Southwall Smokers, Lydden Hill Drift Day 17th August 2013

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by lezbrucelee, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Magic_Performance

Had a great time! Very good event!

2. littleT_23

littleT_23 Member

Had an awesome day. Glad it stayed dry. Definitely my best drift day so far

3. diamondsink

diamondsink Kyouto Drift

Great day. Best yet at lydden. As said people seriously need to speed up going into the devils elbow. Even in the advanced group it was annoying.

4. mattxr2

mattxr2 Member

Really enjoyed the day, well run and the marshals were pretty good.

I think drivers that spin need to be more aware of other cars on track, spinning out happens but it would be better if cars behind were let past and try and put the car in a safe place

5. 328BM

328BM New Member

Was terrible in novice, had people driving at about 30 round the whole track on the lines, got quite annoying, but just had to deal with it, definitely intermediate next time!

Such a good day though, definitely be there again.

6. emil_b_g

emil_b_g Member

What a day i think this is by far the best drift day at lydden hill there weren't that many gravel trapped cars and towing was fast the drifting was flowing good in all the groups.

I had a great day despite having car troubles all day long

thanks Lez and all the lydden hill staff

7. *~BEX~*

*~BEX~* New Member

was an awesome day! and not even a month till the next one woo :) was deffo one or two people in yellow inters that should have been/stayed in novice, hope the new grouping system will work well wish i could afford to do it myself too expensive for both of us to be doing it lol) will just have to stick with being a passenger for now :)

8. MattBristow

MattBristow New Member

Just incase anyone has missed the FB posts. The gallery from Saturday can be seen at:Lydden Hill Race Circuit

Enjoy

9. *~BEX~*

*~BEX~* New Member

Great pictures, thank you :) loving this one of us, gonna have to get a closed face helmet i always look such a dork

[​IMG]

10. Phil2002

Phil2002 Member

Had an awesome day well run marshalls were spot on. Only gripe was that Chessons was a joke in the novice group nearly hit a few people on the exit as they were crawling stupidly slow. I'm moving up to intermediate group for September.

11. MaccyD

MaccyD Active Member

I was in novice group and i did find it a little annoying but you could see if it was stacking up before you got to the corner and at the end of the day it is the novice group. If someone feels they need to leave a certain sized gap so that they arent going to smack into you if you lose control in front of them then so be it. Id rather have to slow down a bit on a 3rd gear corner than have someone write my car off because ive lost it on devils elbow.

12. 328BM

328BM New Member

I never really had a problem with Chessons being slow if i'm honest and i was in novice, only issues i had was people not even attempting to drift and sitting in the way of everyone else, bit annoying

13. MaccyD

MaccyD Active Member

Were you in the estate? Saw you behind me a few times and had to put my foot down to keep clear haha. Just about being aware i think, of in front and behind

14. 328BM

328BM New Member

Yeah mate, dark blue one with a silver front front bumper? What were you in?

I wasn't too fussed with people being not skidding as long as they stayed out the way, it was more people sitting directly on the line, i was mid drift on devils elbow in 3rd, screaming at people to move some of the time haha

15. MaccyD

MaccyD Active Member

I was in the black 14 with the v8 noises. Think you were behind me later in the day, id already had a shunt on that back corner and had to drive home so didnt want to push my luck. Only my first day in that car so i was pleased

16. 328BM

328BM New Member

Yeah i remember i think, i never even bothered with the back corner, had bad vibes.

Was my first time at lydden, think i did good though, going up to intermediate next time definitely. How did you find it?

17. MaccyD

MaccyD Active Member

I really enjoyed it, sticking to novice for now though as im not sure i can keep up with the intermediates yet. I did the whole back corner in 3rd but yeah had the shunt just before lunch so didnt have a go after then. Target next time is 3rd gear entry into devils with more speed. I just did my own thing all day really so next time is time for progress and improvement.Was awesome drifting on a real circuit for once.

How about you?

18. 328BM

328BM New Member

I'm definitely going up to intermediate next time. Started off the day being able to do each corner seperately, in the last session i managed to link the last 3 main corners a couple of times, so i was really happy with how i did, just gotta work on my entries.

19. lezbrucelee

lezbrucelee Southwall Smokers

Yer I think you earned a sticker just for avoiding me on the last lap when I pulled the handbrake up. I've not had a chance to look through the gopro stuff yet, had some personal stuff going on the last few days, hopefully i'll get a chance to look tmw at some point.

20. lezbrucelee

lezbrucelee Southwall Smokers

Next ones 14th Sept i'll get the thread up for it as soon as I can

Yer it is dangerous, that's why I repeated it at the briefing, at points over the day I was doing over 100mph entries into chessons fully sideways.

Another issue we had was people not having towing eyes fitted, They need to be fitted before you go out on track and in a place where they can be accessed when your car is buried in the gravel. This cuts down on recovery time and will increase seat time for everyone.