uber rare 2000 mk2.5 mx5 RS

Thread in 'Misc for sale' started by BountyHunter, Jun 23, 2013.

1. BountyHunter

BountyHunter Member

for sale here is my very rare Mazda Mk2.5 MX5 RS on an X plate

X reg

90,000 on the clock - actually a mix of miles and km, so the actual figure in miles is less
    MOT 11 months
    Tax 4 months
    1.8 VVT with 160ps
    6 speed gearbox
    Torsen LSD
    Mazda sport big brake upgrade - factory fitted
    “big” exhaust – factory fitted
    multiple suspension bracing front and rear – factory fitted
    aircon (works but needs a regas to make it properly cold)
    pas
    electric windows (one touch on the drivers side)
    electric mirrors (factory option)
    Immobiliser – thatcham cat 2
    recent mohair hood (heated glass screen model)
    17” wheels with matching tyres all round
    white dials with 6 o’clock needles (only fitted the the RS)

[​IMG]

The mk2.5 rs model is very rare in the UK as its a jdm only model and few have been imported.
    Do not mistake this with the mk2 RS as the mk2.5 is a very different animal
    the suspension has multiple bits of bracing not seen on other models which along with the uprated (larger) brakes helps them handle superbly.
    As well as the suspension the mk2.5 RS benefits from engine improvement.
    The mk2.5 unit is an uprated version of the mk2 unit and gives increased power over earlier models to 158bhp (160ps) instead of the regular 145bhp. On top of this the rev limit is increased to 7500rpm and a factory fitted “big” exhaust (forum users suggest theyre mazdaspeed exhausts) completes the engine package (its louder than standard, but not silly)
    It is believed that the extra power comes from different camshafts and ecu tuning of the engine for power rather than economy.
    Inside the car is fitted with cloth sports seats – leather does look a little better, but cloth is much more suited for sportier driving. PAS is fitted to all mx5’s from the mk2 onwards, this is a really nice and quick system and in the mk2.5 rs when combined with the suspension upgrades gives great feel and a lovely sharp turn in.
    This is a lovely example – the paint is good and the hood is perfect.
    Every car has the faults, the ones on this car are very few and small – but its best to be honest.
    There are a few marks here and there on the body but nothing that detracts from the cars fantastic looks.
    The wheels are probably the worst aspect of the car – theyre 17” (originals were 16”) and have some small kerbing and lacquer peel from the edges, but do look good and suit the car nicely.
    The drivers seat has a little wear to the base, but nothing bad.

[​IMG]

I was always a fan of the mk1 mx5 and indeed have owned multiple examples (into double figures now) and whilst I liked the later cars never really wanted one - but this car was one I did always want to try as it has an amazing reputation and when I finally got the chance I found it a revelation.
    It turns in like a mk1 and has the same delicate handling balance a well set up one has too.
    But it grips better, brakes better and on a longer run has a much much improved level of refinement.
    To summarise its like a mk1 but better – it loses none of the fun, but the improved refinement means its a much better choice for both daily use and a fun blast round the lanes.

[​IMG]

there is also a matching hardtop currently available for separate negotiation – it is not included with the sale at the asking price. (please note it is advertised elsewhere so may have gone by the time you read this)
    I’m currently a mature student and as part of my course I have to go on an archaeological excavation this summer so will not get the chance to use the car, so sad as I am about it needs must and it has to go. On top of that I currently own 5 cars and need to consolidate my collection

[​IMG]

Pricing is difficult as very very few examples are in the uk, and currently afaik no others are for sale.
    Ive seen a few mk2 RS around the £2200 – 2500 mark, and this car is a much improved model over those, however I need to be realistic.

As such the price for this fantastic example is £2650

[​IMG]

heres a few pics with the hardtop (which isnt included but is available seperately)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BountyHunter

BountyHunter Member

bumpety bump

3. BountyHunter

BountyHunter Member

bump for the new week

- - - Updated - - -