My [NON DRIFTER!] 650bhp VVTi Supra Single Turbo

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by HateEvent, Feb 3, 2014.

1. HateEvent

HateEvent New Member

Thought this would be as suitable a place to pop this thread, though if it is to go elsewhere then please somebody shift it for me :)

I figured that I'd post up about my car - it is a 1997 Toyota Supra VVTi 6 speed in 202 Astral Black with a GReddy T88-34D turbo kit. It is currently sitting at 650bhp at 1.3bar. That will be changing soon :)

I had it imported in July by JM-Imports and fitted a couple of bits that I had lying around (HKS Kansai carbon splitter and Shine Auto carbon rear diffuser) which I was going to fit to my previous Supra (a 1994 NA-TT 5 speed BPU in 040 white). I also ordered some nice wheels for it as well - CCW Classics in fully polished finish. 18x10 up front with R888 285/30/18 and 18x11.5 rear with R888 315/30/18.

Anyway, I'll move on to the good bits, which are the pictures and spec. :)

Spec:

2JZ-GTE VVTi engine (40k miles)
    GReddy T88-34D Single Turbo Kit (Greddy Stainless Steel Header w/ 45mm runners, Type R GReddy Wastegate, 80mm Downpipe, Intake pipe, GReddy AirInx 2 Intake, various oil lines/hoses/couplers/heat shield etc.)
    HKS F-Con V Pro ECU (tuned by HKS Kansai)
    Defi DSSC Dash (set up for boost pressure, oil temperature, oil pressure, water temperature, fuel pressure & a voltmeter via Defi Link system)
    GReddy Profec B Spec-II Boost Controller (1.0 bar and 1.3 bar configured)
    Blitz 60mm boost gauge (going to get rid and replace with an AFR gauge as the Defi DSSC and the GReddy Profec both indicate boost)
    Top Secret gear knob
    Momo steering wheel
    Trust 4" Front Mount Intercooler
    Tein Flex coilovers
    GReddy Oil Cooler
    TRD 1.3bar radiator cap
    Blitz oil cap
    Recaro SPG fixed driver seat
    OEM Recaro Confetti passenger seat
    Pioneer Carrozzeria headunit
    Focal crossovers
    OEM sub
    Cobra Thatcham CAT1 alarm system
    OEM Facelift front bumper
    HKS Kansai carbon fibre front splitter
    APR Carbon cooling plate
    OEM Sideskirts
    Shine Auto carbon fibre rear diffuser
    CCW Classics 18x10 ET50 (F) 18x11.5 ET 50 (R) with Toyo R888 285/30/18 & 315/30/18
    UK Spec Brakes (4 pot front, 2 pot rear with 324mm discs)
    Blitz Nur Spec R 3.5" exhaust
    Screamer pipe
    Gurney Flap fitted to rear spoiler

Pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have a few plans over the next few months, mainly to change to a Syvecs S6 ECU with launch control module, fit some higher lift cams (either 264 or 272, undecided as yet), a GReddy intake plenum, some Takatas, maybe a Nardi wheel and a tower brace of sorts. Then maybe a billet wheel upgrade for the turbo. The list goes on and on. :)

Cheers for looking. :cool:

James

2. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Awesome looking car.

But confused why you've signed up and posted it on here though aside from to get praise and love for your cool car, as you said yourself it's not for drifting?

Lot of effort to try n show off isn't it?

3. HateEvent

HateEvent New Member

Ah apologies, I mentioned in my 'New to Driftworks?' thread that I'm going to be on the look out for an R32 GTS-T and that I'd be as well to post up a bit of my current car in the meantime. I hadn't put anything into this thread as well about my interest in a 32 as this one has nothing to do with that search. :)

4. sparky_s13

sparky_s13 Active Member

SERIOUSLY nice!

Have a VVT-I 2JZ with single turbo to go in my s13 :)

Also looking to run the S6 ECU, I'm interested to know more about the Greddy plenum, couldn't find one other than the copy ones for the life of me!

Also love that Defi stack dash!

5. Thomas

Thomas Needs seattime ASAP

What are you apologizing for? You showed of a cool looking car with a great speclist, thanks for that. It's not as if it was a boyracer Saxo. :D

6. wantthatone

wantthatone Member

very nice indeed! few bob went into that im sure...

7. Rich.2211

Rich.2211 New Member

Awesome car mate, one of my favourites :)

8. nos4speed

nos4speed Member

Very furking awesome, those wheels look soo good! I think I remember seeing this at JM imports, often go and have a perv over the cars there :p I need one of these in my life, or a 32 GTR!

9. SX_BIG

SX_BIG Active Member

probably the best Supra I have ever seen. not ott... decent wheels. well done dude. saved a pic of that!

10. Ruishy1

Ruishy1 Active Member

that's a very tasteful done supra.
    Bet it goes well :)

11. Supra Gaz

Supra Gaz Member

Bloody lovely! Follows Jamiep's school of 'how to mod a supra', black, beautiful wheels, bloody fast. I miss my supra...

oh oh and don't apologise for anything, it's bloody lovely and nice to read about a well put together car.

12. HateEvent

HateEvent New Member

Ah excellent! From a Supra or an Aristo? :)

SRD do a nice plenum based on the GReddy that is worth looking at. The genuines are certainly difficult to find, but I wouldn't want a cheap eBay one so will keep my eyes peeled. :)

Haha, just for my 'showing off' ;) True, it is pretty far removed from a wee Saxo haha!

Yeah absolutely haha! Worth every penny though! :D

:thumbs:

Yeah it was displayed on the JM facebook page between May and July as I was awaiting the arrival then :) Great service received from them, and I will get something else from Jurgen again in the future :)

Thanks very much! I appreciate it!

It sure does! The R888s aren't too fond of this cold and wet weather though, so I have to wait until the place clears up a bit before opening her up again :)

Yeah, Jamie fairly did it right with his old black car! Stunning machine. I of course prefer the aesthetics of mine, otherwise I'd have done the same as he did haha! Still though, can't go wrong with nice wheels and powerrrrrrrrrr! Haha ;)

13. sparky_s13

sparky_s13 Active Member

Its from an Aristo mate :)

I am trying to find info on the throttle body electrics, I believe its for traction control etc for the stock ECU but as I will be making a loom from scratch I need to know if I can get rid of it because its still a cable operated throttle. Any ideas mate?

Ideally I would like an aftermarket plenum but depends if funds will allow so may have to wait until next season.

14. luke28

luke28 Member

love the wheels and the way it sits.

15. flywheel

flywheel Member

Thought i had seen this before. were you down at driftland with it before on show?

16. Chunky899

Chunky899 Member

Love this car! And it's subtle too! Not some stripped out show piece. It looks like you could have it as a daily almost haha

17. SupraJord

SupraJord Member

Lovely supra and great spec :) I take it you're on mkivsupra.net? Don't recognise the username :)

18. Myrddin

Myrddin Member

Welcome matey, love your supra, looks even better in the flesh, I met you at jab bash last year, I'm Ben SZ-R's mate.

19. FRRACER

FRRACER Member

Amazing car! How is the drivability with that big single turbo?

20. JoJoNLD

JoJoNLD Member

You really got a nice supra man! I envy you