your feedback on garage d

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by e36_turbo, Jun 2, 2014.

1. e36_turbo

e36_turbo Member

Hi Guys,

I have heard some negative feedbacks on garage D and how they rip you off etc .

I was there the other day and they didn't seem like a bad people.

I am thinking of doing an engine swap and could consider them.

Has anyone got an experience of dealing with them ?

thanks

2. dustyjake

dustyjake Member

In my experience they were really helpful guys. I haven't had many dealings but they were pretty good

3. initial_j

initial_j Made guy

Probably the best drift garage in Europe. Never heard a bad word said against them and know hundreds of happy customers

4. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Never heard a bad word TBH and always been spot on when I've bought stuff from em.

5. RyanH

RyanH Lacks skills

Seem really good but extremely busy - they've had my car for ages and its getting a bit annoying now.

6. Ollie

Ollie LOOSE!

Always super busy. Always.
    Always super knowledgeable.
    Loads of parts, they will almost certainly have it, somewhere.
    Never the cheapest, but not necessarily overpriced.
    Never just show up, always call.
    Quality of work always seems good.
    'Friendly' in a sense, if you're known to them, if you're regular etc. Otherwise professional - bare in mind I guess they get a lot of dreamers and time wasters.

7. jon1200

jon1200 Active Member

i got my r32 shell off Garage D. great people and easy to deal with. never had any work done though.

8. smokeygsi

smokeygsi Member

I have dealt with Garage D a few times now. Always spot on, and always willing to help me out of the shit. They always are really busy and as said above its best to ring first rather than just showing up.

9. NikH

NikH Member

Never had any problem with them, Always been a good polite service and always at the end of the phone if you have a problem

10. Mini_the_Minx

Mini_the_Minx Member

I've heard plenty of good things but i bought a fuel pump from them which turned out to be from a totally different car with a lower flow rate. Mentioned it to Julian who said he'd look into it and then never got a reply.

11. MaccyD

MaccyD Active Member

My experience was pretty shocking, but i knew id just get cut down and abused if i said anything so didnt bother.

12. e36_turbo

e36_turbo Member

What went wrong ?

13. -sideslide-

-sideslide- "ent it"

I didn't even know they was still going.

14. Matts Turbo'd

Matts Turbo'd Member

im trying to get an apprentice or even some part time work with them and whenever i call always get someone nice and helpful on the phone however trying to get an apprenticeship or job is proving pretty hard to get a response from but always seem nice enough hopefully ill get something back from them soon

15. waseem

waseem Member

Very busy, as said before make an appointment seemed grumpy when I turned up and didnt seem like they wanted my work so when elsewhere

16. scotiasx

scotiasx Active Member

only bought stuff from them before , fair price, knew what they were talking about and got the parts to me in good time

remember boys and girls, if you want a good engineer find a busy one

17. initial_j

initial_j Made guy

To be fair i dont think you can give bad feedback for them being too busy to make bullshit chit chat.

I own a very small workshop and sell the odd part and im not that busy, but as un busy as i am when im trying to get work done and someone comes in to pick something up, i really dont want to sit there and listen to there bullshit waffle for an hour about how they used to have a ten thousand bhp skyline.

Problem with drifting and drifters in general is for every ten, nine of them are complete dreamers with fuck all money who want the moon on the stick for free. If you run a garage of any sorts you very quickly realise that. Its probably been a case of theyre flat out busy and just do not have time for people dropping by like a social club.

Ive been up there plenty of times, called in advance and Julian and the guys have always been nothing but helpful, reasonably priced and social.

18. MaccyD

MaccyD Active Member

It wasnt bullshit chit chat that pissed me off, i was also sold a non running engine (it was sold falsely as running) with a completely effed half botched loom from a different engine conversion (they also didnt tell me this). So i drive 2 hours home and over the next week get to grips with what ive got to find ive been sold a load of shit. I told them about the loom and i had to go and collect another!!! I told them when id be round to collect it but find that after a 2 hour drive i had to also wait for an entire loom to be removed from a car as they hadnt bothered to get it ready. After i got the engine in the car it didnt work and they just blamed it on me (even though they knew it was a non runner but only told me at this point!). Came across to me as a bunch of cowboys who didnt give a shit about their customers (not me at least even though this isnt a coilpack or a bumper, it was 1.5k+ worth of 1JZ conversion parts) and ride off the back of a load of bummers who wont hear a bad word said about them which is why i never said anything on here as i knew id get shot down and abused, as im probably about to....

#18 MaccyD, Jun 3, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
  19. ringer

ringer HOOooo!

Two sides to every story of course. I'm sure he wouldn't have tried to rip anyone off, ever.

Julian and GarageD have built up a very very good rep, but he admits it himself they are in mental demand for work and parts and stretched to capacity. Crucially however, they don't rush jobs. It's a case of do it right or not at all. That's my experience with them. I'd take my GT3 to them, I trust them that much.

20. e36_turbo

e36_turbo Member

One thing I can add was , they seemed like good people and very professional however two issues as below :

when asked for receipt was told it is not possible as they have done a deal for me and haven't charged me VAT . £50 for a weld is not a deal to be honest and would have expected a receipt. Although he did say they know me and I could take it back if any issues.

2nd point was, I called 3 days before asking if i was to bring it on friday and wait would it get it back same day . it was confirmed yes and did again call in the morning to double check this and was told it is ok . when turned up was asked to leave it and come back for it the next day.
    no biggy but had to travel 50 miles twice which wasn't very happy about .