Southwall Smokers Lydden Hill Drift Day 22nd June

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by lezbrucelee, May 14, 2013.

1. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Member

100% agree with you the driver in the video needs to stop being so aggressive. not how to behave on track.

2. SGCasper™

SGCasper™ Member

3. xborninthefightx

xborninthefightx JZX BOSS

4. SGCasper™

SGCasper™ Member

No, because one of the gays which I overtake make a burnout when the cars was in the grid over red flag, I was first in the grid hi was second on my boot and after notice from the marshal to leave the circuit hi start spinning wheels.

I want to apologize to every one who I overtake and especially to gays with white S13. Just I hope next time I will be in correct group. I was little bid nervous because on every one corner has a spin car and yellow flag.

5. Phil-Me-Up

Phil-Me-Up Member

Was the last day for this car so went out swinning and only lasted one session haha, still had a great time....
    Some people who have gone into Inters tho need to speed up, im not trying to say im barry pro d1 skidder here but if u hack off to enter dont last min slamm the brakes on then wond in haha makes sum1 who's following have a code brown moment haha

Lydden ran very well and the recovery's were very fast, one little moan about the staggered wall and the flag waving was abit slack, on the pit exit was count less times saw cars backwards but no flag.... but then again alot of people were just skidding on the flags....

could bring the Hazard light thing as well?? i know i sometime bang on the Hazards if i see something and there's no flag??

Over all tho looked like another good day :D *part from the British summer*

bring on Aug, fucking love it at lydden :)

6. DENZIL

DENZIL New Member

I hope you mean Guys! Not Gays!!?

7. JZXFTW1

JZXFTW1 Member

lol he's left hand drive man so think his second language. Are you one of the guys/gays that came from abroad Casper? By looking at his vid I'd say he's use to track days abroad where you can pass slower people and rules are a lot more relaxed, not condoning it is too aggressive for a skid day, think he gets the point though.

T

#107 JZXFTW1, Jun 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2013
  8. JZXFTW1

JZXFTW1 Member

Another muppet:

#108 JZXFTW1, Jun 25, 2013
  9. SGCasper™

SGCasper™ Member

Yes I mean Guys, Guys not Gays, sorry for mistake.

10. ali303

ali303 Member

Has that still not been sorted after all the incidents at BDC and the pretty much universal agreement that it should be changed? :no:

11. michellewestby

Thanks bex means a lot ! prob will give inters a go next time and just get some balls ;) lol xx

12. Joe-sef

Joe-sef -Broseph-

wow, this thread makes me want to drive at lydden.

13. alpinadriver

alpinadriver New Member

Any thoughts about the Belgian E30 in the novice group?

14. JZXFTW1

JZXFTW1 Member

lol :D

15. littleT_23

littleT_23 Member

lez was told on Saturday that there is a couple of Saturdays in September where lydden can have another drift day.

14th September or the 1st September.

Obliviously theres already a drift on the 17th August so another one the middle of the month would be good. Theres also the weekender in October.

Just been reading the comments about over taking. At the last day back in april at the last drift day I ask about overtaking and was told your aloud to over take aslong as its safe. That guy in the video was such being a dick. If he wasnt happy with his group he should of said something to the marshalls. I agree with the flag situation. the marshalls need to be waving flags not just holding them out.
    I was in the second intermediate group and it was super slow, felt more like novice with alot of spins and slow driving. In my opinion lydden is not a beginners track and intermediates should be using 3rd gear for most of it and entering at speeds to be using 3rd gear.

Still had an awesome day, even in the wet had fun. Cant wait till the next one. Will be there again.

#115 littleT_23, Jun 25, 2013
  16. lezbrucelee

lezbrucelee Southwall Smokers

Why are people driving so slowly? Its a race track you are expected to keep your speed up at ALL times, not slow down to a crawl, even if your not drifting round chesson you can go round there at speed, Its NOT a bdc day where you que up on the exit and then take a run at the elbow.
    I would have done the same thing and just over taken, Over taking at lydden is perfectly acceptable as long as its in a safe manor.
    I cant work out what the white s13 is doing either theres no flag plenty of room in front of him do why weren't on the throttle?

And didn't bother to read the rules posted on the first page either, NO EXCUSES FOR THIS, In future you'll be black flagged and possibly sent home, Rules are there for a reason and that reason isn't for you to ignore them.

I can only assume he didn't see the car span out on the grass.

I do wonder how some people manage to make it home without crashing into everything, some peoples hazard perception is worrying, driving on a track is not as difficult as driving on the road but yet as soon as people get on a track they seem to forget basic things like looking ahead for dangers.

17. lezbrucelee

lezbrucelee Southwall Smokers

We had one long wall at the last event, a few people hit it and it was unforgiving, so lydden put it back to the old way, I didn't go over on Friday as my missus was in hospital so I was up there with her, so didn't see it until the track had been opened.

18. Rhys

Rhys Member

A long wall is much better imo as the bigger area u hit the more it spreads the impact if u hit the wall side on it will kill the car but if u got gaps and hit one with a door ect it could be nasty
    i hit one in the gap and it actually bent my chassie a good few inches, but i was lucky that it was still drive able for the rest off the day even knowing it looks like its had a stroke

[​IMG]
    still had a wicked day tough cant wait for the next one

19. spaniel

spaniel bigballs small brain

Not when i was behind you. I had to bail a couple of times at devils elbow to stop myself from running in the back of you

20. Momanatorz

Momanatorz Member

Me and a few of my friends were using hazards as well as the marshalls are only partially useful. Inter group was ok, but going back into experienced next time as theres less of avoiding cars going into devils slowly