Newby from southampton

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by Tommoore99, May 5, 2014.

1. Tommoore99

Tommoore99 Member

Hi my names Tom I'm from southampton

im 21 and always been intrested in drifting.

So this year I decided to give it a go and to be honest i haven't had much luck.

Bought myself a fairly standard s14a at the beginning of the year and after around 2-3 weeks it lost all compression in cylinder 3.

"Luckily" a friend of mine knew of an s14.5 for sale with rear end damage but with an engine that has had a rebuild around 8k ago

bought that and without ever having any experience swapping and engine or anything before another friend helped my take the at lump from that and drop it in the Undamaged shell. All seemed to be good.

Now ow after having it back on the road for 3 weeks and not even attending my first drift practice day yet there is a horrible nocking coming the engine and I have been told by a few different people that the bottom end bearings have gone

so it's back into the garage for a while and no real drifting done haha.

2. Jman

Jman Member

Heya Tom, welcome :) shame to hear about you're S14 issues... Hopefully you'll be out shredding tyres soon!!

3. Tommoore99

Tommoore99 Member

Cheers for the welcome Jman. And hopefully bud. Well that's the plan anyway :)

4. Jman

Jman Member

No worries :) I know the feeling of having a broken car sitting in the garage far too well....what power you aiming to get from the engine when it actually work? Haha

5. Tommoore99

Tommoore99 Member

Haha it sucks but I'm learning loads about it is a fix things so it has a plus side :) and at the moment just was planning on running a standard block with an inter cooler and exhuast system which I already have then save for a feul pump and better cooling then look into remaps too see where that gets me.

The long term plan is to save my pennies and rebuild my other sr engine with some advice from people on hear to get a few extra hp's out of it :)
    Like I said I'm new to most of this so would like to actually get some practice time at my local track and hopefully that will point me in the right direction! Or not as the case maybe haha

6. Domo

Domo Member

Hey dude! Get that bottom end sorted so we can go do some skids :)

7. Jay-1992

Jay-1992 New Member

Keep the faith & you will be back out there in no time!