Yodel

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by chrisS14, Nov 8, 2013.

1. chrisS14

chrisS14 Member

Pissed off! For some reason companies are still using YODEL to deliver. As im sure quite a few of you have been in this situation were Yodel fail to deliver something and now is being investigated by them (which never actually happens) what do you do now? Ask to speak to a manger there either in a meeting or fucking useless themselves. what can be done to either get my parcel actually delivered or compensation for the loss? What can be done?

2. kam

kam I've touched Chris Parry

Fucking HORRIFIC "company".
    I'd never order from someone that uses them.

Good luck :(

3. chrisS14

chrisS14 Member

I dont either but i forgot to ask who they use! thank god driftworks dont use them never had a mishap!

4. simonlpearce

simonlpearce Member

Your contract for your purchase is with the company you bought the item from, not with the courier. Whilst it might help for you to badger them about your shipment, i would also be on the case of the supplier demanding a replacement or a refund.

They are a useless company though, they must be damn cheap for so many people to use them!

5. Ruishy1

Ruishy1 Active Member

ive had yodel collect/deliver some stuff a few times.
    EVERY time there was a problem, late collection, late delivery.
    Almost as bad as MyHerpes

6. chrisS14

chrisS14 Member

cheers for the info simonlpearce! Just wondering if there is anywhere i can take this further as this is the 3rd time out of 3 that i have had unfotunately had to have a delivery with them which never arrives causing more aggro and me having to do the chasing etc and just really hate the fact thier MD is syaing how well they do and a leading company when clearly looking and reading reviews on the company is not the case... just hate being fed bull shit from thier employees about what is happening.

Maybe its cz im american and just want to sue there ass

7. Trickysadd

Trickysadd Member

I now only buy from people who use DPD or parcelforce as they know me , my house and my businesses.

If not they don't get my order. Simple.

If they still send it by a shit company, even after promising different, as some do to save cash, like yodel and it doesnt turn up , then I get straight onto them, not the courier and I always get a new replacement. Let the supplier sort out the shit with the courier.
    Citylink are worse.

Aparrantly its down to cost. DPD cost a lot more than others, but its why they are good

8. pecs

pecs Member

I've just had my first and last experience with these fuckwits.
    Only tuck them 4 attempts to get it right.

9. akinadan79

akinadan79 Active Member

We've got a Yodel collection for today, they sent a text saying between 09:00hrs and 19:00hrs....we'll see....they've got 50 minutes left but I doubt they'll show

10. akinadan79

akinadan79 Active Member

11. Torqueadam

Torqueadam Member

worst company i ever used, i sent a few things out they never got delivered, all were sat in their depot for no reason what so ever :( also had a lot of problems with citylink, parcel force is the only one which has always delivered for me.

12. initial_j

initial_j Made guy

most courier companies are as shit as each other, apart from DPD

city link have been pretty fucking awful, parcelforce ok

ive never used yodel knowingly, however funny this should crop up

im currently overseas at the moment and seeing as im such a kind amazing mother fucker, i ordered some flowers for mrs jack from a website, were supposed to be delivered on tuesday, then got an email tuesday saying due to a power cut at the yodel depot they couldnt make the delivery! a power cut? what is it 1980?

the website in question said theyd refund £5 onto my account with them for compensation, i told them to ram it and put the £5 back on my card instead as would never be using them again! they eventualy arrived today. just as well she was actualy at work today or id of been super pissed. i fail to believe a proper sized courier company would not have contingency plans for a power cut!

13. FAbity6032

FAbity6032 Member

My favorite ones are:

1. Fedex
    2. DHL
    3. Royal Mail

14. DoriDave

DoriDave ~~Sore-Arse~~

Yodel are cheap, ie 'shit'
    DPD aren't cheap, ie 'gets there but it'll cost you'.

15. mouldy

mouldy Member

only way i could actually get any info from these cunts was to ring them… wait for the answer machine to shut up then type 12345678#
    you then get put through to an actual person.

i got left a note saying track your missed parcel with this code….etc… tried the code online and it didnt exist.

16. Torqueadam

Torqueadam Member

I've found royal mail really bad sometimes too so surprised to see them in your top3 fabity.....

17. charlieog1243

charlieog1243 Member

yodel where on watchdog the other day cctv footage of one of there drivers throwing the parcel from fair way away to the front door and signing for it himself not knocking and getting the customers signature.

I used to work at a company where they only used yodel and the amount of complaints of products not turning up where fucking mental kept me in a job though :thumbs:

18. Trickysadd

Trickysadd Member

Further to my last post, unknown to me she ordered some stuff from the "white company" . They are an expensive high street shop and who do they use....Yodel.
    They txtd on Monday to say would be delivered Tues....NOTHING, no contact Tues and Wednesday. Another Txt Thursday....NOTHING.
    So we gave up .
    Then we are having a party for my daughters birthday on Saturday and there is a knock at the door. 7.45 pm Some bloke in a white Astra van saying "ME from from Yodddelllle !!
    No lie, he could not speak or understand a word of english, and I suspect his van had no MOT or tax etc.
    I just don't get it. They have been like this for the last 2 years or so , just using casual labour.

WHY the fuck do people use them??????

19. Yeah_Mick

Yeah_Mick Beauty Purr!

i stopped in a shop on the way to work yesterday and there was a yodel guy in there trying to deliver, he didn't say one word of english to the guy, he just grunted and pointed, he was like a zombie. christ knows how he gets through the day.