How muc should 200sx's be selling for?

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by danielb, Feb 17, 2014.

1. danielb

danielb Member

Ok guys so iv been looking into buying a new car for some time now, i have decided i want either toyota soarer or a Nissan 200sx s13/s14. So im seeing that people selling 200sx's are asking for about 3K for very lightly modified s14 is that about right?

**Edit sorry about the title being messed up my keyboards is f***** .**

#1 danielb, Feb 17, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  2. sparky_s13

sparky_s13 Active Member

Prices have seemed to shot up lately for some reason, seen people asking £3k for dogs which is annoying

3. r3k1355

r3k1355 Well-Known Member

People are willing to pay that price so cars will continue to sell for it.

4. danielb

danielb Member

Yh i know exactly how you feel,

So does anyone know roughly how much they were selling for before this increase or is it just worth giving in and buying one at this price?

5. rd-jon

rd-jon Member

It's not really a case of giving in. Find a car you like and pay what you think it's worth. It's no different to any other car.
    It does suck that prices have increased, but there is a demand for them and people with more money than sense are paying over the odds in many cases. It's up to you to decide what you are willing to pay. There are still good fair deals to be had out there.

6. Struggle

Struggle Active Member

7. Nutter

Nutter Member

Put it another way, take in the cost of buying a cheap dog say 1k and build a car out of it. 3k is cheap. As has been said though, you pay what you think it's worth.

8. Wax

Wax New Member

I think they are a little over priced but your getting a damn fine car for you dollar

9. Struggle

Struggle Active Member

no your not. generally your getting an old, rotten car which is totally crap at everything other than skidding. your getting ripped the fuck off TBH

10. docwra

docwra Active Member

He's right you know.

11. Jites

Jites Active Member

that's pretty much sums up all s bodies. My one included

12. danielb

danielb Member

Why do you say that, I thought 200sx are really nice and reliable cars? I love s13/14

13. Andy_F

Andy_F S13+S15=S28?

S13's in particular have shot up like crazy. Basically comes down to supply/demand - there are far, far less S13's knocking about these days than there ever used to be, yet the demand for them is still high. The vast majority of 13's these days have either been broken or scrapped.

14. danielb

danielb Member

Upsets me that these cars get scrapped they are amazing little cars. I think like everyone has said I will have to find one and pay what I think its worth.

15. turbopaul

turbopaul Active Member

I bought a minter s13 a few years back for a grand. People now would be spunking over something like that for 3-4k. Ridiculous! Does upset me seeing shitty dogs up for 2k plus nowadays. And when you factor in that S bodies need decent modifications to make them worth while, it just makes them way too dear for what they are!

16. r3k1355

r3k1355 Well-Known Member

They're still cheap enough to tune and get good power gains from.

Upto 300BHP is fucking cheap really, especially when you consider you're doing turbo,IC,injectors,MAF,ECU(chip),fuel pump,exhaust,filter etc etc

17. SupraJord

SupraJord Member

£3-4k for the lower-mid end of S14s seems to be about the going rate right now. Mate just recently bought a pretty clean one decent spec for £4k.

18. rich1988

rich1988 Member

I have noticed prices shoot up recently as well, I bought my 98 S14a stage 1 for £1400, granted it had 198k on it but was a brilliant car, would be double that now! Gutted as I have gone back into education as a mature student and am half expecting there to be no decent ones around by the time im able to justify one again!

19. Jizzle

Jizzle Member

Its great that theyre going up in value but its also a shame for the people in the market for them, not alot of s14s for sale that havent had abit of sideways action anymore!

20. mint

mint touch my fruit

Personal opinion really isnt it. Any car can be nice and reliable.. but 200sx and reliable are not two words I would use together.. I think most look shit and they all sound shit.
    Its common knowledge now.. Going to drift day.. with 30 spaces.. 20 of those cars are 200sx's, fairly guaranteed that 10-15 will break or shit themselves before the days up. HAHAHA It is funny walking round pits full of broken datsuns :p

mx5 is the new s-body.. everyone's got one and they all look shit, including mine !