMG]

While engine was out, new cambelt was fitted (genuine GM, £12 from garage clearance on ebay!), DMF removed and replaced by 2.0 turbo solid unit (C20LET) with vectra cover and spacer on CSC in the box (around a 3rd of the weight), as well as 'G' cams across the board (G are the inlet cams found on the 3.0 and 3.2, now also on the exhaust side and are the most aggresive standard vauxhall cams in the v6. If fitted into a 2.5, around 15-20bhp is often gained!)

New cam cover seals invested in too as they often weep, 8nm is the key there and the most important tourque figure on the engine! :smash: Anyway, I digress, this is getting geeky even for me...

[​IMG]

Engine going in... I was'nt going to mess around with the air-con, but just after It went in, it was really hot :ghey: so I transferred over all the gubbins... whats the point of elite spec insides without the coolness eh?!

[​IMG]

so, the bulk of it in. You can see varying degrees of holes I drilled into the air con fan surrounds to try and help with throughfare, also, the polish red box of pikeyness... the omega as standard has a dual ram inlet thingy that changes the air tract as the revs gain, this is a polish copy of an expensive german tuning part that Serek, the pilish god of Omega's recommended. We tried it on the white car and on the rolling road and the tourque and power curves were beautiful. plus it sharpens up the throttle response so must do something! Also the long pipe with the filter. This drops through a (cut) hole to behind the drivers foglight for cool lovely air... rather than hot engine bay air...

[​IMG]

Once it was up and working, I took a couple of shots...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also note the one of the 2 hyabusa cans you can see at the back, bit wonky as still need to sort a nice hanger for them.

After this, I fitted some 2nd hand eibach springs and stole the polybushed arms from the white car. Its first full shakedown was drift taxis at PVS show where it did well, but I was fairly laid back about it all and was checking stuff over quite reguarly. Sadly no pics there but have a few from pod the following weekend...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Blonde not included :D

And due to new work commitments, she's laid up and Ive been using my diesel mondeo, but that may all change...

Anyway, I have some carbon (effect :wack: ) Irmscher interior panels to put in and want to swap the cream for black, as well as lose the blue bucket seat and find some black recliner like buckets. I do have a wand to fit and hope to do so by fitting it onto the standard handbrake and hide the hydraulics in the centre console. I also have some facelift (colour coded) door strips to paint and fit which should make a huge difference and also sorting out some mini facelift xenons...

Other than the possibility of trying some coilovers (Apparantly I can mod S13 rears and Golf fronts for ulimate budget spec), sorting the cruise control and air con pipe, Id just like to use her a bit!

Geek/flame away :wack: :D

2. alanfordtw-15

alanfordtw-15 Member

class yoke in fairness, love the attention to detail. i know what it feels like to know a lot about drifting but then use a barely sutible car to do it in :)

3. Elmo

Elmo .................

I think this car will up your fame, you should be more famous than Walton...... You did beat him at Wembley lol.
    Good on you for using something different, it'd be good to see you competing again at some point.

4. n1tr0_9

n1tr0_9 Member

Nice project. Omegas are cool! I had a 2001 ex police 3.0 estate that i bought off a film props company for £800. I loved it, though got the piss ripped out of me by my mates as it stank of vomit and had dents scratches and fucked interior. It was surprisingly quick top speed and loads of space. Much underrated. Oh and swapping oil coolers is a pain in the arse!

5. Mike@TDSW

Mike@TDSW Active Member

Omegas are great budget drifters. It's nice to see one having a bit of effort put into it instead of just the shit kicked out of it.
    Good to know about the cams too. I might be picking up a 2.5 estate soon.

6. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Lenny Henry, or Bob Marley, or someone, approves

[​IMG]

7. chri5

chri5 Active Member

Looking good mate.
    Always liked the omega tbh.

Oh and that's Arnold from different strokes ;) who I believe is dead now :(

8. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

No, I think you'll find it's Bob Marley.

George knows.

9. chri5

chri5 Active Member

Junior bob then.
    Either way there both gone.

10. GmasterT

That or a young Richard Blackwood...

11. 8valver

8valver New Member

Blue one looks like a little ripper/sleeper!!

Refine and put it all in a carlton/senny shell!

12. GmasterT

Lol, well this is the plan once Ive found a good carlton to do this for retro drift :)

13. n1tr0_9

n1tr0_9 Member

I really want an ex police senator, but thay appear to all be gone now :(

14. GmasterT

Essential drift car modifications... ICE lol

Basically, Ive found some stereo bits and the farmer I rent my barn from was having a clear out and oddly found a sub and amp he gave to me :D So Im getting ICED up yo! But I also want to change the doorcards to black and wood to carbon (have the Irmscher panels)... I think Im just making the Omega I wish I had when I was 21...

[​IMG]

oh, and nokia bluetooth through the stereo I found in one of my breakers... posh vauxhall drift car... does not compute!!

15. docwra

docwra Active Member

I saw this the other day and George clearly has had someone else working on it - it starts, runs and actually looks almost desirable. :eek:

Can confidently say this will be a weapon once hes finished, some nice little touches here and there :thumbs:

16. kam

kam I've touched Chris Parry

Haha amazing, love it. I'd actually like a go in one of these. Now make it look cool!
    Wheels and slam it!

I've got a strange liking for Vauxhalls, Omega's obviously Cavalier GSI's. My mate had an Astra GSI too and it blew my mind when I was 17, sounded amazing and went off the clock :wack:

*ALSO extra amazing because it's yours x

17. SteveDunn

SteveDunn Straya

Good work G :D

18. DoriDave

DoriDave ~~Sore-Arse~~

Proper lol'd at this, this is why we love you George :)

[​IMG]

#18 DoriDave, Apr 5, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
  19. Wackojacko.

Wackojacko. Member

Good effort, as said above its something a little different from the normal beaten old barge.

20. GmasterT

Thanks guys :D

Thanks darling x

Slamming is being looked into, but dont want to lose too much comfort, Im old now :ghey:

Wheels are also an issue... being 5x110 means massive gayness and either weak widths and offsets, tacky chrome or mega bucks at the mo. But again, ebay will tell me of any 5x110 borbets that spring up ;D