Minty.Fresh Boosted Altezza

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Pete_the_Russian, Jul 27, 2013.

1. vdublou94

vdublou94 Member

Fucking love this car!

2. Pete_the_Russian

Does it say that on the diff as well then? If so, il have a look for you next time I get the chance. The chassis plate in the engine bay wont tell you much, since that diff hasn't been on the car for years

3. Khmer

Khmer Guest

can i just get the damn build plate diff code so i can see if there is a diff size difference between the tezza, is200 and is300 and what ratio it ran?

my jzx90 is a b01a. the build plate on my aunt's is300 says b01b. im open diff and shes going to give me her torsen and upgrade to a 97 spec jza80 tt trd lsd.

a few is200's I've seen have been equipped with the small and big diff, however, every beams tezza I've seen so far has been fitted with the A series small diff.

i don't care about what diff you have in the back, i care about what the code is on the build plate, so i can figure out:

if the majority of beams tezzas' were equipped with small diff's

and what diff ratio your tezza was factory equipped with.

4. Slamz

Slamz Member

Maybe if you were less of a dick to someone you were asking a favour from, he would have told you by now.

5. Pete_the_Russian

Go fuck yourself dude! Learn some manners!

6. Pete_the_Russian

Haha, just noticed this. My thought exactly :D

7. Pete_the_Russian

So... Majority of Altezzas come with A01A differential which is a 3.916 ratio Open Centre. Some come with A01B which is the same ratio but a torsen.

There are also A02A and A02B which have 4.083 ratio and are open and torsen respectively.

My chassis code is A01A.

8. mint

mint touch my fruit

What a fucking prick - Pete, tell this man fuck all. Let him find out his shit on his own.. people with attitude problems deserve nothing but a punch in the chops.

9. Khmer

Khmer Guest

oh yay i got the info, thank you.

10. Scott.F91

Scott.F91 Member

Was a good read, top work fella

11. Pete_the_Russian

So there might be a possibility that I have found the cause of the lack of boost that I have been experiencing recently...

[​IMG]

Waste gate does not look too healthy:rolleyes:

12. Pete_the_Russian

Finished all the body stuff on the weekend and there its a slight improvement over what she looked like a few weeks ago

[​IMG]

Shame I cant drive it :(

Pulled the turbo apart to get the housing fixed

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then I got bored and started doing this....only to find out I have ran out of sand paper. Oh well

[​IMG]

The list of things to do is getting shorter, but still a fair bit to finish before driftland. Bring on the payday :smash:

13. Pete_the_Russian

So I didnt get the turbo housing back on Friday. Apparently the cracks keep coming back as soon as an attempt and dressing the welds is made. Ordered a housing from Japan just to be on the safe side.

On another note, after hours upon hours of searching I found this bumper for sale in Ireland :smash:

[​IMG]

14. twiglett

twiglett Active Member

you bastard. i want that bumper.
    i have been looking for one for the last three years but everytime i find one it either turns out to be in crap condition and not worth the money or im ten minutes late and it has just sold to somebody else.

is it genuine or a fibreglass copy? does it include the cannards?

15. Pete_the_Russian

You havent been looking hard enough ;) Its not the bumper ive been having problems with. Its the skirts :( Il let you know what its like once I get it.

Genuine? Haha, no dude. I would never pay money for a genuine one so I can just smash it up. Its a fibreglass copy with kevlar reinforcement and apparently it fits really well. Has the canards too.

16. kirbymeister

kirbymeister Member

Glad you told that douche to fuck off. What a gobby cunt! Getting back to the car its looking a lot better now after the little off track incident you had. What you waiting on now to get the car sorted?

17. korito

korito New Member

Your car looks good, and the bumper/canards on that silver one are sick too! Would be a good addition.

18. DtheBUK

DtheBUK Active Member

if you're gunna fit that bumper pete you're going to need to run lower :D

19. Pete_the_Russian

Not necessarily, James. The vertex bumper is lower than whatever I have there at the moment. But it will be lower, just chiiiill.

To get the car running I just need the turbo housing. But there are other things on the list such as:

Fix the downpipe - its pretty much collapsed on itself
    Get a set of hubs and shorten them to stop uca hitting the chassis
    Fit front camber arms and shortened steering knuckles and get it all aligned

Thats the 3 main things i need to get done before driftland. But it doesnt stop there, im gonna take it one step at a time.

20. Pete_the_Russian

Didn't have much luck with the housing being fixed, so I just took it back and fitted to the car so I have something to drive again.

So nice to have something to look at again at work.

[​IMG]

Housing arrived to UK in one day, and the customs have had it for 3 days now.:no:

In the meantime a few more things arrived

[​IMG]

and this went on straightaway! Remains of driftland on the dashboard

[​IMG]

Also been having a battle with some stupid bitch at the breakers trying to get some spare hubs :wack: So hopefully I can get a set tomorrow and get the uprights shortened.