whats been the most fun car you've owned and why thread

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by jambo1, Apr 30, 2013.

1. chidley

chidley i like fingers

i love my current s13, but i had the most fun in a shitter of a hyundai coupe, used to nail crap out of that daily and had some right laughs in it not giving a toss.. sold that to a friends mum who drove it like miss daisy and destroyed the gearbox within weeks.. after all the hammer i gave it i was quite surprised it died under the circumstances it did :(

2. Cowpatmatt

Cowpatmatt Active Member

My old mx5 at mallory park

3. Ness

Ness Member

Haven't owned that many cars, But the AE86 is my favourite. It's loud, uncomfortable, over priced and under powered. However wouldn't change it for the world, Puts a smile on my face everytime I drive it :)

Loved my mini as my first car but that was a total death trap.

4. kwalker705

kwalker705 Member

for me its a toss up between my 900cc cinquecento or a starlet GT. The starlet because it was a proper sleeper and used to rape WRX's. The cinquecento because it could be launched into every corner at any speed and it always got round it. Never even made it to 100mph though. so any speed was usually 60-70mph. hahahahaha

5. -Tommy.

-Tommy. Member

My phase 1 clio williams. absolute dog on the outside but the inside was the comfiest car ive owned and was the fastest feeling thing ive driven.

looked great, sounded better, performed fantastically.

6. Jites

Jites Active Member

My eg civic. Was a heap of shit but by far the most fun car ive owned. no power, deadly brakes and a shit ton of rust

7. aaronblue

aaronblue Active Member

Tough choice either my rev 1 mr2 turbo or my charade GT ti both great cars to drive, Not exactly expensive to run either.

8. kam

kam I've touched Chris Parry

MK4 Fiesta - my first car and first car I did a track day in, modifed etc... Swear it's faster round my favourite lanes than any car in the world haha.

9. el_bandido

el_bandido Member

the IS200, because it's the only car I've owned. Great fun slinging round the backroads since I sorted the roll bars/coilovers/big brakes out though. I think having a rear bulkhead helps the handling out a lot.

10. Scrabby

Scrabby Member

GT86. Had the car for a few hours to play with. Was a really fun car, was wet and came with the shitty stock tyres so was super easy to get it sideways. And...... it had normal license plates, so it looked like it belonged to me :cool::cool:

11. Tim!

Tim! Member

Gotta be my old pulsar 330bhp AWD mentally quick and spat stupidly big flames still own the record for fastest up one of the hills :)

12. PeterT

PeterT fuck diffin.

ae86. never ever ever broke down, did 40 mpg conssistantly and was SO much fun to drive

13. mk1rob

mk1rob Member

my mk1.5 mr2 was my best car ever. so much fun. also loved my old e30 325

14. Doridoridori

Doridoridori New Member

Mine has to be my old 3 door 92 Honda civic d16 with a turbo, pocket rocket

15. adam0bmx0

adam0bmx0 Active Member

Quite an obvious pattern emerging, mostly small lightweight cars, either Fwd or Rwd.

16. topi

topi KlutchKickKidz

86 for sure. As pete said, wasn't any trouble, always drove it balls out and had a smile on my face.

17. sideways.taff

sideways.taff - www.tafftune.com -

The favourite car I've owned was the first car I ever bought, my old R32 GTR. That thing was awesome, seriously quick and effortless with it. I did some seriously retarded stuff with that car! Silly speeds (on closed roads) but the best was hitting 170mph down an RAF runway at night with no lights on! Scary but gave me an adrenalin buzz I've not matched since.

The R324 is a fun car but its unreliabilty tainted the fun aspect of it.

18. stichy

stichy Member

My ae86. Its the slowest performance car ive own but the most fun
    Its not how fast you go. Its how you go fast

19. Lead_foot

Lead_foot DWYB ConekillR

And also it tends to be their first or second car they owned. Grass is always greener and all that.

20. Sea Squirrel

Sea Squirrel Jeff Mills Is Watching!

Not at all, I'd imagine it's more a case that lightweight cars with enough power to be fun can be driven a lot nearer the limit more of the time than a 250bhp+ drift car with loads of grip, probably with a greater feeling of terror when they are as well so will undoubtedly feel more entertaining more of the time.