My Maverick strada DC evo

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by R3dd3v1l, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Ashley

Ashley Young'n

Looks good. Tbh I wouldn't bother with a splitter or diffuser love the look as it is.

2. R3dd3v1l

R3dd3v1l Member

thanks mate appriciate it, but iv got a few ideas on what i would like to do to it :) if it looks jank i can always take it off hahaha,

insperation.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Skubi

Skubi New Member

awesome fitment, everything looks great!

4. R3dd3v1l

R3dd3v1l Member

cheers pal, working on my oil cooler now, so hopefully should get it fitted today as well :)

5. Silver2

Silver2 Member

Yeh exactly cheep and cheerful, ive got two mavericks and a nitro, cheap parts too. Its all about having fun, and modifying I enjoy yhe modding with rc cars and real cars ofcourse lol.

Yours is looking nice, love the Rocket Bunny kit etc

On the topic of ballast, I remember using lead wheels weights on the front of mine when it was 4wd and def helped, was also good for both drifting and racing.

look forward to seeing the new parts, especially re castor

6. R3dd3v1l

R3dd3v1l Member

mini update,

im leaving the running gear where it is, im going to make a chassis from scratch to make it front motor :) just wanna keep things simple on the maverick to shock people even more when im drifting circles around them in my budget drifter hahaha, cant wait to do these suspension mods, as i can get it to drift ok now with out them, just no consistancy at the moment.

Few teaser pics to follow. :)

7. burgerboy78

burgerboy78 SCHWING

Ive just bought one of these. Im into Rc rock crawling and this is my first drift car so im used to big sticky tyres! The white grids could you post me a link on where to get them? or do the cheapy ebay ones with tyres do the trick? and is that the Tamiya GT86?

Was going to go for the Pandora jzx shell and hope it fits!

8. R3dd3v1l

R3dd3v1l Member

9. R3dd3v1l

R3dd3v1l Member

all my parts have finally turned up :)

got my gyro a few weeks back, but i think i prefer the car without it....unless iv got it set up wrong? may need some more testing and tinkering.

My suspension components turned up yesterday, so when i get some free time i will be modifying the car and the components so i can acheive even more lock and adjustable castor. got some anti roll bars to fit as well :)

once all that is done, i may start thinking about making custom tyres ;)

10. clngai

clngai Member

Great Stuff!

11. Onzatrip

Onzatrip Member

Looks amazing dude, have you got any better pics and how to make the better steering arms? Need them on mine

12. R3dd3v1l

R3dd3v1l Member

Cheers man, plenty more to come :) no pics on how to make them, only got pics of the finished product. there bits of scrap aluminium i found at work and just made random ones and tested them out to see which works best.

13. R3dd3v1l

R3dd3v1l Member

mini update:

Due to work, family and personal commitments, this build hasnt been haulted but will be very slow now for the rest of the year. its not far off ready as there are still a few bits i need to modify before and finally put it back together and get testing, with and without the gyro.

Im happy with the weight distribution for now, pretty much happy with the tyre set up, suspension is about 80% main focus is on front geometery.

Castor mods and even more steering angle :) but part of the chassis needs to be cut away which i really didnt want to do due to strength concerns, but oh well strengthening brackets wont hurt :)

odd jobs will be transfering my old lights onto the new shell, and to fit my converted car 501 leds into my shell.

14. Burk76

Burk76 New Member

Hi all? I've just brought a maverick and my son got an fix banzai which is more or less the same and I've got to say great car and great car and I'm loving your upgrades gonna do the same to mine

15. doninphi

doninphi Member

MENTAL lock! Mega work here. Props.

16. 99DriftR

99DriftR New Member

How do I make the steering arms I've been having a problem making them I've tried multiple times it would be great if someone had a template or something like that and great build btw.

#36 99DriftR, Sep 14, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
  17. R3dd3v1l

R3dd3v1l Member

Sorry for the late replies,, the car has been boxed for nearly two years now but not forgotten. The lock arms I made from scratch no template sorry, just made them from scrap ally and made them to suit the offset of my wheels so I could get maximum lock without hitting the chassis or body

18. Rooboi93

Rooboi93 New Member

Hey guys I've just bought a maverick strada dc drift brushless and I feel it needs more steering angle/lock can you point me in the right direction to go?

19. Finley maple

Finley maple New Member

I have had a maverick strada dc for over a year now and done nothing to it but soon getting an evo x body, love the way you've made it have more angle and iam going to copy that design for my maverick.