Nissan 200SX with Audi engine v8 Turbo

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by button, Jun 30, 2013.

1. xan_lee

xan_lee Member

Proper awesome! I have experience with turboing the 4 cylinder 16v vw engines , stock they take 300bhp all day long. These old audi V8's are like esentially two 4 pots engines together, so it's not unsual the power they can deliver!

2. button

button New Member

0,9bar and 170PS nitro shot :)

3. BBradders87

BBradders87 Member

Wow! Very nice

4. chodjinn

chodjinn Active Member

Cheers. Are your plannign on upping the power at all or happy how it is? The torque is amazing now!

5. pantelis

pantelis Member

A couple of questions please. Do you know if this is internally the same as the b6 4.2? Also you refer to a torsen from an audi v8 but I haven't managed to find one that isn't open can you enlighten me please as rear driving it was surprisingly easy but diff choice not so. Many thanks.

6. button

button New Member

B6 Engine with timing chain on the rear is realy shit. Rods are poor quality - they broke up on series engine with series power with no reasons.

Rear diff may by from any earlier audis with vacum stering. We put torsen because we have one :)

7. pantelis

pantelis Member

Thanks for your response dude. The supercharge people seem to be limiting power to 470ish so that seems to be for a reason then and a potentially safer goal to aim for.

Awesome work btw!

8. maxiice

maxiice New Member

Wooow that's amazing

What kind of ingnition curve are you running on 0.9 bar ? somwhere around 6-9 degrees at WOT/ full boost?

I have an tuned Audi coupe with an NA 4.2 in it, but it dont have the power needed for drifting. I do have a Holset HX55 i would like to try, any help with ignition would be good :)

I do have a stand alone ECU :)

9. s14musashi

s14musashi New Member

Hi! I would do the same swap on my s14...if it's possible could you show me what kind of modification I must do on my frame to fit this monster? Thanks!