ODC take-over?

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by blitz20ten, Jun 27, 2013.

?

Opinions on who should be running it?

1. As it is

2.1%
  2. Drift-Inc (Gordon & Gav)

85.4%
  3. Other...

12.5%
  1. blitz20ten

blitz20ten Member

Silly thread? Its a thread as no one has answered numerous people who are unhappy! Either way the idea was to highlight the problem and prompt a reply from someone who has some control over the championship. .. which it now has.
    Hopefully shit will get sorted now!

2. WSA

WSA Member

ive voted for G + G, the drift days at pembrey are more than organised properly, and if they need any help im more than willing to give a hand in anything thats needed!

3. JohnJ

JohnJ Active Member

Whoa, I wasn't defending the appalling slackness from the ODC, far from it. I just thought that a poll was a funny way of doing it. Don't be offended please.

4. JakeBlood

JakeBlood Member

Good stuff!

If its ran anything like your days up at Buxton Raceway it will be awesome!

5. jonofd3

jonofd3 Active Member

After reading this thread..... I totally understand the drivers feeling and I am with them!! but now everyone knows the score, it needs sorting ASAP to get this thing back on track and make it awesome like last year!!

Jono

6. MJG

MJG Active Member

I agree for a takeover, and I apologise for those who haven't had scores yet. I won't start bitching about it but unsuprisingly the lack of scores or final confirmation has not been down to me being a lazy cunt. The stickers and licences however, has, for which I do apologise.

Ultimately the ODC is exactly the same as ever, so drivers don't need to lose hope with it - you just don't have a TOUGE SPEED SHOP sticker on your windscreen. When the organisers finally email the new ODC runner their scores, a scoresheet will be published and John can start dishing out the stickers and licences.

Once again, apologies to drivers for the inconvenience, it's no fault of the ODC, you can just call me a dick if you like.

Also, as far as I'm aware there's not a single unanswered email in the ODC folder - so if you've not been answered I suggest you re-send your message. Actually, the only ones I've not answered are "what are the dates for this year" as tbh, I have no idea as there are about 40 of them.

7. *DRIFTBRICK*

*DRIFTBRICK* New Member

All people needed was an answer/conformation that things are sorted, and they are. Tidy :-)

8. jeffries

jeffries Member

And saying 'making someone do something they don't want to'when both G & Gav have expressed there willingness to take over the roll that so far has been neglected.

9. TeamCommit

TeamCommit Member

I vote g and g. Amen.....

- - - Updated - - -

I vote g and g. Amen.....

10. Dirrt

Dirrt Delusional Drifters

Wow, witch hunt.

I can’t sit here and let 100 drivers think this has all fallen to shit because of Mike.

I’m not pointing the finger, but here’s some facts for you.

Mike in fact told John on 4th June that he was handing it over, they agreed this and John was meant to tell Mike when he was free the following week to hand over the entry funds, drivers registration list, sun strips, stickers and licence cards.

The ODC isn't run by Mike, he just does the admin work. If venues don't send him scores when they know the rules, then you should be pointing your fingers at the venue holders for not sending those scores, not the guy that put them into a readable spread sheet for you.

The people you are nominating to "take over" the ODC run it anyway (apparently), they just don't do the admin work. Not one of them has approached and asked Mike, is everything ok, what's going on with scores and shall I do a nag around for you, do you need some help, after Mike already telling people scores aren’t being sent to him. They also did not respond to Mike’s email about the final.

Not receiving emails is bullshit as he sends and receives 100 + drivers registrations and numbers with no problem.

Mike secured Driftland for you for the final this year, but then got bitched at behind his back to John for not including venue runners/organisers first . All he did was secure a final with drivers interests only at heart, he did this without asking other people first as he was doing everything anyway so only saw this as a good thing and it was impartial to all drivers, so fair. But I don’t think that can be taken in bad light as he did right by you, the drivers which is what the championship is about.

Driftland was left at Mike wanting it, Jeek wanting it, Martin not wanting it and no one else responding to his email months ago. It was clear to me then that when it came to public recognition for something, everyone was interested and wanted to be involved. No one helps Mike with anything else, offers their help or gives him scores to keep you drivers happy. That is how it was left.

I won't sit here and let in a few months time other organisers take credit for what Mike secured without support in the first place. Yes it is far and won't to please everyone but it is impartial to all drivers unless someone goes up for some seat time.

Yes Mike was shit at getting the stickers and licences sorted, but scores and a final were more important to him and no one ever emailed them to him. He didn’t chase everyone this year as that is all he did last year. Chase for scores, chase for scores. But these people had time to bitch about him behind his back, rather than just sending him the scores in the first place.

