Southwall Smokers Lydden Hill Drift Day 15th Feb 2014

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by lezbrucelee, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Auto-Retro

Auto-Retro Member

i was in inter, and was very impressed with how well the session flowed, i did spin a few times so hope i didnt get in too many peoples way. was an excellent day and cant wait for march 22nd.

2. Badham

Badham Member

Definitely can't wait to go again, I think we'll be looking for one around June/July. Hopefully be dry all day then as well.

#82 Badham, Feb 17, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  3. 328BM

328BM New Member

I was only there spectating this time, but all in all had a good day, saw some good driving and some bad, but yeah a good day.

Saw a few cars in gravel once or twice with no yellow flags waved for a few laps though, bit iffy especially after that mid day drivers briefing...but apart from that a good day!

4. Auto-Retro

Auto-Retro Member

i noticed not many yellow flags in the afternoon too, didnt seem to cause a problem

5. matt_wdw

matt_wdw Member

I believe thats me in your signature. Remember following you at some point. Was a good day overall we wasnt stoped to many times

6. murt

murt Guest

Big thanks to you Adam for letting me borrow that block of wood, the intermediate group went really well to be honest, the only things i noticed was one of the BMW's trying to twin with me at some stages in which i was entering a lot slower than them which kinda made me panic a bit, and some people in our group wasn't intermediate, maybe a group down was where they was meant to be (I'm not saying I'm the best drifter etc, but when you are spinning out every lap holding up everyone else, it kinda annoys the rest of the group), apart from that, well done to everyone else in Intermediate you made our session awesome!

#86 murt, Feb 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2014
  7. Tbone455ci

Tbone455ci New Member

Had a great time in the novice/inter group until the f'ing throttle cable snapped! Sorry if I held anyone up crawling up the hill......

Had to bodge the cable to get me home! Easier said then done, with all the traffic & hand operated throttle.
    Can't wait for the next one :)

8. ColonelMustard

ColonelMustard New Member

I was in the intermediate class and have to say, bar one or two - flowed really well!

I was driving the tatty S14a with the Drift Matsuri sunstrip.

I'll apologise now to the guy in the silver Lexus, I came right up on your door round paddock and I don't think you liked it much. Sorry mate.

One thing I have to note and would like someone to pay attention to it. I span out while driving down the straight between paddock and chessens and just got myself off track by about 5-10ft. (this was 2nd lap in) I was left there for the entire duration of the session while people were doing manji's down the straight. I'm not angry about losing the session as to be honest it was my fault, but to leave a car that close to the edge of the track without putting any yellow flags out whatsoever is quite frankly fucking idiotic! Lets say for arguments sake someone did the exact same thing as I did (we all make mistakes) and ploughed into the side of my car - not only would there have been a hell of a mess to clean up, but there could have been some serious injuries / possible fatalities! 80mph collision...

Apart from this I thought the day was very well run and thoroughly enjoyed it. Bring on the next one.

9. spaniel

spaniel bigballs small brain

I know what you mean mate i had the same spinning on paddock i was sat there waiting to get out and nearly got taken out, again no yellow flag.

i noticed when watching a few sessions the clerk standing at the pit exit was looking up the hill to the hair pin while people were sat on paddock with cars flying at them. Surely each marshall should be watching out for the section after their marshall post not before.

Dont get me wrong its a good day down there but i think the marshalls need a bit better comunication.

10. Adam.

Adam. Member

That was me in the Lexus lol, didn't bother me that you were getting close I just moved out of your way because at that point my tyres were starting to let go

11. Chimp

Chimp Member

The highlight of the day was watching the guy in the red 14a knock his bumper off on the inside of paddock... Reversing back... Parking on the outside of the corner, getting out, removing the bumper... who ever you are, please DONT EVER GET OUT YOUR CAR AGAIN. On the outside of a third gear corner in the wet... Are you fucking nuts?

12. spaniel

spaniel bigballs small brain

I know i came round paddock as he was trying to drive off. Just leave the bumper behind and get it from the dummy grid later.

13. wiggye36

wiggye36 New Member

All his lights were still connected to the bumper so when he moved it's just dragged along by the wires, but no matter where you are you should never get out especially on a live track!!