1999 bmw e46 328 vgc

Thread in 'Drift cars for sale' started by edk83, Aug 17, 2012.

1. edk83

edk83 Member

1999 bmw e46 328 tax and test £800

V reg 1999 E46 328 - 2.8 Straight 6 - I have had this about 3 years and it's never let me down, it had 116k on it so has done under 10k in 3 years.

Mot until 30th Jan 2015 - tax until September 2014.

I have just taken my private number plate off and the V5 with original reg has arrived so it is ready to go.

125k on the clock which is pretty low for the year. It runs smooth and smoke free. It's just had a fair bit of money spent on new brakes, discs and pads, handbrake shoes as well.

New oil and filter same time as brakes 500 miles ago.

The interior is black cloth and in good condition so no worn leather bolsters etc. All the electric windows, mirrors work as they should, the Ac is working and the factory tool kit, first aid kit and torch is all there.

Mods wise I have fitted all clear indicators including the rear. Also a much nicer small ally gear shifter, halo front side lights and a cone filter. The bodywork is dent free, paintwork is not bad all round other than the usual age related imperfections. The rear arches are showing some rust and some small bubbles on one of the front arches.

Good bits:
    Original car - low mileage
    Tax and tested
    2 keys both working
    Recent Spax rear dampeners
    Recently serviced and new brakes all round
    It has some 17" Alpine reps fitted.
    Uprated air filter and angel eyes kit
    Sony mp3 headunit which works well.

Bad bits:
    Rear arches showing some rust
    New brake pads are a little squeaky at low speed for some reason :p
    Front nearside tyre is legal but will want changing soonish, other 3 are fine
    Front passenger door hinge dampener doesn't work so it can swing, opens shuts works fine though.
    Srs airbag light comes on sometimes and is on at the moment (wiring to steering wheel maybe)
    Upper cam pos sensor sometimes throws an error but restarting the car usually clears it. I was going to swap it out but it's been like this since I bought the car and it only very intermittent, easy job to change though, 15min video walkthrough available on youtube.

£800 is fair I think in it's current condition so any offers will need to be close to that, more pics to follow tomorrow.

Cash on collection

#1 edk83, Aug 17, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
  2. edk83

edk83 Member

Also has a sony mp3 headunit!

3. edk83

edk83 Member

Now includes 6 months tax!

4. edk83

edk83 Member

Bump haha its back up for sale!

Mot till Feb 2015
    Tax till September

Just had new disks all round, pads and handbrake shoes cost £300
    Also been serviced again

125k on the clock now so it only did 5k in 2 years

Waiting for the v5 to come back after taking my plate off

£850 ono

5. Seaside matt

Seaside matt New Member

I know it's not going to be good but what's it like on juice fella? Any idea how long v5 will be

6. edk83

edk83 Member

Its not bad my current average shows 30.3 mpg and average speed is only 28mph so mostly around town. Easy 35 on motorway at 80mph. Engine is great very smooth and low milage. Interior is really good.

Only thing letting it down a bit is rear arches but they arnt that bad.

Its got the ebay Angel eye kit on :)

V5 probably be 3 weeks as just posted the v317 form to retain my reg.

7. edk83

edk83 Member

8. tr!x

tr!x Member

Don't suppose you can throw up a full set of pictures. Highlight any rust or damage could you

9. edk83

edk83 Member

Yeah will do. It's going to be a few weeks till the documents come back but I was hoping to stir some interest, car is priced to sell with reasonable length mot.

I will take some pics of the rear arches, the rest of the car is pretty good for it's age. Few light scratches here and there where its been walked past etc, nothing deep or bad looking. Interior is pretty good, seats are black cloth so no worn bolsters etc.

All the power windows, central locking etc all works fine, air con nice and cold. All lights work, inc fogs last time I tried them.

Bmw first aid kit, torch, warning triangle all there as from factory.

The only faults that I know of other than the rusty arches are these: The air bag light has been coming on recently but goes off again usually when reset - connection to steering wheel I think. The passenger front door check strap doesn't hold the door open, so it swings rather than being dampened but the door works and locks all fine.

It's just had all new brakes as the handbrake was very poor, they are a bit squeeky now sometimes at low speed but handbrake much better and all brand new.

Not much else wrong with it :) Cheap, comfy 200hpish - Will drift, even better if you welded the diff! low milage 328 engine would make a good project too

10. Faniel321

Faniel321 Member

Interested in this wouldnt be interested on a deal on my F7R powered Volvo 340 ?

11. edk83

edk83 Member

Cool looking Volvo, my reason for sale is that I have already bought another car though.

This: lol

[​IMG]

Rear arches as of this morning, all other bodywork is all round good.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. edk83

edk83 Member

13. edk83

edk83 Member

Just got the v5 back with the proper V reg. Tax disc and mot cert still on the way but wont be long. Odd as I thought the v5 should be last to arrive.

Oh well. Reasonable offers considered.

14. edk83

edk83 Member

All docs back! Car is now available

15. edk83

edk83 Member

Price drop £800 ono