BDC License Day On Board Video - Mazda MX5 (Inc. 360 Entry) & Learn2Drift S14a

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by CrabsterDrift, Feb 24, 2014.

1. CrabsterDrift

CrabsterDrift Callum Craddy

JUDGED RUNS: Huge thanks to Andy Arnott (Nose) for letting me use the S14a for my judged runs! I'd had no practice in the car and went into the licensing runs fresh. Pulled out a Semi Pro license :) Reason? Sweeps told me to get a turbo when I asked what I needed to change after practice in the MX5.

PRACTICE RUNS: (Morning and Afternoon after licensing) Thanks to Simon Dean of AnyMountLTD for supplying me with the GoPro HD Hero 3 Silver, VectorMount and RAMmount package! The MX5 is running STANDARD POWER and LOCK. The only mods being coilovers, hydraulic handbrake and of course a welded diff.

(Apologise for the Vector footage not being the best... Was VERY windy and first time I've used one!)

360 ENTRY!

#1 CrabsterDrift, Feb 24, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  2. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Congrats on the licence.

What was the judged part of the track then?

The first corner not judged at all or?

3. CrabsterDrift

Correct. They didn't judge the first corner. Entry into 2nd corner is where it all began :)

EDIT:

3:23

#3 CrabsterDrift, Feb 24, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  4. joetheeskimo

joetheeskimo Member

looks great dude. If you don't mind me asking, \
    -is it a 1.6 or 1.8,
    - do you have 1.6 rear brakes or 1.8
    - whats the hydro like on stock brakes
    - was most of that in second or third gear.

5. CrabsterDrift

- It's a 1.8 but hasn't been serviced for AGES (Was only expecting it to last a couple months before it died but it just keeps going.. Now decided to keep it so that's getting done this next week or so before 18th March Skid Day)
    - 1.8 brakes
    - Hydro is fine, I need new discs/pads on the rear though so is a bit shite atm
    - 2nd gear on entry, 1st gear up the hill, 2nd gear round top of the hill. Could've been 2nd all the way if I'd put the 14" wheels on rather than the borrowed 16's when I was stuck for tyres first thing on the morning!