What's the difference?

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by DionL, May 20, 2014.

1. DionL

DionL New Member

Hello, this is my first post on driftworks, im not sure if this has already been posted but what's the difference between a 180sx, 200sx and a 240sx? I have heard its just sold in different places and have different engines; ca18det etc. Is that all or is there more to it? Oh yeah, im not even old enough to drive yet or be close to aha so its not like im looking to buy anytime soon.

2. spaniel

spaniel bigballs small brain

This should be fun I can see the answers already. Use search or google, think about it again when you can drive or afford to insure one.

3. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

4. r3k1355

r3k1355 Well-Known Member

Pretty sure even Wikipedia can answer that question.

Fucking lazy-ass kids these days :rolleyes:

5. mint

mint touch my fruit

I was going to be a smart arse but I think its time to change my ways..

180sx = Japanese Import model. SR20DET, Early ones came with a CA18DET (I could be wrong on that..)
    200sx = UK / Europe model. This was the badge for the s13, s14 and s14a. 200sx s13 came with CA18DET, 200sx s14 came with SR20DET.
    240sx = American model. They had a K series engine i think.. KA24? I dont know much on the american version tbh..

6. DionL

DionL New Member

Thanks mint! That helped a lot!

7. DionL

DionL New Member

Why do you think you can get rude to a 13 year old kid? It was one question and it was for help, you ever needed help before even if it sounded stupid? Don't think you're all smart behind this screen when in person you most probably are some fat 30 year old, not sure about you but my parents taught me to ask an adult if I need help, I'm guessing theres not a lot of kids even interested in this stuff at my age, and if one needs help you should be decent enough to actually bloody help, either don't help or go away as your input was unnecessary and wasted my time, as for 'mint' thanks, YOU actually helped me understand it better

8. Bagpuss

Bagpuss Member

13 years old?! Five years before you can drive and you have no time to google the difference between types of S13. Kids must be mad busy these days.

9. LostKen

LostKen Member

I doubt how you really interest when there are loads of info about it on google and you can't be arsed to search before asking. When I was 13, I learn by research before asking. Nowadays child got awesome attitude :)

10. r3k1355

13 years old?!?!

[​IMG]

Go play with your lego kid.

11. r3k1355

Depending on the state you can get your learners from age 14.

They don't have to wait till 17 like we do.

12. DionL

DionL New Member

What if it wasn't clear enough on some websites, how you guys know I haven't checked, I asked on here because I was hoping you all would help, and I wasn't stating I wanted one to drive, I was just wanting to know the difference

13. DionL

DionL New Member

Come on then, bet if I was to ask in person you wouldn't be so rude, don't think you're all funny behind a screen but be some wimp in person

14. DionL

DionL New Member

I checked, it wasn't helpfully clear enough, so I came on here hoping you guys be nice and welcome a kid to the forum, obviously not..., it was a question, as far as I know that's what they're for(?) I'm pretty sure none of you lot go tell other people to 'GTFO' or ask Google so why do it to me.

15. DionL

DionL New Member

I'm from UK so I do have to wait until 17

16. Ollie

Ollie LOOSE!

Just don't go there.

No, the bigger boys shouldnt have been so dismissive of you. They're only wheeling out the same shitty put downs from the last time someone admitted to being young, they weren't that funny the first ten times either.
    Yes, its great you're keen and want to know more at such a young age.
    Yes, you could have found out all the information on the internet.
    No, its not really a problem you asked.

If you want to stick around here and not have the piss ripped out of you every time you post you need to learn when to just suck it up and stay quiet. Get the information you want, say thanks and don't rise to the bigger boys who are literally trying to get a rise out of you for kicks.

If you really want to get geeky about chassis codes theres loads more information out there, not only the differences between 180 / 200 / 240sx models but all of the S13 KPS13 RS13 RPS13 and so on. Just google S13 chassis codes and eat your heart out.

At the end of the day, those things matter very little. It will either be the shape you like with the engine you like or it will be something else.

17. DionL

DionL New Member

Thanks Ollie, that's helpful, my personal favorite is the 240sx, but I just didn't know much about them, and yeah you're right I shouldn't of been so rude myself

18. DionL

DionL New Member

Look guys I'm sorry,I shouldn't of retaliated like that, I was being a hypocrite telling you lot to stop being rude while being rude myself, I'm sorry, I hope we can put this behind us

19. mint

mint touch my fruit

My advice is, dont bite. I bite all the time and end up looking like a tube :p haha but such is the way of the interweb.

Anyway, You wont get the 240 as that was the American LHD model. Being in the UK your options are..

200sx s13 with a CA18DET.
    200sx s14 or the s14a with a SR20DET.
    180sx s13 with a SR20DET. (Japanese model, usually more expensive to buy and insure)

As said above though the 13 comes in a few models aswell.. It actually gets a little confusing when you consider ALL the facelifts and versions etc. :p

20. DionL

DionL New Member

Yeah it seems so, thanks Ollie, I'll keep this in mind for future ;)