New custom built drift track in the UK

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by Jeek™, Jan 14, 2013.

1. oldroydsr4

oldroydsr4 Member

Looks awesome.

Are you going to have a noise limit? IMO it is required , you only need to piss off the one local and it will become a real issue and it od be a shame having to limit use just because some drifters like stupidly loud cars.

Either way , fantastic work.

2. kieran_e1

kieran_e1 In need of practice

it's in the cunt end of nowhere so noise limits aren't gonna be an issue. plus the site is used for stock car racing and Jumanji nights just now

3. David Reid

David Reid RB30 Charger

I think this track will be the inspiration to get my supra finished. I have had no enthusiasm for it since mallory stopped

4. Pikey

Pikey Active Member

Fuck yeah. I havent even got a drift car at the moment, but I'd buy one for that :-D

5. Jeek™

Jeek™ Active Member

Some one had be first! :-( Barry and the corolla are fine. We have tried to find the balance between making the track safe but also as soft as possible for when it does go wrong. There are a few bits that need ironed out but the people who did go off tonight had minimal damage compared to if the track was tyre wall lined.

6. Daniel VXR

Daniel VXR New Member

930 mile round trip for me :D

sent from another galaxy!!

7. mint

mint touch my fruit

Savage. Glad Barry's ok though, Teething issues were inevitable to be fair. :) REALLY hope I don't crash now on Sat..... :S

Looked pretty quick through that corner though...

8. DW_Gaz

DW_Gaz Member

Hey minty, where were you thinking of doing this? You would be a legend if you managed to pull something off down this neck of the woods.

Really good to see the track coming along guys, that looks so fucking nice, If I ever make the trip up there, it'll have to be a mini holiday lol

9. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Looks a good place to crash tbh, if that was tyres or anything he'd be fucked.

Track looks so awesome, massive, can go fucking nuts there

10. Jeek™

Jeek™ Active Member

This was always our plan Full mega as safely as possible. We learned some stuff last night which we will put in place before 2morrow.

Barry certainly went full mega with some limiter in 4th action

11. Joe-sef

Joe-sef -Broseph-

this may seem like a really stupid point/question. obviously i have never been there.

But say like on the position where he crashed couldnt it make sence to like have some line or something painted just to bring the edge of the track in abit. you look at most the Jap tracks they have a bit of mud/flat before the banks so you have abit more room especilly if your on the limiter in 4th? i dont think ive seen a track where its like top of 4th with no run off into bank with not eeven enough room for a 180 spin or abit of grab want slowdown time?

last thing we (as a drif community) want is somone to be ramming it up there pinned in 4th and jukes of hazarding into someone.

or if its 10 car train style there is like no room there. seems like there could be about 50 lines around that corner. need something to get everyone on the same/similar depening on wherer they are going?

sounds good your already learning from the first test tho - cant wait to get up there, probably going to have to be post bdc :( unless you guys want to have a post knock hill end of BDC season spaz out day on the monday or something? - which would be awesome - but let us know so we can book it off!

#251 Joe-sef, Jun 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
  12. J_K_P

J_K_P Active Member

However you try and mark the edge of a track, drifters will always try to take more.
    Look at any track we go to and people will dirt drop it one way or another.
    A white line would just get ignored and be slippery and make people crash more.

13. kam

kam I've touched Chris Parry

Doubt a drift car would get up that bank.
    Would have to like wall ride it and go up I guess.

Why did that car crash? Just slides off line at the end, weird.

14. D1SL

D1SL New Member

Awesome track would love to drive it someday :)

15. Jeek™

Jeek™ Active Member

The banking has to be there to protect the cars coming on and off of the track. There will be guide lines painted on the track soon. However Barry was basically in the track exit lane. The Banking where any spectators will be is 3 times as high as the one he hit. There is also concrete lego blocks and fences at the top just in case.

We already made lots of changes today to make the track safer for crashes and will continue to look at each mishap and see what we can do better.

16. RyanH

RyanH Lacks skills

Is it worth considering japanese (ebisu? I can't remember where I saw them) style foam blocks?

I dunno where you'd get them from though

17. immy21

immy21 Member

Is Driftland more likely to be regular on Saturday's or Sunday's?

18. Jeek™

Jeek™ Active Member

we will try to get a mix.

Foam blocks are good but they need something solid behind them or they would just get knocked out the way

19. Jeek™

Jeek™ Active Member

20. nichols

nichols Member

Looks awesome.
    Early days I know, but if its a successes £££ wise will the investors think about doing more sites around the uk?