Southwall Smokers.... The Lydden Hill Drift Weekend 5th 6th Oct 2013

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by lezbrucelee, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Noris8322

Noris8322 New Member

Wicked cheers for that. Anyone else think of any others?

2. D-Pearce92

D-Pearce92 Member

Eyedea media and Asr photography both on facebook

Can't link as on phone.

3. cliodan26

cliodan26 Member

Does anyone know who was taking the photo's that you could buy in the scrutineering bay ?

4. michellewestby

Awesome weekend, shame I managed to crash when being greedy and going out in the last novice session, but only body work damage so all good. Lovely to see so many of you all , looking forward to the next one already, need to get better at the entries :/

5. Phil2002

Phil2002 Member

Awesome day got some great seat time. Run very well again, many thanks to Southwall Smoker and all the Lydden staff. Need to find some pennies now for November.

6. Natural Biker

Natural Biker Member

What a fucking weekend!!

Picked my car up from Walton at Nispro on Wednesday morning at 1am. Fiddled with some guages and a few other bits n bobs. Was SO nervous the car would fail (Having only reversed it off a trailer and put it back on before driving it through the pits to the dummy grid). BUT it did well :). So pleased with the way lydden is run now. KEEP IT 5 GROUPS!. Shame about a few drivers that CLEARLY have no respect for others and or the flags/rules of the track. The arse squeezing melon lover in the silver beemer in Inter group with a gay flipper on your car. Vid evidence of you clearly being a CUNT! Will put it up soon :).....

Other than that, what a fun weekend. Cant wait for next years one !

7. spaniel

spaniel bigballs small brain

I was in the inter group in a silver bmw. Yeah i had a flipper put on my car for a while. Dont know if your talking about me as i dont think i missed any flags and didnt hit anyone. Lets see the vid

8. Slamz

Slamz Member

Was only there for the Saturday, but think it runs much better as 5 smaller groups! No where near as many yellow flags, but a few bad crashes which is never good to see. Still a few people slowing down before the BDC bit, and 1 was going incredibly slow, which was quite dangerous as you came around chessons! But in all, much better than my last one!

9. MaccyD

MaccyD Active Member

haha, such an accurate description, how many people are adroning their cars with flippers these days? Is it the replacement to the drift charm?

10. emil_b_g

emil_b_g Member

What a great weekend shame my oil feed pipe burst with oil over the exhaust manifold and cough fire but was quickly put out by the marshals thank you for all th organizers for the smooth weekend.

Afternoon Saturday spend my day taking the manifold and turbo off Pirtek made me a new hose and back together by Saturday evening.

Managed to get 3 sessions on Sunday which was great before my turbo let go. :(

[​IMG]

run my car is on fire

curtesey of ASR Photography https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.221611911338831.1073741881.106001159566574&type=1

11. spaniel

No. One of the seaside alliance lot that i was drifting with bought them down one got put on my car for a couple of sessions.

12. feery

feery Member

Missed again. :-(

13. Adam.

Adam. Member

Not sure the MX5 had as much of a good time as I did :D

[​IMG]

14. LiamE36

LiamE36 Active Member

Haha I watched that happen ^^^

Then you went back round and run the bumper over haha.

15. Adam.

Adam. Member

Yeah she'd already taken a couple of hits by that point and cracked the light. So I decided to go all out and try and smash it into 1648943613 pieces :D Didn't mean to run the bumper over on the next lap tho haha

She was like this before that run:
    [​IMG]

16. Natural Biker

Natural Biker Member

OK so there was no flipper on the beemer. Sorry, its not gay, its cool ;)

LOL!

HOwever if it was you,. WTF! haha..

Just awaiting the video to upload and will post up, Ive added some commentary

17. konachris

konachris Member

Tres good weekend; managed both days without breaking the car and even managed to win one of the wacky races out of the dummy grid onto the track

18. spaniel

19. Joe-sef

Joe-sef -Broseph-

BMW NOT doing it right at Lydden HIll Weekender 2013 - YouTube

yep i seen this video on Facebook this morning,

Jesus Christ - This goes back to the thread "hitting other cars on a drift day"

UNBELIEVABLE

when it comes to People having to need to have something to loose on a Practice day to behave its a sad state of affairs.

If this had been a Track day, or a BDC event or whatever this guy would have been sent packing. DO IT.