Urgent attention for admin or manager!!!

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by Marsh, Dec 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marsh

Marsh Member

Yes the warranty will be atleast 12months not 4 weeks

2. J_K_P

J_K_P Active Member

Now read what I wrote again.
    I didn't refer to the length of time the warranty covers. British consumer law states that the minimum warranty has to be 12 months for design/manufacturing faults.
    My point was, the warranty won't cover other parts damaged or any labour costs to replace them.

3. Marsh

Marsh Member

4. SheffJohn

SheffJohn Member

Correct. From someone else in the trade, other related or damaged parts are under no obligation to be covered under warranty. You MIGHT as a registered professional or mechanic, that could supply an invoice, be able to claim fitting labour rates for a faulty part.
    BUT as I doubt you are, and probably fitted them yourself, (as do most of us), that is irrelevant and a replacement part would be the only thing to expect from a distributor.

I deal with this weekly, and related parts, recovery costs, fitting time, alignment etc all get added onto people's warranty claims, and usually all refused. ESPECIALLY, if as I suspect, your not a professional in the trade.

5. kam

kam I've touched Chris Parry

Why have you come in to see us today, left with new parts and after a lengthy chat, then posted this on the forum?

I explained clearly and showed you what caused it to break - the damper rod has been bent from an impact, causing the internals to fail.

Heat spots on the damper shaft and huge damper casing wear confirm this. It didn't "just" happen, it had been operating like that for a good amount of time. You fail to mention here and on your "fuck HSD" Facebook rant that previously to just driving down the road, you'd been drifting at Birmingham wheels.

It could have all stopped there, no warranty due to the damper breaking from an impact.

But we gave you a new damper, stripped all the parts off the old pieces for you and gave you replacements for the only other damage you confirmed, 2 new braided brake lines.

So a replacement damper for one you'd broken and some free braided brake lines I think is far beyond the service legally and morally expected??

I even said to you get back to us when you know what else is damaged on the car and we'll see what we can do (as you hadn't confirmed any other damage, let alone mentioned the splitter/wheel) I'd have sent you some track rods for free to help you out if they were needed, and this is what we get?

You're more than welcome to return the entire kit for a full refund, the braided lines are all yours.

6. Marsh

Marsh Member

No i am not but if this would have happened 8-12 months down the line ide be more than happy with a new dampener but after only 4 weeks where i dont use the car daily it is used weekends only as i have a van then you would be expecting them to sort something.

7. J_K_P

J_K_P Active Member

Nope.

8. SheffJohn

SheffJohn Member

You use it for skidding, which in one day can put months worth of wear on parts, apart from the fact it's been explained to you by someone that clearly knows a lot more than you WHY it has failed. Due to a bent damper as result of impact.
    Do yourself a favour, knock the shit attitude off and be reasonable.
    Stop causing a fuss because YOU drift your ROAD car on TRACKS, clearly don't properly check it after bumps or events, then wonder why parts fail.

9. Marsh

Marsh Member

The wheels etc are all metioned in the facebook conversation we had yesterday and today. And yes i told you i had been drifting at birmingham wheels i was honest about everything i could have told you it had been sat there and they had only done 100 miles. I also told you that i didnt find any problems with them (knocks, bangs, squeeks ect) until it had snapped. I was as honest as i could be when i came in and told you what had happened.

Could i ask where the CE stamp is located on the product to say they are fit for purpose in the uk??

10. Marsh

Marsh Member

So do they not have written on them high pressure gas??

11. Marsh

Marsh Member

As i told them i did 3 attempts at birmingham wheels not really drifting much of the track as it was a first for me, they did say that its a bumpy track and i agreed it was but the track has no holes its just not a smooth surface. So if half hour on a slightly rough surface can cause the coilover to bend and snap then surely they need to look at the materials they use.

Would you still be saying i had a shit attitude if someone had of been killed when the coilover failed??

12. initial_j

initial_j Made guy

Knowing how polite and customer focused the dworks staff are Id have a fair guess you've almost definetly driven your car into something/pot hole and gone into get a refund and they've been to polite to tell you to F off.

I could be wrong but I'm also pretty sure they don't manufacture coilovers, they sell them so even if it was a quality issue it's not a suppliers fault is it?

13. Marsh

Marsh Member

They have seen photos of the car with the wheel tucked inside the arch and agreed there was no damage to wheel etc where i would of hit something serious enough to cause it to snap. They said potholes could of caused it but like the majority on here i go out of my way to avoid potholes and bumps, even to the extent where i will let a car pass on the otherside of the road so i can avoid them.

Like i have previously said dw do manufacture the hsd coilovers.

14. initial_j

initial_j Made guy

I really really don't think they do mate!

15. J_K_P

J_K_P Active Member

This is a pressure vessel

[​IMG]

This is not.

[​IMG]

According to The Transportable Pressure Vessels Regulations 2001
    SCHEDULE 1DISAPPLICATIONS TO THESE REGULATIONS
    Section 1,sub section d,ii

#35 J_K_P, Dec 6, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  16. eurospec

eurospec Member

what a knob.

17. chrisyboi

chrisyboi Member

I don't understand why you are still arguing and going on about this? You yourself said that driftworks replaced the damper and gave you free braided lines, so surely that's fixed now? Problem solved.

Kam said earlier in the page that if you would have said there was any other damage he would have replaced it, I.e. Tention rods. Seems like you are just moaning for the sake of moaning....

18. diamondsink

diamondsink Kyouto Drift

The coilovers are made by a Korean company called HD systems. Two seconds on google will tell you that. DW is the main european dealer.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.hsdshocks.com/company/com01.htm

19. Shaarkey

Shaarkey Member

if you believe they are selling "dodgy" coilovers why accept a replacement? just sounds like you hit a curb and bent them continued to drive on them knew it was your fault and are after someone to pay to repair your car.

20. Marsh

Marsh Member

If i had of hit a curb i would need a new car not a shock the front end would of been write off. Plus if it was my fault it had failed i would not of contacted them. This post was not intended to slag anyone off or upset people it was purely my experience with them. No one would bat an eyelid if i had of said it was great. This being the reason i did not post any info up last night before i went to see them. The reason i bought HSDs in the first place was because of all the great reviews about the item and about dw. I had a problem which kam even said is strange as the shaft had snapped right at them bottom. He said the weak point is the top which normally takes a good hit to break.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.