V8 S14 Navan

Thread in 'Drift cars for sale' started by turbopaul, Aug 31, 2014.

1. turbopaul

turbopaul Active Member

Hi guys, I’m putting this up for sale as I have seen something which I would like. If the other car sells I will be keeping this and I will not be upset about that. The ONLY reason I am considering a different car is because I have a 6 month old and the other car is more practical, however, I am happy to shoehorn him in to this and he does love the V8!

Some of you probably remember it being for sale not so long ago on here. MaccyD on here is the previous owner and can take all the credit for creating it. I have copied bits from that original advert.

To the details:-

It is a 1994 S14 Silvia import.
    73,952 miles on the chassis which is immaculate. No rust at all!
    All seams under the rear end have been waxoyld.
    Refurbed rear subframe.
    Tax – 31/12/14
    MOT – 01/07/15.

Adjustable rear toe, caster and camber arms
    Part Shop Max steering arms, built in 7mm spacer to give more lock
    BC Racing Coilovers
    DB Power 330mm front brake upgrade
    R34 GTS rear brakes (stronger handbrake)

Full Navan kit
    Chargespeed (I think) vented 25mm wider front wings
    Dare RS wheels (17 x 10 et15 all round)
    Tyres – 235/40/17 front – plenty of tread left.
    235/45/17 rear – wearing slightly on the inner edge, fine for the moment but will need changing fairly soon.

Momo Model 08 dished steering wheel
    Trust Gear knob
    Navan cloth interior – all in excellent condition.
    Fitted JDM Silvia mats.
    Satnav integrated into dash
    Fan switch and satnav switch in carbon mount inside dash DIN hole.

1UZFE engine sourced from a 1998 LS400 - 135k miles (from an auto, elderly owners)
    SR Gearbox
    Gearbox is attached with a Collins performance plate. Previous owner had the bellhousing machined to give full engagement between the gearbox and clutch.
    Collins Performance mounts.
    Stock S14 VLSD which locks up nicely
    Lightened flywheel
    Uprated clutch
    Mishimoto radiator
    Ramair air filter
    Custom manifold back exhaust (2.5" downpipe into single 3" exit, small backbox at rear to take the harshness away) This exhaust is a work of art and sounds lovely!
    Battery relocated to boot.

This thing is seriously awesome! The engine is 290bhp in standard form being from the 1998 LS400 and 300lb/ft. I think it would be fair to estimate 300bhp with induction and exhaust. It sounds like thunder and goes like a train from 0 revs all the way to the redline. Acceleration in any gear at any speed is phenomenal! I would say it is considerably quicker than my old M3.

When I got it there were a couple of bits and pieces that needed sorting. The fuel guage was not working properly, this has been fixed by securing the float in the fuel tank properly. It now has a big Varta battery as the one in it was knackered.

Since I have had it I have also fitted the Navan skirts and spats which really complete the cars look. I have taken the spoiler off as I prefer the look but the holes are just filled with gromits so it would be easy to put a spoiler back on if desired. I still have the standard spoiler. I have also swapped the interior for the Navan cloth interior which is so much better and comfier than the leather. I swapped the welded diff for the VLSD as well as I have been using it on the road and didn’t want the harshness of the welder.

I have also had the cambelt changed this month just as a bit of preventative maintenance. I have just had one of the wheels sorted as well as it was pretty badly curbed.

Being 100% honest, the only negative of this car is the paintwork. It is by no means bad as you can see in the photos it polishes up really well, but close up there are a few marks and scratches which to be honest you would expect of a car this age anyway. It does not take away from the overall quality of this car and the bodywork really is good with no rust as mentioned above.

It is a really well put together car which is a pleasure to drive and does not fail to put a smile on your face every time!

Here is a little insert from the original advert which I thought I would put in here just to be completely transparent:-

‘’Im not going to lie as i have discussed problems over facebook, but this has been 100% reliable apart from 2 problems. The first was the little cup that goes on the back of the gearbox as an environmental shield slipped off and got a bit hot. I have since removed it. The other thing (most recently) is there was a wiring failure. Dont stop reading ;-) it was a fault with the gearbox wiring loom (which never gets touched as part of the conversion) which also got hot and took a few wires with it. To repair this i replaced the gearbox loom completely and also (using professional crimps and heatshrink) replaced every damaged part of wire in the wheel arch. The final problem was a water leak from the heater matrix hose which had started to break down. I’ve since replaced it with new hose and a new 180 degree alloy bend.’’

I know MaccyD used this car daily and I have been using it on a weekly basis, with no problems at all. It is a car you can just get in and have fun.

There is a load of receipts and paperwork with it.

Anyway, enough writing, here’s some pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The car will come with a spare fully working welded diff, 4 x 17’’ AVS wheels and 3 x spare tyres, 2 of which are brand new, the other looks nearly new.

I am looking for £5800, no offers. If you think it’s too much, I don’t apologise. I am basing this on what I am seeing currently in the market, and the fact this is not a shitty stripped out rusty skip. Like I say, if I don’t get this price I am keeping it.

#1 turbopaul, Aug 31, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
  2. Evil_Nuts

Evil_Nuts Member

Brilliant....free bump!

3. bryanscott

bryanscott Member

If the other car you liked was a 400+bhp Audi estate I would happily swap for this!

Looks like an ace car.

4. shifty biscuits

shifty biscuits Active Member

shit dude, where the fuck have you been? this thing is the nuts lad fair play!

5. turbopaul

turbopaul Active Member

Evil Nuts - Cheers dude

Shifty - Hello mate! Been out the game for too long. Bloody job and kid, lol!

6. turbopaul

turbopaul Active Member

Tuesday bump.

7. driftdog

driftdog Member

Awesome build, I use an ls400 vip bus every day and smash about 700miles a week, run it on lpg but mega engines, and can imagine this being serious fun in a 200sx.
    Iv even thought about maybe chucking mine in my E36 basher.

GLWS , realy wish I had money for this. gutted

8. turbopaul

turbopaul Active Member

Cheers man.

Here's some pics of the underside from today...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. turbopaul

turbopaul Active Member

10. turbopaul

turbopaul Active Member

No longer for sale...the other car has sold. :-)

11. turbopaul

turbopaul Active Member

Right this is back up as I quite fancy the JZX100 that Talat has for sale. So, as before, if that sells this won't be for sale.

£5800.

Cheers.

12. light-r

light-r Member

if you have some videos, you should post them. i think it would be helpful, since you dont see many v8 s14 laying around and many people would see and hear the "uniqueness" of your car.

i would be very interested to have this as a second s14. really fancy the d-mac inspiration (maybe not for you, but for me, it is).

#12 light-r, Sep 19, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
  13. light-r

light-r Member

i know its not navan, its rocket bunny, but its not that different. and it has the same wheel style and the same engine concept (v8). really like your car, man. if i were to sell my s2k, i would sit your car right next to my zenki.

[​IMG]

14. turbopaul

turbopaul Active Member

Cheers for the comments man!

15. GrahamJDM

GrahamJDM New Member

Were u located mate ?
    And wats the log book saying ?

16. dorikiddo

dorikiddo Member

absolutely gorgeous, is this still for sale?

17. turbopaul

turbopaul Active Member

GrahamJDM - Based near Southampton. Logbook still says 2 litre turbo.

Dorikiddo - Thanks...still for sale. On holiday until next week.

18. DanMateX

DanMateX Member

Seen this In Person awesomee car glws

19. GrahamJDM

GrahamJDM New Member

If I can get some money together I'll be in touch awesome build

20. light-r

light-r Member

struggling to get this.