Master This! - Mazda MX-5

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Master This!, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Master This!

Master This! Member

You dont have to comment if your not happy, at end of the day its my daily so i cant just go wreck it and put it in a garage to work on i need it every day and its not going to be a missle, its gonna be drifted but not wrecked (hopefully) , im enjoying tinkering with it and as ive said its quite a new build which ive really only just started seriously a couple months back so just give me some time to actually get everything I want sorted before taking it skidding. :-D but once I do it'll have the pics and hopefully vids aswell and ill put them up.

2. matthewstew

matthewstew New Member

Yeah people need to chill the fuck out
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with building a car..in the build section
    It's not even a dragged out build and it's a daily, I think that in itself is pretty bloody commendable. Good job master, mate.

3. matthewstew

matthewstew New Member

Also the door cards look sweet,

My mate has a supercharged mx5 and it's awesome haha
    Actually he has 2 lol but yeah you'll love the supercharger specially for daily duties

4. Master This!

Master This! Member

Thanks Matt , more to come soon.

5. danfst

danfst Member

I don't gets what commendable? This is supposed to be driftworks (the clue is in the name what builds should be about.) Not RWDcouldpotentiallyskidworks.

6. jon07043278

jon07043278 Well-Known Member

Part of the fun of drifting is building the car. Take a chill pill... Bill (or danfst)

7. matthewstew

matthewstew New Member

It's somewhat hard to keep a car a daily whilst modifying
    If anyone had listens to him he is getting to the drifting..
    I'm very surprised that so many people are upset about not seeing a few pictures of it sideways haha
    Very amusing
    Anyway I'm not going to clog up his thread with bickering about such a silly thing.

8. Mini_matt

Mini_matt Member

I feel somewhat responsible for starting this bitchfest, my bad

9. m11ler

m11ler Member

It's a perfectly reasonable bitchfest. This thread seems to have accidentally been started on Driftworks.

Here you go dude-
    Members Rides - MX5Nutz Forum

10. bear.

bear. Member

THIS.

You've built a "drift" car but never bothered to actually drift it !

If you saved the money you spent on parts that make it look good and spent it on a Trackday I guarantee you would be making the time and beg/steal/borrowing the money to get to the next drift day.

You also need to make sure you don't make it too nice to abuse. If you haven't drift before then you are definitely going to bin it at some point and you don't want to be holding back I fear of ruining the car.

I think next post needs to be welded diff for sure ;)

11. mint

mint touch my fruit

Yeah in all fairness, there is fun to building cars for drifting.. but building cars to tell other drifters than one day your gonna drift it you promise! Then continue to do super mega lifestyle mods and then mention upping your power with forced induction.

Its not just you, its MOST people who buy MX5's now.. Come on here, spend pages and pages showing us about XXR's, Rotas or Garage vary copy lips and a rattle paint job.. tell everyone how its going to be drifted really soon and it'll happen etc.. never use it and sell it.

However Aberdeen is worse for that than Driftworks...... The sheer amount of people who buy Drift cars here and dont drift them.. then sell them.. to fund BETTER drift cars.. THAT WILL NEVER AND HAVE NEVER been fucking drifted!

[​IMG]

This thread is a prime example, which I believe is why people are speaking out now. 3 pages, and from what I can see the only thing you have done to make it a drift car is add coilovers.. which were cheap ebay ones. (everyone has their own budget so im not knocking you on that, hell I ran racelands for months.. but it was drifted :p) No lock mods, no brake mods, no saftey mods, no nothing to actually make it a drift car. What you have here is just another typical lifestyler mx5.

Sorry to be a dick about it, but the truth has a habbit of walking forward.

My advice, stop spending time, and money on doing cosmetic stuff to this car. Use your time and money on seat time above all, or at least invest in some rack spacers, least that way it'll shut everyone up and we can get back to busy-ness.

P.s. Take this post as constructive and work on it if your bothered, if you dont care just fire over to mx5nutz, that places loves lifestyling hardparking drift looking cars........ ;P

p.p.s. We're all lifestylers to a certain degree :p I remember being told that every drifter is a lifestyle because you change your way of life to participate in the sport, Practice, money, free time. It becomes your life-style.

#51 mint, Apr 10, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
  12. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

If it helps, my daily driver is also my MX5 'drift car'.

It's 100% standard barring I run whatever rear wheels happen to have legal tread on them that particular day, but I bet it gets drifted more, and better, than this ever will.

13. stevros

stevros Member

So the guys building a car, in the project build section, that is relatively common in the drifting scene and your all be-littling his efforts jus because he hasnt drifted it yet!?! Ive built a few drift cars that admittedly havent been used competitively but more for dwyb days, I dont have a problem reading this at all! The attitude towards others on this forum is getting disgusting imo, the community will lessen if people keeping criticising newbies or people who havent become self proclaimed drift gods yet! Its a jap car build on a drifting forum that potentially will go drifting when complete! If you dont like what you see dont read the f@ckin thread,easy really! Get your heads out your own arses and try being a little more considerate or open minded towards others. Its not hard really cos atm its like listening to a bunch of school kid bullyish comments!! Rant over!

14. m11ler

m11ler Member

The community will lessen if the actual drifters criticise the lifestyler's for not drifting?
    I'd rather a forum full of people that are really in to the motorsport and can offer some proper advice, rather than a forum full of people buying mx5's so they can call them a drift car at McDonalds on a Friday night.

15. stevros

stevros Member

No, I mean if everyone who comes on here gets criticised for not having drifted yet! Said he will when hes happy with it, if he does or doesnt we will see but is it that big a problem really? Its a jap car on a drift forum I cant see a prob!?!

16. m11ler

m11ler Member

It's just a fact that when someone comes on here with a project thread and 3 pages in they're still tarting it up with fancy door cards and splitters, but CALLING it a drift car, it's bound to get on the toes of the guys who pour money, effort, blood and sweat in to getting a car sorted and getting as much seat time as they can. They're the people you want on here.

17. stevros

stevros Member

I see that and get ya point but give him chance to do it

18. mint

mint touch my fruit

Everyone's gotta start somewhere, Driftworks used to be alot more Savage when I started here.. this is nothing in comparison..

This, is only the truth.
    [​IMG]

Thing is, there is alot of people on here with alot of know how on what to do, willing to share information and tips etc when asked.. But people are put off, when they see.. 'ANOTHER mx5 DRIFT car, SOON to be TURBO'D!!!!' and its pages and pages of nothing but .. tat.

19. m11ler

m11ler Member

You never know, maybe our little moan will put the thought of 'fuck it, i'm gonna prove them wrong' and next week we'll see photos of him sitting on the doors of the big boys ;)

Everyone needs a bit of tough lovin'

20. stevros

stevros Member

Lol 130mph entries next ;-)