s14 Navan street car

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Daze, Nov 13, 2012.

1. -Marc-

-Marc- -JZX-

2. Nutter

Nutter Member

Cool build of a car that's well used!

Out of interest two things-

1) the oil return pipe from the turbo, any pics of it fitted up and measurement of the pipe? Need to solve oil leaks myself.

2) the front bumper side markers, come with your navan or get them imported? I'm looking for the bumper side markers and the front sidelights to be orange aswell.

Tom

3. Daze

Daze THROWDOWN

Thanks man ^_^

I don't have any pics of the return pipe fitted yet. However, pretty sure my car will be on a ramp on Friday. I'll be sure to get some pics!

The orange side markers come on all import s14's, Navan or not. US 240sx's get them too, but slightly different design. Just look for any JDM/Import side markers.

---

Luckily, I guess, there isn't much to update on at the moment! Must be a first in quite a while where I haven't got all that much going on with the car. This is a good thing though, its running great and I'm really enjoying driving it at the moment.

Went out late last week one evening for a blast, gave it a good wash & polish, its amazing fun to drive

[​IMG]

And also went out on the weekend. Ended up in a car park where I found quite a neat place to take a snap. Annoyingly only had my iPhone on me.

[​IMG]

Talking of photos, I'm soon to be meeting up with ProjectTouge.net for a photoshoot & feature article on my car. The guy running that website approached me on Facebook a few weeks ago and we'll be meeting up later this month. Excited for that, but also a few cosmetic tweaks I want to do before that happens. I'm going to have a go at improving the rear arches with a skim of filler. - not sure how that'll go, we'll see!

The only other news I have is that I bought a 2nd Bride seat a while ago, a Bride Pro (very similar to Bride Brix) which will be my passenger seat as of Friday. I have a driver's side Recaro rail which I'm getting modified to fit the passenger side & to suit the Bride seat. Along with Takata harnesses, that should look tidy once complete.

4. Bambi

Bambi New Member

oh damn i like that fitment you are rocking.

5. Waveydavey

Waveydavey Member

Oil return looks nice and posh, I had a look at those fittings too but then decided to just do this.

[​IMG]

cut down stock return pipe and elongate the fixing holes and just connect the two with some nice flexi oil hose.

6. Daze

Daze THROWDOWN

I think happily to say at the moment that there is not much going on with the car! Its nice to have a break from constantly working & maintaining it for sure, and I'm enjoying driving it at the moment.

Last week though, I met up with John from Project Touge who did a photoshoot & feature of my car. The photos he took came out really well, and I also took a few snaps of my own.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The full write up & feature can be found here, take a read - Project Touge | David ‘Daze’ Cooper S14 Navan

And a couple of my photos too

[​IMG]

As you can see, finally got my other Bride Brix & Takata harness installed in the passenger side. Much nicer than a stock seat!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Real happy with how the car drives & looks at the moment. Hoping to hit up another drift day at some point, but not sure when yet!

#546 Daze, Apr 8, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  7. Daze

Daze THROWDOWN

Oh, and totally forgot to include this photo in my post, but for those of you who were asking about the oil return pipe, here it is installed

[​IMG]

T28 to AN-10 plate
    AN-10 90* bend fitting
    AN-10 "push fit" hose

Block-end fitting is left untouched. I did buy an AN-10 converter for it, tried to remove the pipe on the block but it seemed really tight so didn't bother! I will be doing it on my redtop SR though.

8. kam

kam I've touched Chris Parry

Beauty, car is rockin!

9. Bryaaant

Bryaaant New Member

Hey Daze, what exhaust do you have on this beauty?

10. Daze

Daze THROWDOWN

Thanks Kam!

Hey. Apexi N1 dual with all the flanges cut off. And Apexi sports cat.

---

As a fairly last minute thing I decided to go to Lydden Hill on Saturday! Ended up being an amazing day, thrilled with how the car performed & how I got on with my driving in general, and best of all had a ton of fun!

Torrential rain on the way up made for an interesting drive, followed by continued rain while I was unpacking the car. The rain pressed on into the first 3-4 sessions (almost until lunchtime) which really sucked. Made the best of what I could though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I put myself into Inter-Pro group, but after 2 sessions I decided to go into Pro, as I felt a lot of guys were holding me up. It was almost every corner that either a yellow flag, and/or someone was spun or stopped which was really irritating. Pro group was much better suited I think, and it went smoothly.

During lunch I polished my car as the Sun came out. Got some funny comments & looks. What, so I can't have a clean looking car at a drift day? :)

[​IMG]

After lunch the track tried out and I got some decent runs down

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Even tried some backwards entries, and generally big angle entries into the Devils Elbow. Some of these worked, some didn't, but was fun trying!

[​IMG]

My favourite photo that I've seen so far!
    [​IMG]

BDC Semi-Pro driver, and mate of mine, Ryan Pothecary followed me for a couple laps in his 400bhp+ RB powered sil80

[​IMG]

As did fellow BDC driver Mike Trembath.

[​IMG]

Had a great day, and eventually run out of tyres with 1 more session to go. On a high note for the day I decided to pack up then, also with the fact I'd only had 2 hours sleep the night before!

Got home in decent time and grabbed some healthy snacks :) Pretty funny how low it is on the back, with all the weight of tools & wheels in the car!

[​IMG]

Oh, and a drift day post of mine wouldn't be complete with some incar videos right?

Here's a fairly decent run, in an attempt to follow BDC clipping points as best as I can.

And another short video with a successful slightly faster entry into Devils Elbow with no handbrake, but then spun it! Was trying to get some chucks down on the wheel for more aggressive transitions, but this one didn't work!

Too much fun, can't wait to go back! :)

11. mint

mint touch my fruit

GOD DAM! Those wheels......... This car.. Keeps on getting better.

12. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

That's how it should be done, so much cooler to watch and much more fun to do.

Close to getting it right there too, so would be easy with a couple more goes.

13. Struggle

Struggle Active Member

on your aggressive transfers just tap the brake slightly as it transitions. makes it easier to control.

car looks ideal. makes me want another.

14. Daze

Daze THROWDOWN

Haha, thank you dude :)

Yes sir! Thanks man. I only had about 3-4 decent proper dry runs when I look back at my footage. Need to go back again soon, hopefully with less rain!

Thanks dude, yeah will give it a go. Chapman also said to perhaps dip the clutch on transition which will also help, if I'm chucking aggressively. I'll give both a go when I'm next out :)

15. Aneel

Aneel Member

Car looks epic mate!, i haven't been on driftworkz long , but this car has caught my eye :-)

16. sgt_raffie

sgt_raffie Member

Spent half of the last night going through Your thread. Amazing car and a great write-up mate. You gave me the motivation to get my shit together and put my s-body on the road :D

17. Jay-1992

Jay-1992 New Member

Great videos! :D

18. Leno

Leno Member

Saw this at lydden, so pleased to see it was as nice in the flesh as it is in pictures!

19. bigdave z20

bigdave z20 Member

Lovley driving dude. Hopefully il get the confidence to steer like that someday.
    In love with those wheels, they are epic!!

20. Ped

Ped Member

Best 14!