Mk1 Eunos 1.8 Japspeed exhaust trouble...

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by Burningwick, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

You buy a part that is NOT intended for a 1.8, and then kick up a fuss like it's their fault it don't fit?

So if I try and buy a pair of Nikes in size 11 when all they got listed is size 6 and I just leave a note with the size 6 order to tell them I want an 11, its their fault you get the wrong stuff? NO, it's you for ordering something they're not even advertising.

Japspeed have done cock all wrong, neither have DW (aside from not reading your note and thinking "WTF" and just giving your cash back), you have by ordering the wrong part.

The note will mean nothing to DW or Japspeed to be fair, neither of them are likely to have ever tried fitting one to the correct car, never mind the wrong one, they're just resellers.

You telling Japspeed you had a 1.8 didn't matter to them, it's not meant for a 1.8 and you didn't even buy it off them.

And as if Japspeed are the manufacturer anyhow, lol.

2. mint

mint touch my fruit

LMFAO! What brilliance, another classic sounding DW thread right here.

OP, You are in absolutely, NO way shape or form, in the right here you complete muppet! :D HAHAHAH.

I have to admit.. Japspeed dealt with that a very calm and collective manor, they knew from the get go.. you were speaking horse shit it seems haha. You also led us on too.. you douche.

I think the real heroes of this fairy tale is Driftworks, for entertaining your stupidity by giving you back some of the bucks you threw away.. thank yourself lucky, the world doesn’t usually help people out like that. ;0

What to do now though? Id sell it personally and find yourself the correct fitting one, As said can be found on ebay. Also just FYI I know you said its your daily and you need it.. but guess what. The car works without an exhaust ;) Just noisy.. so its not really the hollyoaks drama made out regarding the rush, urgency and money etc. Fark I met a lad yesterday with a turbo NA6 who currently drives around with no exhaust.. he hasnt made a thread about it. :D

3. initial_j

initial_j Made guy

Please punch him hard in the balls from me.

4. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

I've had 4 or 5 MX5s now as daily drifters, can't remember now, but either way, I never once but an exhaust on them, as they're slow anyhow, exhaust does no good for performance you'd notice, and it sounds gay as fuck.

Need to smash the fuck out of them at the limit to go anywhere, so fuck am I looking like a penis revving the shit out my noisy ass slow car just to have fun. At least when it's quiet people don't realise quite how hard I'm ragging this gay little car.

5. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

PS- I fucking hope Japspeed are reading this thread and realise how much of a tool you've been, esp as you sent them copies n pastes of this thread making it out like we were on your side (we were until you told the TRUTH!).

6. BDC-Motty

BDC-Motty BDC commentator!

Your order was incorrect, you've stated this yourself.... so I think we can all pretty much confirm that you need glasses for those eyes of yours!

I can also assure you that no member of the Japspeed team "Pooped their pants" and in fact dealt with the issue in a professional manner from start to finish in attempt to determine what was, the cause of the problem.

It is very apparent that the cause of the problemis your stupidity as again... you have admitted with your below statement!

To be quite honest you are very lucky that after reading all of the information you provided that DW have in what I presume is a good will gesture offered you some money back!!

I would suggest that next time you purchase a product that you A. read the information twice & B. Pick up the phone and check that info again.. that way someone can point out the blindingly obvious to you before hand.

7. CMR

CMR Member

This thread has confused the fuck out of me. Why would you buy an exhaust not meant for your car and expect it to fit, then moan when it doesn't?

Japspeed stuff fits "differently" at the best of times, let alone when it's for a completely different engine and exhaust setup!

Fairplay driftworks have given you some money back, but jesus in the future just ask what to buy first if you aren't sure..

8. mint

mint touch my fruit

;) He's a lot bigger than me it would probably not go down well :D

This guy though does know what he's doing. Its turbo'd, LHD, fully mega.. tbh probably one of the cleanest MX5's in Aberdeen/Shire for sure. Im not 100% sure why the exhaust is off.. he did mention it to me, and there was a valid reason but i was more so meaning.. you dont 'need' one to use the car :)

9. Nas

Nas Member

Who is this local garage / mapper you took it to?

10. jaggafeen

jaggafeen Member

11. BHPSeeker

BHPSeeker Member

Wonder if I walked into Ford and told them I had bought a Mondeo from a chap down my street but in fact I mentioned to him I actually wanted a Transit...would they give me some money back??