Southwall Smokers, Lydden Hill 19th July 2014

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by lezbrucelee, Jun 24, 2014.

1. kranked

kranked New Member

agreed but still think his mate in skyline should have been banned to as no consideration for others and spinning out even on straights , i nearly took the the s14 out on the grid bend as sat there doing doughnuts but i decided to stop instaed of drive through smoke
    gutted for your m3 mate was so clean and its not so bad if you do the damage yourself but when its because of some total arse that sucks

2. Doobs Scoob

Doobs Scoob New Member

Yeah, his mate in the Skyline was almost as bad, stopping on the straight so your mate can do donuts isn't really a good idea!

M3 will be repaired, hopefully its just broken an engine mount and it fouling the gear linkage, but until I get it up the air I'm not sure. Worst case is it gets stripped for parts and I'll get something not so clean!

I would have been less pissed off it had been my fault, but when its down to a dick messing around its a little hard to take. Was nice to get a lot of support for everyone there though which helped take my mind off it.

3. mc_bob

mc_bob Active Member

Pics of the cars so we know if the retards are at other events?

4. initial_j

initial_j Made guy

make drifting public knowledge and accessable to everyone they said, itll be fun they said..

5. LiamE36

LiamE36 Active Member

No way around it though.

If random people can't go to skid at a track then they will stick to streeto which will only bring an even worse reputation to the "drifting" scene.

6. Glenbmx

Glenbmx Member

Had a good day bar the ongoing pikey wars and people in wrong groups. Even with the delay over lunch it seemed Lydden were trying to get us as much seat time as possible :)

7. stevecrc

stevecrc Member

Just a big thank you to Lydden hill for another great day :)

First time I have drifted it in 12 months and think they have really sorted out people ignoring flags and generally being twats which really made the day a lot smother, was good to see people being black flagged and spoken to about there driving, Hell even I had a speaking to about a naughty dirt drop haha.

One thing I was pretty disappointed with was how much rubbish and scrap tyres was left at the end of the day! We was the last to leave due to waiting for recovery and the pits was left in a shit state with at least 6-8 scrap tyres left and rubbish everywhere. Is it really that hard to walk round your airier and put your rubbish in the bin! we are lucky to have such a good track at our disposal so try respecting it! as for leaving tyres behind well that's just stupid when you can just pay the tyre man to take them of take them home and dispose of them down the tip for free...

The guy in the white skyline who was with the orange 14 will apparently being banned due to a nice little doughnut in the pits at the end of the day.

#47 stevecrc, Jul 20, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
  8. Nodpro

Nodpro New Member

was a nice day!!!

9. kranked

kranked New Member

well said stevecrc and good to here about the skyline driver both complete knob heads

10. kranked

kranked New Member

huge well done to staff at LYDDEN HILL they did there best with the drivers hell even i got a little talk lol shame to see people going hell for leather after cheqered flag out and either crashing or gravel pitting and making everyone else wait but very enjoyable day overall :)

11. Auto-Retro

Auto-Retro Member

Had another great day yesterday, really cant get enough of lydden. I think they did a great job at getting all the sessions in after the accident, was sure we were going to lose at least one. Have to agree about the rubbish and tyres, we walked through our surrounding area and picked up a hell of a lot of rubbish, i dont really get it, there are so many bins about. how hard can it be to pick up your own mess.
    [​IMG]

12. LuneTNS

LuneTNS New Member

My second time drifting at Lydden but my 5th or 6th as a spectator.

I echo the precious comments about the moron in the orange S14. I was stunned he only got a one session ban because he was in my group and I didn't want to be out on track with him if he was going to show such obvious disregard for the rules and for other drivers. Sad that he was given the chance to act up again later in the day before any serious ban was put in place, but I appreciate that the event organisers have a difficult enough job and are making judgement calls all day long.

Another minor gripe of mine was that in the novice category there were people way too good! I want to make use of the whole track, try and get the feel for the car, after all, it's a practice day and a "novice" group right, not the BDC. But I had people up my arse from the outset, zig zagging right behind me like they're Ken Block. Great to watch in the rear view mirror and all that but bro, either a) go around me or b) move up a couple of groups?? I felt like I was being pushed around the track until the devils elbow bit every time. It's hard to get the confidence to take risks on every corner when someone is tailgating you and is obviously way too good for the novice group.

Those issues aside, it was a very good day, the organisers have a very tough job and try to be as fair and firm as possible, I made a bunch of new friends, and I'll definitely be back again this summer for more.

13. Paterson

Paterson New Member

standard lydden for me my driving improved enjoyed the day overall . my only grumble is them letting the rx8 out on track to only blow up a minute into the session evenwhen someone with no mechanical knowledge said it was about to shit itself before the session. most of the rubbish seemed to end up poked in my spare wheels which not best pleased about as i ended up having to put it in the bin because of some lazy halfwitt

14. Carlito

Carlito New Member

Great day overall..thanks to the organisers for all your hard work and goiing the xtra mile to let the last few sessions run on after the rain etc. Me and my mates all made good progress and are itching to get back for some more action. I suppose it all comes down to respect for your fellow drifters on track when you have any form of incident..I went off a few times and always made sure to watch the marshall who would signal me back on track when it was safe to do so or just kept a good eye out for traffic and carefully came back on without any doughnuts at all so it is possible!!...feel for the chap who ploughed into that cloud of smoke through no fault of his own..would have been gutted if it was me.

Does anyone know where I can see photo's of the day apart from those on the facebook page..surely there must be more as they were snapping away all day!

15. Auto-Retro

Auto-Retro Member

i only know places on facebook, but look for Maximum D photography and Skid Marks photography there are quite a few there

16. Robb F

Robb F Member

Also Christian Smith Photography and Helen Bowler Photography, Grant Miller from Rainbow Alliance often has some but not a lot from this Saturday :)

17. Do A Skid

Do A Skid Member

My apologies for holding up inter/pro about 205 times. (Matte purple 14A).

Never been the culprit of landing in the kitty litter and ruining sessions but trying a bunch of new stuff meant I kept fucking up. I got my comeuppance when I piled it into the tires on the first lap after the main accident though!

18. Auto-Retro

Auto-Retro Member

[​IMG]

yh, your car did go home a mess dude

#58 Auto-Retro, Jul 22, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
  19. jacksheps

jacksheps Member

I had a great day!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]