E30 325 Turbo Track/Drift Car

Thread in 'Drift cars for sale' started by luckyrob, May 11, 2014.

1. luckyrob

luckyrob Member

E30 325 Turbo Track/Drift Car ***Back up for sale***

***I'm back from my internship oop north..................so now that I am here this is back up for sale again, any interest/offers***

BMW E30 325 Turbo Track Car £2750 (currently no tax or mot)

Engine

· M20b25 (the later version with lower CR)
    · High Tensile strength head bolts fitted – cost £65
    · Garrett T3 Turbo (Cosworth 4x4 ), Fully Rebuilt With 360 Bearing and .63 exhaust housing – cost £480
    · -31 actuator – cost £90
    · Megasquirt 2 ECU – cost £410 plus live mapping
    · Sachs 618 pressure plate – cost £215
    · T304 Stainless steel turbo manifold – cost £385
    · 440cc ‘Green Giant’ Bosch Injectors – cost £260
    · Custom Stainless Steel exhaust – cost £320
    · Toyosports Intercooler – cost £55
    · Silicone boost hoses – cost £110 approx
    · Customised sump with oil return fitment – cost £45
    · NGK BPR7ES Spark Plugs Gapped to 0.6
    · Vauxhall Vectra 2.5 Coil Pack

Body

· 1987 E30 Coupe in Bronze/Gold
    · Fully stripped out interior (sound deadening removed) with aluminium door cards to tidy it up a bit
    · Full OMP weld/bolt in Rollcage
    · 2 Sparco Bucket Seats
    · Sabelt Racing 4 point Harness’
    · OMP Steering wheel
    · Entire sunroof mechanism removed and replaced with sheet metal
    · Custom aluminium enlarged front brake cooling ducts
    · Bilstein shocks and springs all round
    · Rear RPM strut Brace – cost £80

Wheels

· BMW BBS 14” wheels with Toyo T1-R tyres all with good tread remaining

Optional Extras Available (if all are bought with the car add £1000)

· Fully adjustable Gaz GHA Coilovers with solid rear top mounts – cost £785
    · Japspeed Hydraulic handbrake with Girling master cylinder (as the standard one failed) – cost £185
    · 4x17” Alpina replicas (very worn tyres)
    · 4x16” XXR 527’s in Chrome Black (worn tyres but useable for track) cost - £440
    · 5x13” steel wheels (okay tyres)
    · BMW 3.64 LSD
    · Mazda RX-7 front calipers (I never got around to fitting them but the adapters can be bought here https://sites.google.com/site/e30brakesolutions/home/E30_RX7_CORRADO )
    · E30 power steering pump and reservoir (was planning on getting an E36 steering rack as it’s quicker)
    · Pair of rear lights
    · Pair of electric mirrors (in silver)
    · Heater Blower Motor
    · Pair of 325is side skirts (in silver)

Ok now you’ve read the specs if you’re still interested here is the story behind it all………
    To start with I bought a silver 1989 325is to learn to drift, do some sprint racing and trackdays with. But because it was also my daily I ended up getting carried away and bought the Gaz suspension, hydraulic handbrake, strut braces and XXR wheels to help it handle and look better. Then when I was more adept at sprinting and drifting I wanted more power and so carried out the turbo conversion. I didn’t want to make a dodgy unreliable conversion so paid the money to get good quality branded injectors, turbo and management as opposed to cheap/fake eBay parts. I done one awesome drift day at Snetterton with the new power and then had a small accident approx 2 weeks later L. The good news is that the turbo conversion performed brilliantly and survived a long day of thrashing around the track with only a single boost hose popping off due to a loose jubilee clip. The bad news was that the shell was ruined in the accident, but apart from some boost pipes, intercooler and front strut brace everything else survived in tact J. So I hunted for a while to find a good shell to transfer all of my parts to and eventually found one that was already track prepped! I scraped together the £2100 for it and slowly started fitting the engine, gearbox and management. Unfortunately due to a big change in my personal circumstances I then started University and have since struggled to find the time to finish the job. More importantly even when I do complete the car I no longer have the time or money to use it, so it seems only sensible to sell it as I still have 2 more years of Uni left where the car will be sat on my driveway not being used. It’s been awesome fun but it’s time for it to go……..

Thanks for looking

Rob 07811171872 (I’m a bit useless at answering so please leave a message and I’ll get back to you ASAP)

Here are the pics.....enjoy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And finally this is how the original car looked on the Gaz suspension and XXR wheels....
    [​IMG]

#1 luckyrob, May 11, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
  2. scottycsx

scottycsx Jdm tight yo!

Any picture of under the bonnet ?

3. eddie_r32

eddie_r32 Member

You compete in TSS with this? Number seems right for class x plus photo by Brian glwts

4. luckyrob

luckyrob Member

Yes I have been to a couple of TSS events before I turdo'ed it, awesome fun isn't it :)

Here's an under bonnet pic, the forum only let me upload 25 pics in the other post and this one accidentally got left out

[​IMG]

5. Tron

Tron Member

any chance you have the stadard E30 bbs and want to sell them ?

6. luckyrob

luckyrob Member

I think the black bbs wheels on the car are the standard ones, aren't they??? But I'm not open to selling anything separately until the car has sold. The buyer of the car gets first refusal on all of the 'extras' then anything left over will be re-advertised. I think this is fair because if I was buying the car I would want all of the extras.

#6 luckyrob, May 12, 2014
    Last edited: May 12, 2014
  7. luckyrob

luckyrob Member

Although it's a pet hate of mine when people quote random power figures out of the sky without actually having a rolling road print out I have had quite a few questions about the power output so feel I should give an estimate.

Basically I haven't put it on a rolling road, I had it 'live mapped'. According to internet folklore all of the parts fitted and engine should be capable of 350bhp at a little over 1 bar of boost. However I wanted the car to be reliable so had it conservatively mapped, so my best guess is around 300ish bhp. Also I did used to own an E46 M3 and this certainly doesn't feel slow compared to that, although it does have a very different power delivery as it is turbo.

I hope this helps

#7 luckyrob, May 17, 2014
    Last edited: May 17, 2014
  8. luckyrob

luckyrob Member

Bank Holiday BUMP

9. luckyrob

luckyrob Member

Ok so it turns out I got the summer internship I've applied for which means I'll be moving 250 miles away at the end of the month.

It would be quite useful (but not essential) if this is gone by then........any offers?

10. luckyrob

luckyrob Member

***I'm back from my internship oop north..................so now that I am here this is back up for sale again, any interest/offers***

11. Michael7s

Michael7s Member

a bit of update since it changed owners ;)
    [​IMG]