How is it being scored this year?

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by Norton, May 7, 2013.

1. Norton

Norton Member

As title really.

Just wondering how we are being scored for qualifying rounds this year?
    Sorry if its been mentioned somewhere else, I have looked but if I've missed it point me in the right direction.

Is it the same as previous years, scored over 3 laps then the average taken for that round?
    Or is by finishing position in the twinning comps?

Either way I sucked at my first round at Birmingham Wheels this weekend, but would be interesting to know, as running 1 more time against the guy I was driving against gave me 4 laps but spinning on my last lap meant I finished low over all.

I was in the grey s14a against the skidrisk s13 (matt ? forgot his surname) for anyone that was there and wants to make comments on my bad driving :thumbs:

2. Scouse14a

Scouse14a Member

Na your driving was good but same as me the spinning makes it a fail round :(

3. Norton

Norton Member

Cheers mate.

No one know how were being scored then? :(

4. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

You get scored on the possition u finish in the twin battles, like all the other drifting comps, BDC ect..
    If u finish 5th for example, but drivers 1-4 arent in the ODC you will win the ODC even tho you finished 5th.

If you spun on your twin runs you will of been scored a '0' for that run, which means your prob gonna get knocked out unless the other guy spins in the next battle

5. Norton

Norton Member

Thanks Smiffy, good to know :)

6. Montgomery

Montgomery New Member

Good post!! nice news!

7. TeamCommit

TeamCommit Member

dont think it is being scored... I havent seen any score boards!!!!! dont even know if I am in the comp or not still dont have my banner/number lol...................!

8. chidley

chidley i like fingers

that doesnt make sense to me though, ie, theres 32 of you in the twinning comp, lets imagine all 32 are ODC drivers, nobody spins in any round, your the first cars to go up against each other, and neither spin, but the other driver wins. does that make you 32'nd? even if your driving is better than some others who get knocked out? in effect if thats right then someone who twins nowhere near there opposition on the last of the qualifying will score better than someone who was close but had to straighten to avoid writing there car off... if that makes sense?

9. mattxr2

mattxr2 Member

it will come down to your qualifying place, if you come 16th and loose the battle you will come in 16th place, next round i would assume the loosing driver would get the lower place of the two. 1st vs 8th loosing driver gets 8th place

10. JakeBlood

JakeBlood Member

Didnt you get given your number in the confirmation email? i did

11. TeamCommit

TeamCommit Member

i did lol, there was a little sarcasm in there somewhere............. ;-)

12. Tara

Tara Member

Who is in charge of ODC now?