Minty.Fresh Franken'14

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Jites, Sep 15, 2011.

1. mint

mint touch my fruit

[​IMG]

I believe mapping did not go to plan.. :S

2. Jites

Jites Active Member

no, it did not.

The problem was the actual car ECU, the chip is fine but the ecu jumper that allows the chip to be read fried itself so it can only ever run stock map. New ecu sorted, just waiting now. Its cursed... seriously, every time I try to get it mapped there is an issue. If it were safe on a bar boost and a chip id leave it but the cams and throttle body are throwing out the AFR's a bit so high boost isn't an option.

Good news, its safe enough to drift but only just on low boost, o.7 bar so I can skid this weekend.

Oh and those wheels do look good huh? Need some decent tyres and they are going on! roll on next pay...

3. Jizzle

Jizzle Member

:( sorry to hear that it didnt work out again mate, dnt let it get to ya though! im waiting for mine to be mapped too, taking too long, good things come to those who wait ;)

4. silverzx

silverzx Member

That's some decent paint skills you have.

5. Struggle

Struggle Active Member

looks real nice man!!!! just needs a good load of battle scars now. :D

btw is mints supposed to be a different colour kit to the car?

6. bigniks

bigniks Member

Same colour was a different primer used on mint's aero compared to the body man

7. Jites

Jites Active Member

thanks dude! taking for skids Sunday so most likely it'll get smashed to fuck. Cant wait!

not heard from you in ages man, glad to see you were enjoying your holiday. making me jealous you CCAANNNNTTTT!!!!

As mentioned, different brands of grey primer made the difference. They will be painted soon though to match the body

8. Jites

Jites Active Member

I did all the prep but I paid a mate to paint the car because I wanted it to look presentable. Still needs cut and polished though, looks good in pics but its not shiny like it should be in person

9. Struggle

Struggle Active Member

good shit man. i really wish i lived close to driftland. 5 hours drive each way is nightmare :(

yeh it may be a while until you see me again. sorta dithering in life atm. holidays away are good but don't quite hit the spot. when you going? i'll come join you aha.

ohhhhh i see. i assumed it was a look mint went for. only questioned it because yours is different.

get some good close skidding going on for me mate!!!

10. Jites

Jites Active Member

going to crail to ease myself back in, plus mega skinto and its £15 for a whole day! shite surface but its fun linking the track

really? bah. not cool dude... :no: had a blast on the weekender last year. Ive got the 4th till the 14th july off and planning to go over after final boss, get apartment and shit, live like a boss. more than welcome

haha, well tbh we were shocked that there was so much difference with different primers even though they were all grey. the paint is also piss thin, meant to be cadburys purple but its totally cadburys pink haa!

11. Struggle

Struggle Active Member

Ah that will be why then. I bet if you paint it over silver its bright!

12. Jites

Jites Active Member

Went and did some night time driving, Minty Fresh | noOneFresher!

Photophucket is being gamy so no pics for a bit

Did some skids at crail the next day. was awesome, car is working well but my exhaust is scrapping everything and broken at least 1 turbo stud which is a pain in the ass. 2 way with 4.1 ratio is badass for drifting, much more compliant on the road over a welder and feels less snappy on transitions.

I now work for a fabrication company and there are some seriously good welder fabricators here so a twin 2.5" turbo back exhaust is on the cards once my exams finish. Plan to fit it with some of these titanium badboys TITANIUM Kawasaki studs/ Ti flange nuts. 34mm long stud. (Grade 5) 4gm! | eBay once I find them in the same spec as the oem type which are 38mm long and offset shank in an effort to improve reliability

This weekend though Ill have to get my wings fitted, weather and time was against me before the shoot and I still need 17" tyres to fit the other wheels

13. kenta

kenta Member

fresh of news Freemason ?

14. Jites

Jites Active Member

So once the weather finally cleared I stuck on the roof and boot wing

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then I hung out with Pete the Russian spy
    [​IMG]

then went to a quiet place to lifestyle
    [​IMG]

Got the keys to my new house which has mega drive way and decent sized single garage. Cant stress how much this will improve my life!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Front garden with even more car working space. This will be filled with broken datsuns and toyotas shortly...

[​IMG]

Someone tagged me on these pics from my drift day in april. Was pissing it down all day and i rocked up well late and only had time for a couple of sessions but it was quiet and didnt even bother swapping wheels
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then lifstyled some more
    [​IMG]

15. Pete_the_Russian

When are we lifestyling next?

16. Richhudson

Richhudson Member

What wing is that?

17. RC3010

RC3010 Member

perfection

18. kenta

kenta Member

Wonderful boy , it's really good job

19. mint

mint touch my fruit

Mr D said Friday 27th.

20. Jites

Jites Active Member

Done.

Maybe I will lifestyle this weekend as well...