2JZ-GE swap.

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by Doonits, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Doonits

Doonits Member

Hello, got a question if anyone knows an answer.

Does a 2JZ-GE engine fit straight onto the S13 (RS13) mounts? And does anything else have to be changed / swapped for it to work?

2. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Yeah, just bolt it in, clap your hands 3 times, and it runs.

I honestly don't know if you're joking or not.

3. dale_b

dale_b #DriftFactory

Hahaha..

No it doesn't fit, but can be made to fit with a mount kit, plenty of places to get mounts off the shelf.. Then fabricate exhaust system, fuel lines, prop shaft, wiring loom, etc etc..

4. Damien

Damien ~London Folk~

Honestly dude, I hurt from laughing so hard each time i read your posts. You're just becoming more and more of a miserable bastard with one line killer replies.

5. Doonits

Doonits Member

Stop acting like a moron and give a proper answer? You seem to be acting like that on everyone's thread.

@dale_b - thanks :d

6. mc_bob

mc_bob Active Member

Why not search for such a simple question.

7. jamespayne5

jamespayne5 Active Member

The irony.

8. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Or why not be so bloody stupid? Even if you haven't got the common sense to realise a totally different kind of engine from a totally different manufacturer wouldn't even come close to fitting, even one handed eyes closed Googling would've told you that.

9. gt4tosupra

gt4tosupra Active Member

Why would anyone want all that hassle of a 2jzge swap. GE??? u mays well tune what u have to get 220 bhp, and much better economy

10. dale_b

dale_b #DriftFactory

This is where the market is going... This time next year everyone will be doing 2j NA+T conversions as 1j's are getting hard to find..

11. gt4tosupra

gt4tosupra Active Member

Didn't think of that. Plenty of those na engines out there then eh. They were cheap as chips last time I was thinking of selling the one I had on the supra to go tt.
    Us 1j owners should do some background checks on who we sell to. Make sure they aren't destined to be going into a rusty Nissan. Better still just don't sell :D

12. initial_j

initial_j Made guy

I couldnt think of a more pointless conversion.

2jz na lump makes around 200bhp, an ca18 with breathing mods makes more, and is already in the damn car

To fabricate all the relevant parts, and not forgetting the manual conversion, youd probably be looking at around £2.5k (probably more as if you dont even basic knowledge to know it wont fit, i very much doubt you have the skills to do all the work)

and the end result is a heavier engine with less power than you started with.

Yeah ok a 2jz na converted to turbo would make decent power, but would cost a load more.