Cheap insurance companies. (sorry for the boring topic but I'm a bit stuck).

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by richyb, Sep 9, 2013.

1. richyb

richyb New Member

Hey all,

I have recently bought a sexy S13!

I've been looking at insurance quote sites to try and find something cheap, no luck.....

has anyone got some good suggestions for insurance?

cheers guys,

Rich.

2. simonlpearce

simonlpearce Member

Sky for the win.

3. richyb

richyb New Member

cheers mate, i'll have a look.

4. kam

kam I've touched Chris Parry

How about you list who you've tried, and people can suggest alternatives. :)

5. modfather

modfather Member

I just insured mine with Lancaster insurance with a couple mods declared for £219 under a classic car policy, which they choose not to use my 8 years ncb. I found them by using confused.com. they can also do guarantee value of the car to

6. docwra

docwra Active Member

Or join SXOC, call their approved insurers and save ££££ :thumbs:

7. robdriftit

robdriftit Member

Admiral have normally been the cheapest for me, they were on my S13, it wasnt cheap though- I got a good deal on my S14a and Skyline with Flux. Sky have always promised the earth, but I have never got a even half decent quote from them..

8. dustyjake

dustyjake Member

Try herts insurance they have always been really good for me easily 1 to 2 hundred cheaper than any comparison site every time

9. wigwambam

wigwambam Member

Greenlight were cheapest for me. Got me a policy with an LV sister company but with limited mileage. I have a different daily though so didn't care too much.

10. woolleyman

woolleyman Member

Green light were good for me and really helpfull

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. Alex B

Alex B Active Member

We've only dealt with trade policies but Alan Thomas, (or something like that), sorted us out when Sky and direct with AXA, and others that I forget 'cos they're not worth remembering, couldn't help. Excellent service, excellent price and thats with 'difficult to insure' cars.

Alex B

12. Adam-MGTF

Adam-MGTF Member

Pointless thread. Unless the people offering advice are; The same age as you, have the same occupation, have been driving the same amount of time, have the same car history, have the same points or lack thereof on their licence, live in the same house and park their car in the same place...... then they will find totally different quotes to you.

Sit down with a pc and your cars reg, go online and search one insurer at a time, change the variables... one insurer may cut the cost of your policy massivly just based on where the car is parked (both at night and during the day)

Resign yourself to the fact its going to take days

Do the hard work

Save a fortune.

Last year I was 24 and had my r33 insured fully comp for under 600 quid. But I had to put the time in. This year my s13 with an rb swap will cost me under 300!

Hope that helps

Oh and comparison sites are pointless for tge most part

13. Snode

Snode Member

I went with Churchill on my mx5 mk1, as they didn't care if I have a UK or EU license, just for how long. This is my first car in the UK, first uk insurance ever, I am 23, 5 years eu license and the amount is 1600+ paid monthly. Pretty rape still but all the others wanted 2.5k and upwards. The strange thing was that through the phone they wanted more money and there was no option of monthly payment while on their website it was cheaper and with a monthly payment lol. I just hope I don't ever have to find out if it's a good company or not.

As already said though your best bet would be to spend time online and on the phone as there are so many factors that can change the price, I had even tried identical cars and they had different quotes, forget logic!

14. Big.D

Big.D Member

Admiral were cheapest for me, for some reason sky couldn't return a quote probably to do with my age. But i'd definitely say the admiral group is worth a try as they own a few other companies like elephant and some others.

15. dubs

dubs New Member

the only companies i go between when its up are:
    Aplan (only speak to a bloke called Dan)
    Adrian Flux - i know you sometimes hear horror stories from them but I've been with them his year with no troubles
    However lots of people saying recently about Sky, I'm definitely going to give them a bash next time