Japan Autotrader/Pistonheads equivalent...?

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by shabz, Oct 15, 2013.

1. shabz

shabz lost the plot

I'm thinking of a trip to Japan for next holiday...toying with the idea of checking out a car to buy whilst I'm there..

Anyone know what the Autotrader/Pistonheads/eBayMotors equivalent website is over there?

Anyone have any experience of buying a car in Japan? Any tips?

Am aware of Japaneseusedcars.com who offer an awesome service - but conscious of buying a turbo car from auction which could need an imminent rebuild etc etc

2. mint

mint touch my fruit

Japanese used cars. | tradecarview.com

Lot of cheap cars on there. However dont expect to just rock up and buy a car ;) There's a reason you need to go through people like Reese at Japanese Used cars.

If you did manage to get one from there.. im not sure how you would get it from where it was.. to the docks.. as you wont be able to drive it unless your a card carrying gaijin and you have your own parking place (within a distance from your Japanese house) then you gotta make sure its on the right boat.. and the export paperwork is correct, take my advice.. from just trying to withdraw money from the bank (where there english was minimal) trying to get a car exported as a gaijin noob.. aint going to happen dude.

Sorry.

3. shabz

shabz lost the plot

Thanks the advice :)

As a gaijin noob :D I'm more than happy for someone to sort out the whole export process for me...but where do I see the car adverts? There's not a huge number advertised on japaneseusedcars.com

4. skyinsurance

skyinsurance gripper

PM them on here and tell them what you want and they'll come back with some options..

5. mint

mint touch my fruit

Or follow the link I posted. Its the trade car view site.

6. johnmaloney88

johnmaloney88 Member

some nice gear on yahoo auctions too.

@mint, where are you living in Japan? how did u end up moving? i might have to move myself in the future as my lady is from Zushi, Kanagawa. sorry for going off topic btw!

7. shabz

shabz lost the plot

That tradecarview.com site is pretty good! Are there any more similar to that?

Also is there any easy way to search for cars on yahoo auctions?

8. jcnissan

jcnissan Member

try www.goo-net-exchange.com i find it better than trade car view usualy more cars and nicer