Southwall Smokers Lydden Hill Drift Day 22nd June

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by lezbrucelee, May 14, 2013.

1. Bzh kevin

Bzh kevin Member

I managed to take a few pictures of you . (I am a poor photographer)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Member

Thanks m8, there good just nice to have something to look at at the end of the day ( other than the trashed tiers )

3. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Member

To fast for me i h8 when i'm the one slowing someone down makes me feel like i'm "that slow ass volvo". can only just do 80 in to devils

4. Davew247

Davew247 New Member

Looks like a good day!

i'll have to get my arse down next time.

5. JZXFTW1

JZXFTW1 Member

Despite only doing 5 laps loved it, need a new engine but loved it :D

6. Rhys

Rhys Member

Lez this was my third time at lydden and the best yet the track flowed nice in the pro group
    sorry for slowing a few peeps up but was going as fast as car/tyres would allow and a bit to fast on one occasion just lucky the rad was ok lol
    thanks to all involved and yes to as many extra days use can do :-)

7. michellewestby

I had a brilliant day, was gutted about the rain but then glad I got to learn the track in wet and dry conditions.

Agree with the frustration of the novice group, feel I lost a lot of seat time due to everyone spinning. Personally I didn't spin once but I know I am prob too slow for the inter group and get in peoples way. I would def advice people to not use Lydden until they build up basic skills at somewhere like pod, very frustrating to rarely get a full run. Also they need to state in the brief that if you spin just pull up the hand brake and come to a complete stop ! The amount of people that spun in front of me and ended up driving all over the place was so dangerous, had noidea what they were doing. still had a godo day tho just not enough drifting for £100 ticket and £100 fuel.

8. Hadderz

Hadderz Member

I also had a brilliant day i came down as a Lydden virgin and came away feeling much more experienced, track is awesome, but ido agree with Michelle i was also in the novice group and yes i did spin a little and have a couple of grass cutting moments but i did find it very frustrating of the lack of linking and flow even for novice also people were backing up with a stretch of about 6 cars doing less than 20mph cumin into devils which means it was extremely dangerous when coming from up the top flat out in 3rd, did have a couple of brown trousers moments. definatly going to give inter a go next time seriously addicted now :) cheers guys for being there and allowing us to come and have some serious fun :)

9. *~BEX~*

*~BEX~* New Member

Michelle I think you would be fine in inters, expected you to be there this time to be honest, :)

your drifts are far more controlled than some that was in our group, we went into inters this time, and was much better, speed isn't everything but you probably find its novice that's slowing your speeds down, your first time at lydden you was drifting better than the majority of the group

Seeing you drift just makes me want to to do it even more, just wish I could afford to do it lol, one of us drifting is expensive enough lol

Gonna have a trip to northfolk arena soon so I can have a play

10. Charl029

Charl029 Member

I had an awesome time this time around, seemed to be run a little better than earlier on in the year, but the marshalls still seemed to be day dreaming a lot of the time...

Looking forward to august, need to get it booked :)

11. SGCasper™

SGCasper™ Member

Sorry gays but can you tell me in which moment I drift over yellow flag?

12. Glenbmx

Glenbmx Member

I didn't say you were drifting under flags, just that you were driving like a bellend lol...

13. SGCasper™

SGCasper™ Member

I just over take the cars which I know is dangerous to be on front of me, because they spin very offen and when I come on speed can stop immediately. Also I can understand why too many people drive slow on the fastest corner on the track. In the situation with white S13 I can't understand why the gay turn left and stop, also I think hi got the problem and want to pass me. But not problem. Just next time, Please when somebody is faster of you just past him and take a look in the mirror. just advise. I'm do it non stop.

14. dubste2

dubste2 New Member

Who the fackernackle is driving in that video? Jeeeeesussss! I think the person should pay for that for being so careless and not giving a fuck about other people on track. I know the car turned in on you but you just jumped infront of the red cars entry. The people infront weren't drifting, probably for a reason so you should read the road infront and probably don't drift either!?

#94 dubste2, Jun 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2013
  15. SGCasper™

SGCasper™ Member

Sorry mate but I think you pass me, no yellow flag, you drive very slow, just see the video how I see the situation.

16. DENZIL

DENZIL New Member

Whatever mate I don't have to prove anything. enough people saw it for themselves and have commented on what a twat you were. Accidents happen out on track - that's life and the chance you take. But it's frustrating when avoidable accidents happen due to people not paying enough attention to what they are doing. The gentlemanly thing to do would of been to come over after and maybe have a chat and clear the air? I would of had some respect for you if you were man enough to talk it over. I know that's what I would of done in that situation. But hey, no hard feelings. As I said enough people witnessed it for themselves.

17. Glenbmx

Glenbmx Member

If that was me in your car driving I'd read that as people aren't skidding for a reason, and not to rely on marshalls. Give people space if you don't know there driving level or line. Track etiquette?

18. dubste2

dubste2 New Member

So you're the driver haha. Oh I get it, you go faster so it's ok to crash into people infront. I see. There's a track full of novices. You have to respect the fact some of them might not have a clue. It's ok overtaking but not in a position such as where the red car was. You were overtaking into more traffic. No gaps. What were you going to achieve? You could of waited a bit. I know it's annoying for people behind, but slow down and make the space. At the end of the day you can't catch urself up can you!? Im sure the novices would rather slow down and wait than get cut up and be put off knowing you might come by any moment. Sorry I just think with that bit of driving you showed no respect for others. In a "novice" group....

19. diamondsink

diamondsink Kyouto Drift

You tried to drift up the inside of a slow moving car that wasn't drifting and stoved into the side of it. It was 100% your fault.

20. DENZIL

DENZIL New Member

Exactly that. It's called novice group for a reason. People were not drifting for a reason and people were also taking it steady and spinning out as they were novices. It's common sense to give people room in these situations especially if you don't know there style. It's just a shame you didn't realise that and were not aware of what was going on around you as much as you should of been in that situation. :smash: