My JZX100 the gentleman

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by -Marc-, Mar 18, 2013.

1. -Marc-

-Marc- -JZX-

So after getting half way through the tear down to inspect the diff I found a massive amount of grease coming from one of the drive shafts. I have some replacements on the way so have left the diff in place. Hopefully this was the problem/noise, if not at least I'll have some spare shafts.

While I'm waiting on those I set to work on the rear arches with the roller. Obviously they won't be left like this as I still need to loose a fair bit of camber once I get the arms sorted, for now though it'll do.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mint

mint touch my fruit

Fits alot better than I thought! How much work did you put into the arch in the end then? Cause it looks nice.

3. -Marc-

-Marc- -JZX-

Not a massive amount dude, hammer back the inner skin and gave it a good few rolls. Just done it very gradually, that rear ledge in the metal work scares me with rolling...just waiting for it to crease somewhere.

TBH I don't know how much more I'll get away with when it comes to loosing the camber but we'll see.

4. jimmy crowley

jimmy crowley Rouge Dori s15

chaser arches are fuckin tough to roll strong arms required lol looks good dude . I get sad looking at this after selling up

5. -Marc-

-Marc- -JZX-

Thanks dude, not so bad when you increase the pressure in small amounts and as I said I think they'd crease easy if you went straight at them.

Why did you sell man? bound to regret that.

6. -Marc-

-Marc- -JZX-

Unfortunately my drive shafts not here still due to this bull shit weather, a few other bits have made it though:

Last piece of the exhaust puzzle, HPI all in one elbow de-cat down pipe.

[​IMG]

I'm pretty excited to hear what this new setup will sound like.

Also picked up some more Vienna Courage's, yes they're 18/19, no I don't care and no they probably wont fit but they were too cheap to miss out on.

18x9.5 +12

[​IMG]

19x10.5 +18

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Dex

Dex kut!

18/19 stagger F T M F W

8. mugen88

mugen88 Member

Such a bad ass car, would love a jzx100 exactly like it

9. mc_bob

mc_bob Active Member

V cool car man, love the lines.

10. -Marc-

-Marc- -JZX-

Thanks gents.

It's cool but doing it right and being able to use it isn't easy.

11. -Marc-

-Marc- -JZX-

Great weekend working on the car, not.

19's don't fit even after a hefty roll/pull. They'd go in if I put a smaller tyre on them but only just, I also need to loose like 3deg of camber too so they would be an issue again. Looks like they'll be sold on.

[​IMG]

Then the absolute ballache that was getting the exhaust fitted, just getting the old elbow off was an absolute cunt to be honest. Bolted up the new HPI elbow/down pipe easy enough and bolted that to the custom system nice an easy. New exhaust has awesome clearance I'm thinking, until I get to the back

[​IMG]

Hmm cool.

Not really sure how that happened when the rest fits so well but I guess that's the risk you run doing it off the car. Anyway fuck it I thought, start it up and at least see what it sounds like, battery is dead, booster pack it, alarm goes off flat out and drains the booster. Perfect.

CARLIFE

12. FireStorm999

FireStorm999 Active Member

They look fucking cool tho man.

13. -Marc-

-Marc- -JZX-

I know dude, sucks. Would look even cooler if they were tucked in the arch like they should be rather than sat on the side walls..

14. xborninthefightx

xborninthefightx JZX BOSS

Nice wheels man, where did you get the HPI elbow decat pipe from.

15. -Marc-

-Marc- -JZX-

RHD Japan mate.

16. markturbo

markturbo Tarmac scrapper

:nod::thumbs::worthy:

Would look boss

17. luckyshot66

luckyshot66 Member

Just a case of modding the hangers abit?

Was hoping to see what difference you thought the HPI pipe made. I'll be fitting mine soon though. LOUD NOISES!

18. -Marc-

-Marc- -JZX-

It's killing me seeing it sat on the tyres everytime I walk passed it.

It's weird, the rest of the system sits perfect, loads of clearance and in the right place. I'm thinking of slicing a 'V' into the back somewhere to angle it back up and then re-weld. I haven't even started it yet...probably fire it up later.

19. -Marc-

-Marc- -JZX-

Got the spare drive shaft on in the vain hope that it's whats causing the knocking noise today. I'm pretty certain in my mind it's still the diff but it's worth a shot 1st. Couldn't be arsed to put the exhaust back on just to test it because it needs to be cut up to get it angled right anyway.

Also removed the 19's and fitted the other 18" Courages, should look good once the rears are chromed or polished.

[​IMG]

Once the diffs sorted I'm booking a drift day so I have to fit the clutch and finally get out driving, sick of looking at it now.

20. eric25

eric25 New Member

Sweet looking 100 man .. Those wheels suit it well.. Hard to get a good dish wit the jzx100 without going mad on the arches