1963 FORD GALAXIE muscle car

Thread in 'Misc for sale' started by Jason, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Jason

Jason Nurse?

Due to a change in circumstances my 1963 ford galaxie is going up for sale

1963 Right hand drive Ford galaxie 500 convertible, 8 months MOT and Tax (which is free) this is a genuine RHD car sold in the UK new in 1963. It has been in the UK for 50 years so has been welded, filled, painted etc due to our lovely weather!! and the car needs some bits of body work and a paint job now as paint is slightly faded and touched up to keep it looking tidy, all of which does not show in the pics.
    Right hand drive is awesome, it means your actually on the right side of the car.

Engine is a 406ci (6.7L) big block v8, fitted with an Edelbrock 4 barrel carb. The carb could do with setting up but she starts, ticks over, runs all ok. The only issue is that it has a tendancy to stall when slowing down, which is a bit of an issue as if the car stalls you lose the power steering and brakes... engine breaths a bit heavy, and if i get change ill change the dizzy plugs and leads as they need a refresh

She drives like a typical american classic. big and wallowy, like being at sea. its no slouch but dont expect to get over about 80mph. The 3 speed gearbox works as it should with no untoward noises.
    The only mechanical issue with the car is the fuel guage intermittently works, its not the end of the world, just assume its empty and youll probably be right!
    Power hood works fine, the hood could do with a retrim.
    Power steering, power brakes all work, no leaks from underneath.

So, if you fancy something a bit different, and have a bit of space (shes 17 foot long!) then come and have a look :)

ill put this up for £5.5k, open to p/x's. No projects though, otherwise id be keeping this

im in no real rush to sell, i just havent got the time to finish her. i was going to get the hood done, respray, and give the engine a bit of a service.

[​IMG]

2. Jason

Jason Nurse?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

forgot to mention, interior is in great condition, ill get some more photos put up here

3. DoriDave

DoriDave ~~Sore-Arse~~

Ha! I was watching this on ebay a couple of months ago. :D

4. Jason

Jason Nurse?

:)

i just need to accept that i have too many other things going on to have any spare time to do anything to cars :/
    so sadly, at the moment anyways, no more projects for me

5. manky toe man

manky toe man Member

I too was watching this on ebay and if my soarer had sold in time I think I would have bought it as its fuckin badass!!! good luck man, too much monies for me but worth every penny love it.

6. Jason

Jason Nurse?

its amazing fun to drive :D and seats 6 people, its the most social car ever!

7. Jason

Jason Nurse?

Thanks for the messages people

[​IMG]

slightly better pic of the interior, i need to get some better pics of this, will do so in the next week.

8. Jason

Jason Nurse?