How much is my baby worth???

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by spiritoftrixy, Aug 31, 2014.

1. spiritoftrixy

spiritoftrixy Member

Oh saw on Facebook you bought a place! Congratulations!!
    What you think I should put it up for??

2. spiritoftrixy

spiritoftrixy Member

So what people think is an acceptable price??

3. JDM-SAM

JDM-SAM Member

So if I said "5-6k", you'd probably say "no way its worth more" and then I'd say then "well you obviously know what you want for it" and feel angry you even asked!

Just go with what you want for it to enable you to buy what you want. You'll never get what it owes you.

4. spiritoftrixy

spiritoftrixy Member

Cheers mate!! No I want peops honest opinions. Of course I know won't get back what I spent on it and to be honest I stopped countin years ago!!
    Just didn't want to put a laughable figure on it. Ta!

5. Sw1fT

Sw1fT Member

The thread title is grossly misleading.

6. 200sx-s13-1993

WHY!
    Did you think he was for selling one of his kid's? LMOA

7. Sw1fT

Sw1fT Member

I thought he might be considering it and just needed help pricing it up.

Unfortunately I'm not as experienced in the sale of S14As so I'll be useless in this thread after all.

8. spiritoftrixy

spiritoftrixy Member

Looooooool
    Sorry for the politically incorrect post.
    But it is the closest thing to a baby that I have, plus it did spawn from my own conception.

9. rookie-drifter

rookie-drifter New Member

i could have sworn ive seen this car around cockfosters and barnet in london about 4 or 5 years ago

10. spiritoftrixy

spiritoftrixy Member

You did!! And it's still about just not so much!
    Cause you've seen it real life how much you think it's worth lol ;)

11. spiritoftrixy

spiritoftrixy Member

Any opinions??

12. gaz_moose

gaz_moose .MTM.

stick it up for 6k and see what happens.

13. 200sx-s13-1993

Hello
    spiritofrixy

If it where me id make sure to have all resets for parts and any other moneys used to get the car to where it is and when advertizing the car show this with alot of pic's that are dated, one other thing im not sure if you put this up or not but the miles on the car will make a big difference, also is the car uk spec or jap import, if the mills are under 80,000 and the paint is original and is good shape? is there a low number of owners to the car? the lower the better say one lady owner and you have all im talking about i would put it up for £8,000 and see how that go's ( your better starting high cos you cant start low then ask for more ) but rember that if your looking top money you will have to wait-it will take time to find the one willing to pay the doe, will be someone that is looking to speed alot of money on moding the car to a spec like yours but see's the money they can save and time also.
    Like anyone This is my opinion and every one will have a different view, anything that is for sale is only worth wot someone is willing to pay so you need to make them willing pay wot you want buy wot iv said, i wish you the best of luck with you sale and hope you get wot you are looking for :)

#33 200sx-s13-1993, Sep 7, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
  14. spiritoftrixy

spiritoftrixy Member

Thanks a lot for your valued opinion 200sx-s13-1993!! It's good to get some conductive advice.
    Should have put up the mileage especially as the mileage is low for its age, not a receipt keeping type of guy unfortunately.
    Think I'm the third owner goin to have double check but it was totally standard!!
    Thanks again!!

15. jaggafeen

jaggafeen Member

i reckon it worth around 4k

16. rookie-drifter

rookie-drifter New Member

yh id say 6k as it was very smooth when i saw it last

17. GETitSIDEways

GETitSIDEways Mutha Funka

Any S body without any rot and has decent spec is worth at least 6-7.5k these days. There is hardly any clean ones left in the UK and the prices in japan are insane, trust me I buy from japan and see the prices daily...You are about to see a major price hike very soon. So the money is in the shell.

If it has the dreaded cancer in the usual s14 spots (rear sill to subframe mount area then break it for spares) as you will make more money as no one will pay good money for a rotter. If you have repair panels on rear sills then this is going to be suspect as behind this the rust will spread through to the rear longits

#37 GETitSIDEways, Sep 11, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
  18. 200sx-s13-1993

Hello
    GETitSIDEways

Well said, i should have said about the rot, IMO these cars are going to rise in price like the ae86 but faster as most are using these for drifting etc witch is taking there nubers down alot faster, Wot would you say a s13 facelift with no rot and no mod's is worth these days? and wot one out of the s class is the one to have/keep s12/13/14/15?
    Cheers :)

19. GETitSIDEways

GETitSIDEways Mutha Funka

Either a pre facelift UK pignose 200sx S13, 180sx or a PS13 will never get any cheaper...A very nice S14 Zenki is getting harder to find also, so any of those in good shape must be worth keeping.
    As far as a dynamic evaluation goes the S14 chassis was dialled in for natural over-steer, so a true drifters choice. ;-)
    Personally I was never a fan of the S12 but anything rare is worth money eventually.