Dans E36 Daily - Drifter

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Dan E36, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Dan E36

Dan E36 Member

Thank you mate yeah it was tough going but well worth it highly reccomend people doing it !!

So tonight (misses not happy 3 weeks everyday after work at the unit haha) i have stripped 8kg off the rear bumper stripping off a really thick plactic section with heavy metal brackets on the bumper will be now attached woth 2 small bracets i making :) 8kg well worth it !!!

[​IMG]

This is the roof is a nightmare on the inside the glue is oltough as hell the heatgun and cloth method is working but taking alot of time this is after 15 mins wow slow progress !!!

[​IMG]

#81 Dan E36, Jun 19, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2013
  2. Dan E36

Dan E36 Member

Now im officially a loser not going out on Friday nights #becausedriftcar !!!!!

So tonight i started stripping the aircon of got the pump thats under the headlight off pr what wver it is the fan and loosened all the radiator

[​IMG]

Then as i am making the car be as mint as possible i have painted the chassis leg ends thY hold the bumper on and the cross brace might as well as they were off :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fan off

[​IMG]

Ohhhhhh love it when it wont start but my piece of shit daily saved the day !!!

[​IMG]

Ive got alot to do !!! New fan, water pump, thermostat, rad top and bottom hoses, finish removing air con and all pullies, finish inside roof getting the glue off, pain roof, make a bracket to hold the rear bumper on, make a plate for the interior switches, paint 8 rims, get some more part worns, buy some exhaust bumgs just in case, change the oil and filter. Run the car o water wetter, fix exhaust and more hahaha

3. Dan E36

Dan E36 Member

So today i have been busy sorting bits and pieces out

Fully removed all aircon except the pump which i will take off when i do the water pump etc etc

[​IMG]

I also have been messin with the ride heoght and i am happy now :D !!! Also i have put the larger rims on so that i can get it on the trailor :)

[​IMG]

Also i have made the template for the headunit blanking plate

[​IMG]

2 nails and cable ties to store the bumper ;) things ive come up with for storage are mad haha

[​IMG]

4. Dan E36

Dan E36 Member

Im prep for my new parts ive removed the radiator and all the hoses. Also remove all fan surround and stuff etc.

Ive also removed all the water jets etc as i wont need these for even short runs etc etc :) i will keep the unit just in case but cant see me ever needing it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Im at the stage with the drift day approching quickly and the job list is growing :D !!!

5. rover

rover Guest

All pictures are broken :(

6. Dan E36

Dan E36 Member

Its shitty arse photobucket as ive gone over my monthly limit ..... Ohhh the joys 11 day wait to get them back and i have updated waiting :(

7. Dan E36

Dan E36 Member

Loads of progress on the car

New waterpump, thermostat, fan, top and bottom radiator hoses. Super coolant added. New metal inpellered water pump. New pullies. New auxillary belt.
    Completly removed all the air con including all the piping the pumps, radiator, plus a big metal plate that was holding it all on :D !!

[​IMG]

I hav made my front bumper quick release. I have taken all the chassis supports of holding the bumper on and the meral sections behind the bumper this front and back has taken away 25kgs of weight. The bumper is still very secure and if i carch the frot end i would rather rip the bumper straight off than twisting the chassis. In time i will mock up a tube chassis front but this will be fine for now. The rear is held of with 4 self tappers instead of all the gurders

[​IMG]

Sold the scooby seats as the rails were shot and bought this for £40 saving for some ddcent rails now

[​IMG]

Got my harnesses i what a ball ache !!!!! But glad its sorted !!!

[​IMG]

All my rims are orange except my fronts which are now fruit salad i painted them myself and very happy with them

[​IMG]

She is ready for the drift day at rockingham on July 21st :D !!!

[​IMG]

Im really happy with how the car is now especially as ive got some spares for on the day thing go wrong etc:)
    Cant wait for more skids on july 21st :D !!!

Thoughts ???

8. Dan E36

Dan E36 Member

Made a facia for inside the car for window switches and hazard lights and i verrrrry happy with it :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All done and carbon wrapped :D

[​IMG]

9. anon210819

anon210819 Member

loving the fruit salad wheels, can i ask where you got the colours from ?

10. Rockingham DD

Rockingham DD Member

Cant wait for rockingham :D

11. Dan E36

Dan E36 Member

I paint alot of things myself aleays fone my own rims and mate rims... I will only ever use top grade paint so i get it mixed at a local paint shop. If you want the ral codes i can tell you them basically 2 pat in a tin its awesome paint !!!

12. Dan E36

Dan E36 Member

The car is almost ready for Rockingham, i just have some exhaust bungs to fit as they dont :/

Bought this sticker :D

[​IMG]

13. Netherlands

Netherlands Guest

How did you save 25kg on weight on the bumbers? I want to do this myself but how?

14. chidley

chidley i like fingers

be a good idea to put the aircon fan back in, sits on the outside of the radiator iirc, put it on a switch, hey presto, extra cooling.. if you havnt already

15. Dan E36

Dan E36 Member

I took all the metal parts that gold the bumpers on both the parts on the car and stripped all of the bumpe down taken all the brakets and everything off it was more 14-16kgs sorry fella it was a typo :) that over the front and back.

Thanks mate yeah just thought that the other day tried to do it and the fan was fecked anyways so im going to put an electric one in front for pens etc where air flow is less

16. Dan E36

Dan E36 Member

As you may or may not know i am one of the guys who run the rockingham drift day the car ran great all day. At the end of the day the engine mounts went but its a quick fix also got someone very much in the know to look at the car and see what he things and i need a new rubber on throttle body and deffoooo lock spacers but all around a good car so i was happy with that !!!!

A few snaps in action !!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thoughts ???

17. Rockingham DD

Rockingham DD Member

Here are a few more snaps from the day I LOVE the last one !!!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cone hugger !!!!

[​IMG]

photo's from MICHAEL DRUMMOND thanks dude :)

18. supernova-dw

supernova-dw Active Member

Looks like you've stripped a lot of stuff from the car, they're heavy beast hey! What diff do you have?

19. Dan E36

Dan E36 Member

Hi mate yeah shes getting lighter and lighter :D !!!!
    Currently im using a 323 diff welded up. Budget drifting ftw ;)

20. Dan E36

Dan E36 Member

So a little bit of work after the day

The throttle body rubber has perished so i am loosing some power here
    Both engine mounts have gone. I am going to be replacing these with 3 hockey pucks and a high tensile bolt :) hopefully they will last a lot longer than standard shitty mounts
    Also change the oil in the car and check the rear bushes

A big thanks for Tom Hutchinson and his mate helping me find / check over my car on the day you guys were a great help thank you !!!!

I have also booked to go to DWYB at santa pod on October 12th

I am also going to be doing Norfolk arena on 7th september