I am now engaged!

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by lam, Aug 4, 2013.

1. lam

lam Member

Some of you may have seen on Facebook, but I have proposed to my girlfriend of 2.5 years and she said yes (last week, but thats a different story!)

We're moving over to Australia soon, (she's going in 2 weeks, I'm going at the end of Sept) so I thought I would solidify my commitment to her by not only going with her, but to take her fully off the market!

Here is a picture of the ring I designed and commissioned

[​IMG]

I am a diamond broker and jeweller sobBeing in the line of work I am in I couldn't give her a shit Tiffany replica lol. Fully bespoke and hand made wraparound shank in 18k rose and white gold. Main stone is 1.12 ct F plus colour SI1 pear, surrounded by approximately 0.40ct 1.5mm natural fancy pink smalls and 0.40 ct 1.5 mm white smalls surrounding a 0.09ct fancy intense pink marquise. The concept was first thought about 6 months months ago as I immediately fell in love with the pear shape at the start of my career as a diamond broker, and over 6 months the design evolved from a simple huge trilogy style ring to some kind of asymmetrical twist style ring (from a vision Mari had a dream where she was getting married...she was late to her own wedding but never saw the groom lol) I then saw a ring where I loved the "snake" design with a big pear incorporated and then I tweaked it and added the "sting" over the course of a couple of months, and this has been the result! We had the best craftsmen in Hatton Garden build this piece of art and I have my greatest thanks to them and of course my friend and boss Ilana Belsky.

If anyone is thinking of buying jewellery or getting engaged or anything of the like, feel free to drop me a line as we close to trade prices, which is a massive saving off retail and we can make anything you want. Except for my one :p

2. el_bandido

el_bandido Member

Not interested in a ring, but if you could bring some bacon, eggs and bread round my house I'm in dire need of a fry up.

3. rob fulham4eva

congrats dude

4. SSR-Jake

SSR-Jake Member

Congratulations!

5. dale_b

dale_b #DriftFactory

Congratuwelldone:thumbs:
    Taking the Aristo to Oz with you? I can look after it if not..

6. chri5

chri5 Active Member

Congrats mate ;)
    Nice unusual ring there ;)
    Love the sales pitch too lol

7. docwra

docwra Active Member

Thats really nice, definitely different, congrats mate :)

8. liamjrhodes

liamjrhodes Member

Beautiful ring, if you don't mind me asking what would something like that cost? Looks massivly out of my price range :(

9. Dedman

Dedman Member

I have to ask, what happens when you get married? Will you design a wedding ring to entwine with the engagement one?

Congrats btw :)

10. Dex

Dex kut!

awesome man! congrats! now for the main question, what would a ring like that cost for "people like us"

and indeed, where is the aristo going :p

11. lam

lam Member

Thanks for all the kind wishes! I'm in France with the future in laws (she is french) for a few days. I couldn't put a price on this ring as I haven't even got all the figures from my boss yet...However I have been fortunate to have access to some good value natural pink diamonds otherwise they would be about 4k per carat. I also have no idea about how much the small marquise would be apart from if I checked Langermans for a comparable. All that Ilana had said is that this is the sort of ring you'd see in a West End boutique with a high 5 figure price tag just because it's so different, bespoke and the natural pink diamonds. We have to insure it when I get back, but this is the trade I'm in...A lot of you guys are in the motor trade and are able to build amazing and stupendous cars with your own skill and abilities for cost price of materials and your time but for someone else to want the same thing , it could costs thousands...

The Aristo is nearly finished (check the project thread!) And I would love to take it to Oz but it the taxes and vat and fees would be about 4k...and that's if I undervalue the car at 10k. So its either going up for sale, or will live at my parents for my use when I visit the UK each year. I may need someone to give it a quarterly check up/service/run around to make sure she's is still in good nick throughout the year...:)

12. bigniks

bigniks Member

13. roadkill443

roadkill443 Member

Congrats dude

14. Blackskylinegt

+1 dude

15. max1342

max1342 New Member

congradulations

16. richyb

richyb New Member