Epiiiicccc turbocharged V8 converted Volvo 940 super detailed mega budget project

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Stavros, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Because Driftworks is full of people who like to think they know and can do everything despite reality being totally the opposite, hence why so few UK builds get posted on here anymore.

It's not like this is a hashed together load of junk, the car is an immaculate full Volvo service history car with electric leather etc, and the conversion is mint, looks almost factory now done.

And Volvos are awesome cars, unless you're a blinkered JDM or whatever bummer, as good as anything else n better than a lot.

#41 Stavros, Jul 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2013
  2. Munkul

Munkul Active Member

It's pretty awesome, for what it is (cheap and simple). Sounds immense, bet it does like stink and puts a smile on your face!

But it doesnt take away from the fact that you could have used that money and week's time to get something done on your rx-7...that's where people are coming from, I think. Anyways... its your life, not ours :)

3. kevinLee

kevinLee Member

probably jealousy mate. Stav builds a big loud bus in a week for no money whilst the rest of driftworks spends 6 months trying to work out which direction theyre driftworks offset spacers should be pointing :rolleyes:

4. kevinLee

kevinLee Member

We have a 340 at work with a clio lump, its awesome :D Liam brought it for us so we can have a competition and the winner keeps the car haha

5. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Kev-340s are ace, good comp!

It's literally taken no time and money from the FC to be honest. Maybe a bit of money, but none I need yet at least, and defo no time.

That's the trouble with here, everyone assumes they know things.

#45 Stavros, Jul 7, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2013
  6. dale_b

dale_b #DriftFactory

Megalolz at this thread..

Iv got one of these Volvo's as my daily driver.. With the 2.3t manual.. It's caused me nothing but hag and I constantly wonder if it's going to complete its next journey... BUT I kinda still like it and I'm reluctant to get rid of it... The engine is good, it's just the electrical gremlins that are causing ballache..

I'd have liked to seen you put a mental turbo on the original Volvo lump, but this is still cool.. You get a thumbs up from me:thumbs:

FùcktheHaterz

7. rover

rover Guest

You say it is fine for MOT but I am not sure about emissions tough, and cops will still pull you over because of the sound. Brakes look pretty shitty as well. Keep that piece of shit off the roads!

8. DoriDave

DoriDave ~~Sore-Arse~~

It amazes me how much shit you come out with!

Effing cool car Stav :-D

9. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Emissions aren't an issue.
    Never been pulled yet.
    Brakes are good and there was no hard braking on any video so you're talking out you bumhole again. In fact the current engine is barely any heavier than what was removed, lol.

This car is far better built and better condition than 90% of the cars on here.

This thread is awesome for summing this places average mentality up lately lol.

10. dan_gsxr

dan_gsxr Member

i like it, if people didnt do different thing the place would be boring!

wish i had the skill to do something like that! brilliant!

11. cefiro_drifta

cefiro_drifta Mad pointing Munky

That's exactly why I haven't put my stagea build thread up here. Too many people will tell me it wouldnt work because the Internet or there best friends mates cousins moms Tuesday shag said it wouldn't

I love this, much like all your build threads. They built to do something and not just to cater for the masses !

12. oli_the_thread

This fucking thread. Jesus.
    Cool car Stav, love seeing shit like this, and as has been said its a Shame proper builds don't get put up here any more. Full of people who can fit parts to cars as opposed to people willing to engineer things to make it work the way they want it to.

Skid pics coming soon I hope? Sounds like the devil

13. Dex

Dex kut!

Really? do you mind posting the story about your bmw?
    you being a cunt on the dutch driftforum, and here aswell. get off the internet retard.

14. Mr-Noz

Mr-Noz Member

I have to say, I think it's fucking brilliant.

15. vdublou94

vdublou94 Member

I want one!

16. riverslider

riverslider Member

Megalulz.

I was entertained by this project. Looks cool as fuck, would be a sleeper if it weren't for being so loud :wack:

And I quoted this one sheerley on the fact stav said bumhole, a term i've not heard in a longtime, a very 'soft' swearword to use hahaha

17. rover

rover Guest

I don't think so

#57 rover, Jul 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2013
  18. GmasterT

GmasterT Heavy Industries...

Sweet, I want a go :D Good work

19. spin-king

spin-king Active Member

Cool as stav. best projects in the world are the ones that make no sense to do in the first place like most of my retarded builds lol.

20. spin-king

spin-king Active Member

Oh question as id like to know/do myself. is it mot fail for a car to have a exhaurst exiting through wing before front wheels?