***** Dakota Drift & Drag @ Kirkbride Airfield CUMBRIA 19/07/14 & 20/07/14 *****

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by Monkey Magic, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Monkey Magic

Monkey Magic Active Member

Dakota Drift

Kirkbride? Airfield Weekender 1

Straightliners are holding another 2 weekend Drift & Drag events in 2014 at Kirkbride airfield near Carlisle in Cumbria.

19th/20th July

4th/5th October DRIFTING CANCELLED, DRAG RACING STILL ON

Please read all the details below:

Ticket price info

Prices for this event TBA

Kirkbride airfield
    Wigton
    Cumbria
    Ca7 5hp

Drift Tracks & Tuition

We have 1 drift track at Kirkbride which is suited for all skill levels with upto 4 cars on track at once. Twinning and trains allowed for advanced drivers. Beginners welcome with free tuition available.

The track is shared with sprinters, we have a professional time keeping system for this with print outs of your times and a live leaderboard through the day.

Here is a video of the track we made last year:

If you are thinking of starting drifting have a quick read through these threads for some basic advice:

http://www.driftworks.com/forum/faq...ift-modifications-drift-day-preparations.html
    http://www.driftworks.com/forum/faq-new-members-please-read/75995-getting-started.html

Driver Info & Rules

Drivers licence needed

Arms and legs covered & helmets on. (Bring your own) Seatbelt/Harness done up.

Take your tyres home with you and rubbish in the bins. Any fly tipping of tyres will result in you being banned from future events

Noise restrictions - NO BEE-R LIMITERS! If you have one you will be asked to turn it off or so it doesn't bang like a shotgun.

Obey the marshal's and flags. Bad attitudes towards the drift track marshal's is not acceptable, any problems ask for me, JK or Trevor.

TOW HOOKS - easily assessible tow hooks are required front and rear

Scruitneering:

Cars need to be scrutineered, common sense stuff you should have really sorted yourself prior to any event:

Battery secure

Seat & Belts secure

No fluid leaks

Brakes working

Footwells/interior free of junk (having a bottle roll under your pedals is not fun)

Tow hook

Working lights will be needed if it's foggy

Dakota Drag And Drift Contact Info

trevor@straightliners.co.uk

https://www.facebook.com/dakotaracewaysouthwest

For all latest updates find us below at Facebook @ Dakota Drift

https://www.facebook.com/dakotadrift?fref=ts

#1 Monkey Magic, Feb 14, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
  2. CrabsterDrift

CrabsterDrift Callum Craddy

Oooooo! Something else up North ey? May have to get in on this myself.. (More likely the October one for me)!

3. bbl2712

bbl2712 Member

4. Monkey Magic

This event is still going ahead this weekend if anyone is interested. I don't have an exact price from straightliners but last year it was £40 per day so should be around the same price this year.

I've been very busy recently so only just got round to thinking about drumming up more interest in it. But it's 2 days worth of practice time for the locals and I'm travelling up from Devon on my own so any help with marshalling on the day would be helpful. No tyre van booked as of yet so bring lots of wheels with tyres on if you are planning on drifting as seat time is bound to be good.

We have another weekend event booked in for October here too.

5. Monkey Magic

Drifting is £40 or £45 for drift and drag each day. Everyone has to pay £10 entry into the venue on the gate.

So effectively it's £50 drifting per day or £55 drift and drag with unlimited runs on both.

The drift track will be shared with the sprinters with timing gear and time cards printed out so you are welcome to do that as well if you have paid to drift.

Are there any drifters out there from the carlisle/cumbria area planning on coming this weekend? Post up if you are :)

#5 Monkey Magic, Jul 18, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
  6. redgpx

redgpx Member

Busy this weekend will put Oct in diary.

7. belly257

belly257 Member

not far from me, the 2nd/3rd october is a thursday and friday, is this correct as it says weekends in the description?

8. Monkey Magic

Whoops, it's supposed to be the 4th/5th

9. belly257

belly257 Member

Haha ok. How do I book in for this? My mates went to the last one and I think they just payed when they got there?

10. Monkey Magic

Sorry to dissapoint you but there won't be any drifting at the October event now.

The drag racing is still going ahead and tieing it in the streetwars stuff so the drift/sprint area will be taken over by that.

11. belly257

belly257 Member

Fuck the drag racing! Ha o well I will have to find somewhere else. What is the reason for this? Just because they need to room or something?