Garage LSD: Project Ressurection

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Dunkz, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Dunkz

Dunkz Garage LSD

Cheers wullie, hopefully with some boost it'll be even better.

Cheers dude, biggest issue is thinking of other stuff we can make.

Not sure where you SR hating comes from, apart from the fact it sounds shit and the valve train is suspect theres a reason why its probably one of the most engines in drifting. You got a JZ available have you?

Good thanks dude. Just been mega busy, either work or NDC, not had time for anything else.

I'll swap you a pair of my 17s for a pair of your 18's

The wastegate was done real last minute. The divider was only ported out about 3/4's of it length due to lack of the right tool. Its enough not to let the boost creep though fortunately but it gives the horrendous 2 cylinder sound. It's the first task to be re-visited.

eeeeba tracking is definately the way to go, doesnt work if several people get involved though as everyone has an opinion.

Cheers dude. I'll make it look pretty again then maybe we'll sort something. The car was rushed to be finished in time for the first round of NDC so there's loads of bits that need re-visted that I never got to do properly which hopefully I'll be able to get done now through the winter.

2. Dunkz

Dunkz Garage LSD

I also bought myself a jumanji car to save wrecking the JD. Looking forward to some smashy crashy trains.

[​IMG]

3. kevinLee

kevinLee Member

hang on so the car you drive now is the john deere? i thought that was gone or something as you were building that years ago!! you had a two tone since then too?

4. r30jew

r30jew Member

This thread has been a massive source of inspiration for me, im about to start my own ground up project and was having douts, but after reading this im well up for it now.
    great work mate

5. Dunkz

Dunkz Garage LSD

The John Deere never went anyway, but after sitting in a corner due to other commitments I decided that to come back the same was pointless.

I like to think it evolved with the times. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I sold the two tone last week to a friend as I just dont have the time for more than 1 serious build anymore. We've already made a good start giving it an well deserved refresh, it'll be back very soon looking awesome. :)

[​IMG]

6. kevinLee

kevinLee Member

yes for sure, i prefer the way it looks now mate.

and good to hear the two tone is getting done too, look forward to seeing that

7. Dunkz

Dunkz Garage LSD

Been a long time since anything has been done to this. I took a new job and have been working in London since last year so the car gets ignored but I've been having a major urge to build stuff recently. I've got 2 weeks off work just now and my intention was to go full steam ahead with the build but I did my back in the first day off so its not been looked at. Was feeling a bit better yesterday so decided to get a start.

I've actually had all the parts for this build for several years now so its nice to finally do something with them. My full SR setup will be going up for sale at some point including 740s, 2871, z32 maf, nistune etc etc.

Anyway, I couldnt be bothered taking photos so thought I would try something else.

8. monder

monder Member

awesome build

9. Ross.

Ross. Active Member

your techno-spannering skills are intense, dunkz. good to see you back mate!

10. Dunkz

Dunkz Garage LSD

Cheers guys, not quite back yet. Gonna be in London still till the end of the year so it'll take a while for things to kick off properly. Can't see much happening properly till next year really.

11. VaPo

VaPo Member

luck in the projects

12. Clubber

Clubber New Member

Woah, that was a decent read... Well worth it though, what a jaw dropper build!!