VW Passat Sport Estate - 1.8T **FRESH MOT TODAY and 6 months Tax!!**

Thread in 'Misc for sale' started by BigJames, Apr 4, 2014.

1. BigJames

BigJames A.K.A Jay

Fresh MOT added today, 6 months tax on it as of 1st April!

just had new downpipe fitted, with fresh NEW rear tyres and wiper blades for MOT. I had a new steering rack fitted a couple of months ago too. It's a perfect, reliable daily that I use every day but I'm bored of it and want another E36/46 (ideally touring) so this must go. I'll keep it if I need to, quite happily.

I bought this car last January because I needed something to move my company stock around the country and within Europe which it's done perfectly but now that we have a new base, I need something more fun in my life!
    It's a 2001 sport model (lowered from factory with better seats etc) with the 1.8T petrol engine which is surprisingly economical if driven right - sit at the right speeds in the right gears and it'll easily see 40+mpg.

It's done just over 123,xxx miles but this will continue to rise until sold since it's my only car.
    Has MOT till April 2015 and Tax till the end of September 2014.

It has all the usual stuff, with automatic climate control, electric windows f+r, electric mirrors and a 6 disc changer in the boot. I'm sure there's more too... but I can't remember right now.

This car has done me very proud and has given me no problems at all aside from needing a new lower arm for the last MOT. I've done 23k miles in this, and it's been perfect and one of the cheapest cars I have ever owned in terms of repairs/servicing per mile etc. I drove this car to Holland for an event in June and came back fully loaded with 4 adults, with stock and it lapped it all up! The boot is huge, and when the seats are folded flat you can get loads in!

The windscreen has a couple of chips, but again they were noted on the past few MOTs and I don't notice them at all any more so haven't bothered getting the screen replaced on my insurance. It just passed a fully legit MOT with no problems and they haven't got worse. Worst one is on the passenger side.
    It has a small scuff on the front offside wing where a previous owner must have caught something when parking. This hasn't bothered me.
    It suffered from blocked scuttle drain holes but I've sorted this so no more alarm issues (they ALL do this at some point!).
    One of the side skirt trim pieces fell off on the motorway a few months ago, and I haven't had time to find a replacement due to work but it should be an easy enough fix if it bothered you.

In essence if you want a car that you can throw spares/bike/tyres etc in, and drive all day without issues then this is a car for you - if you want something that is cosmetically mint, then look elsewhere.

I'm after £1400 which considering what they go for with more miles I think is fair. The car is here in Northampton and viewing is very welcome.

I'll get more photos up a little later when I've had a chance to wash the car, but for now here's a photo of it filthy :D

[​IMG]

***NEW PHOTOS***
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You can PM me or email jsl[dot]simpson(at)gmail.com if you would like any information or to arrange a viewing.

2. BigJames

BigJames A.K.A Jay

I forgot to mention I also had new rear discs and pads fitted last month. :)

3. hug - lo

hug - lo Active Member

OM'd you bud.

Edit: or as the kids say, 'PM'd you'

#3 hug - lo, Apr 10, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
  4. BigJames

BigJames A.K.A Jay

Price now £1200, had more stuff fixed on it. Runs fine, has a very light oil leak and a cracked tail light lens. 128500ish miles and still used daily

5. PeddyP

PeddyP Member

Is it 4wd it just fwd?

6. cefiro_drifta

cefiro_drifta Mad pointing Munky

Chunk was after a passat but don't know I he wanted tdi or not.

7. BigJames

BigJames A.K.A Jay