Skyline r33 goes lsx v8

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by R33build, Mar 1, 2012.

1. R33build

R33build New Member

Im a guy from Sweden that has a Skyline r33 gts25t since 2007 when I bought it at auction i Japan. It looked like this there.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And heres some pics when it had arrived.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    To get it legal here in Sweden I had to rebuild the headlights as we have LHD cars here just as America. The most easy way to do that was to use projectors.
    [​IMG]
    The only tuning I have on the rb25det was a 3½" system and airfilter. So I came to a point to rebuild the engine with forced bottom etc etc or do an engine swap. I have´nt seen so many skylines with v8 so I decided to do an lsx swap!
    To get it legal here I had to choose an enginge with less then 300hp so I bought an lm7.
    [​IMG]
    I didn´t found any gearbox here in Sweden that I wanted so I orderd a Tremec T56 Magnum from american powertrain.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Next step was to rebuild the rear end to handle the more power and torque in the future. So I bougt an r32 gtr reardiff with a Tomei 2way diff in it and driveshafts. To fit it in a gts25t I also had to buy gtr hubs as the driveshafts is 3mm wider.
    Here is some pics of the rear end removing and you can also see my coilovers there wich is from ISC.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I have painted the subframe and start do fit the new driftworks bushes.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    At the moment Im fitting the rest of the bushes and will put back the rear end so I can get down the car at the floor and start to take out the engine and gearbox.

2. Scotty...

Scotty... Member

whats the gearing in that box? 4/5 speed, up and down shifts instead of H box style?

3. R33build

R33build New Member

It´s a 6 speed manual traditional h-box :)

4. R33build

R33build New Member

Im a little ill att the moment so I can´t be in the garage as it´s cold there. But I tried the widebody fenders just for fun today =)
    It was hard do get a good pic of how it looks but I gaved it a try.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here can you see that it will give about 60mm on each side 8)

[​IMG]

Hope to be healthy soon so I can start to build again.

5. R33build

R33build New Member

Long time no see :) I had some private problems to deal with so not so much done to the car. Now I have a new garage and started the build again :)

I have stripped the interior totally to remove all the heavy stuff and also remove the ac. I don't have any pic of it but its totally clean inside now.

I have also start looking on the brakes and bought some brembo 6 piston calipers to use in the front with 354mm rotors. In the rear I will use 4 piston brembos with 330mm rotors.

Here is two pics one of the front caliper with a 1,5litre bottle

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    :D

Some new carbon mirrors on it
    [​IMG]

Tomei 2 way LSD from r32 gtr
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Some gtr shafts
    [​IMG]

Epoxi painted s14 subframe to use with My hooker mounts.
    [​IMG]

6. Guy B

Guy B Member

This is really interesting, ive just bought an LR4 for my S14a. Looking to get that in over the next couple of months.

7. milez

milez Active Member

what make rear fenders are they? Never seen anywhere near that wide for 33's

8. R33build

R33build New Member

Nice! I realy love the v8s. Wow that day when start it up for the first time! :D what oil sump will you use? A good place to find info is www.silviav8forums.com

9. R33build

R33build New Member

Its a company named cross-factory in Japan. I don't know if they still make this.

10. milez

milez Active Member

get some copies made and you will make some casho!!! widest I have found are 20mm

11. R33build

R33build New Member

Hehe maybe ;)

12. Guy B

Guy B Member

Cheers, already got a sump as it needs re-locating to the front. I'll be going turbocharged as well which is why I picked the LR4. I assume you are staying N/A? also managed to get a supra gearbox to fit, just needed a custom bell housing.

13. R33build

R33build New Member

Yes I knop I have sikkys oil pan. My goal is to turbocharge it in the future. Thats why I bought a t56 magnum and the lm7 ;)

14. Guy B

Guy B Member

Nice, that'll go really well mate. I've also ordered cam, springs, push rods and rockers. Should be interesting

15. R33build

R33build New Member

Yeah there's loads of tuningparts for chevy v8s