For these reasons above, he stepped down.

Either way I just wanted to clear the air, as I believe the post Mike made was a tad unfair on him. Hopefully whoever takes over can pull all venue runners and organisers into line and get this great championship on the straight and narrow for you guys.

Good luck drivers :nod:

11. TeamCommit

TeamCommit Member

I think this is wat people want. Scores.banners.cards. simples! !!!

12. chidley

chidley i like fingers

I think people are starting to take an OPEN (keyword) tournament a bit too seriously. Yes i agree its faded away but who should take a tournament that your grandma can enter so serious anyway?

The only thing that dissapointed me when i signed up was to turn up to events and recieve no discount for being an ODC driver, thats the entire reason i signed up, not to win, not for the glory, not for a fake license that proves absolutely shit, but for discounts on drift days to make my life that little bit easier.. but i lived with it and didnt start a thread trying to switch up responsibility from one very good member of the drifting community to another, without even consulting them first? thats just plain rude and ignorant in my opinion...

13. Big Lee

Big Lee New Member

things that need to be sorted...

Dates of events - its almost impossible to plan for events, when we only find out a few weeks before of ODC dates.. surely all dates should be given up front, for all venues, so people can plan for their 4 minimum events..
    Entry packs/sunstrips - stickers arent everything, but really, how hard can it be to get these sorted and sent out.. whoever is running it..
    scores - ive only managed one date so far, and ii think the scores were sent, but for guys who have done 3 days so far, and dont even know where they are seated in the grand scheme of things, is pretty poor..
    entry money - £30 is not a lot, but i think some sort of justification of where this money is currently sat is needed.. i heard there was 140 entrants this year, so at £30 a time, thats a fair few grand 'gone missing'??

ODC could be awesome.. get things addressed and lets make it awesome..

14. blitz20ten

blitz20ten Member

not so much, just seeing if 2 of the apparent 5 "runners" of the ODC would have more time on their hands to front it and keep people up to date.

And you are entitled to it.

15. MJG

MJG Active Member

Hi it seems that there is a rumour that money has gone missing? No idea where that's actually come from but all members money is now in JohnJ's Drift One account that he's setup specifically for the ODC. Every penny of people's money is there less sunstrip/licence costs, oh and £100 that was needed to top up the prize money for the 2012 final. This is in contrast to the £500+ deficit we were left with at the start of the 2012 season.

If people have any serious concerns beyond my above statement then feel free to email myself or JohnJ and we can provide the drivers register which includes any expenditure and incomings. I'd like to think people would just realise the money's sat in an ODC account but perhaps I gave some of you too much credit.

So from here I'd like to imagine that the rumours will stop, but if not please contact myself or JohnJ directly rather than spreading bullshit across the championship and about me, thanks.

16. MartyHillPhoto

If the spreadsheet is pretty easy to use then i will put myself forward to do the scores if this would help matters, if the scores could be sent to me this week i could have the table done asap. Maybe for next year it might be an idea to run venue sunstrips?

17. MJG

MJG Active Member

If a single score had been emailed in the first place Marty, yes, it would've been an easy task.

18. SkidRisk

SkidRisk Member

Scores from our end where sent to the email provided each and every month. Don't spend time arranging judges to score the event etc to just throw them away. But this has all been said in person before whether they are in your inbox or not. Seems this is going to turn into a lot of childish finger pointing. Think in future we'll be posting scores up on here then at least it's clear for all to see. Don't really wish to say or hear much more on the subject, just at last hopefully now everyone will get to see what they've paid for and the championship will return to what it's all about, grass roots drifting without the politics

19. AntonZdz

AntonZdz Member

What about a Google docs spreadsheet? You can set all the judges up as admin users so they can log on and add scores themselves, then lock it down so the public can view the spreadsheet but not adjust it. Easy and spreads the load, then one admin person can just check it every now and then to make sure it is all in line etc.

20. Monkey Magic

Monkey Magic Active Member

Can't be arsed with the usual drift bullshit politics so I'm not getting involved with it on that side. What I do know is holding ODC just adds extra hassle to our event which I took on to give the locals somewhere to get a score but we've only had one round so far this year.

All our scores and info about our events are on our facebook page Dakota Drift so not hard to find at all if anyone needs the scores in the future.

I will put a thread up for Smeatharpe scores then add round 2 which will be on the 3rd August.

Oh and for the record Dakota Drift does not give any discount to ODC drivers, I've never been asked to offer it by the different organisers over the years and it's just added onto our very limited practice days. Something that got offered to ODC drivers without getting the ok by all event organisers by the sounds of it.

Anyway I hope things get sorted out it would be a shame to see it go down hill.