Staying dry at a wet DWYB

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by BAZ2CRAZY, Sep 16, 2013.

1. BAZ2CRAZY

BAZ2CRAZY Member

Hellooo

Got my first DWYB on weds and its probably going to rain which i dont mind... but rolling around getting piss wet through changing wheels and leaving my stuff out is a bit shit.

So, i was wondering what do people generally do when its raining? gazeebo's? storage areas? dry areas? man up?

Id be a bit weary of leaving my SSR's lying around while i was off skidding and tools/jacks in the rain etc...

Any help with ideas/usual preperation for rain would be great.

Cheers

2. Milton

Milton Member

you could bring your own gazbo etc but from experiance most people just man up.

and from what i know most people leave there stuff out and trust eachother. but its upto you.
    and the officail line is prob ""DWYB do not take responsiblity for loss etc etc" im not an officail so dont take my word as gospal.

just my 2c

3. Aaron328

Aaron328 Member

We use a awning occasionally however I just usually man up.
    And just try stay in the car as long as possible :lol: :lol:

4. docwra

docwra Active Member

A tarp isnt a bad idea if its raining, as for wheels youve not got much choice, everyone else has to do the same as well though :)

5. Blackett

Blackett No Comment

If you check the local weather forecast for Wellingborough you'll see Weds is the nicest day this week with sunny periods all afternoon and highs of 14 degrees. :)

BBC Weather - Wellingborough

When it's wet bring some tarps or similar to wrap your gear and other heavy shiz you've ditched from your car in. Bring wetwipes and maybe a change of clothes too.

Ian :)

6. FOSSIL FUELS

FOSSIL FUELS Member

your going to get wet no matter what u do..

man it up a bit... if its wet it means less tire wear... there for less changes... but tarps and knee pads to help you keep your gear dry will always help.

definitely take a change of clothes

7. 4drmatt

4drmatt Member

Just get wet and take some spare clothes...

If you're that bothered about your wheels, chain them to a fence or something.

Also, take time to speak the people near where you're parked

8. rich1988

rich1988 Member

had my breaker bar nicked at a pod dwyb day, nothing big I know but pissed me off ! :p

9. edtheduck

edtheduck Member

bring a tarp, but as Ian said its looking like good weather.. cloudy but dry.

As said just speak to the people around you. I'll be there on wed and I'm no pikey :wave:

10. Clive

Clive Active Member

I used to just stack the tyres, thrn fill the centre of the stack with stuff. Plastic sheet... Then another tyre or wheel in that to hold it down.

Now have a tow car and 30 quid Argos gazebo... But done 2 years before this level of poshness :)

11. 200sx_

200sx_ PS13 x TD Power

I'll be there with a few mates, trusting no one is pikey there with my tools :-)

12. BAZ2CRAZY

BAZ2CRAZY Member

Thanks for the replys :)

Spare clothes and tarp it is then. Il be in a mariner blue mx5 with numbers on the side...

That said, is there anywhere i can plug my straightners and hairdryer in?

13. mc_bob

mc_bob Active Member

Take a chain to go through your wheels, Ive had too much shit go missing there.

14. BAZ2CRAZY

BAZ2CRAZY Member

Anyone driving down m1? Could meet up, high five and all that shit

15. BAZ2CRAZY

BAZ2CRAZY Member

Oh i hope people arent like that.. Boils my fucking nuts. Il hopefully congregate with some friendly looking people.

16. 200sx_

200sx_ PS13 x TD Power

Luckily I'll be with a few mates, going to create a den. Be easier to see if people we don't know are in the area ;)

17. Mini_the_Minx

Mini_the_Minx Member

Try to get friendly with your pit neighbours, you look out for them and they'll look out for you sort of thing.

As for keeping dry, you'll eventually get fed up of pussyfooting and just accept you're going to get soaked. As said, bring waterproofs an spare clothes.

18. Adam.

Adam. Member

Just stay in the car and get your mates to change your wheels and buy them a burger for doing so. Has worked for me on two occasions

19. SamN

SamN Member

I'll be there with a mate, last time we went we didn't get anything stolen. Hopefully there won't be any stealing pikeys there!!

20. Leno

Leno Member

It'll be my first dwyb as well, ill be in a gold mx5 and will be traveling the m1 around 8.30 ish hopefully