How drifting SHOULD look.

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by Stavros, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Nothing is wrong with drifting cheap bangers. Nothing.

I almost always own one to drift.

What's shit is people 'try' and modify cars to look cool, and they look much shitter than if they were standard.

Or people who make 'cool' drift cars but are afraid to drift em.

2. Daddy_D

Daddy_D D1 street king

One thing I learned from this thread is what “missile” car means. I always thought people liked the Used and Abused scene, which was the exact opposite of hard parked cars looking good and slammed.

3. Mike@TDSW

Mike@TDSW Active Member

Thing is if everyone Sussed out the simple rules of making a car look good then those of us that make the effort wouldn't stand out so much or earn as many internet points.

Only thing I hated about that vid was the unnecessary wall. I'll never understand why stoving your rear quarter in is the be all and end all of drifting nowadays.
    I have no issue with the challenge of being close to shit if it's part of the road / track anyway but the true fact that some of those guys were pro actively causing their cars and wallets serious damage just so some stranger on the internet can give them a virtual wank off seems retarded.

4. Struggle

Struggle Active Member

Mate, if you spend £25K on a car get your monies worth and go drive it. No one will care how many miles you put on it. Its an old Nissan not a vintage Roller.

I had a cage on both my last nissans. drove em lots including daily for the first year.

You pretty much fall right into the catagory of wanky lifestyler who's spent so much on their car their scared to drive it. Sad, but true.

This is Buxton way back in 2012 when crackin snazzy nissans went up each month and drifted on each others doors. If only it had taken off across the whole country like it did there.

Struggle Buxton PurpleTwat Twinning - YouTube

EDIT: This whole subject really does wind me up. You get a load of people who really have no intention of drifitng but love the idea of being in the scene so they go and buy all the Nissans which bumps the price of them up for those who do use em and then they go and hide them away.

It makes drifting expensive for all the people who do it and also makes the UK looks wank as fuck. You know i wouldn't mind as much if some of these lifestyler cars came out looking boss as fuck but they don't. There out there with nice kits with nice fancy paint jobs but on absolute STILTS and with horrendous fitment issues. Its just embarrising. And then the fuckers do one burnout and decide its time for 400 horses!!!
    ARRRRGGGHHHHHHHH STOP BREEDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT 2: I'm NOT saying that this is you Zornynanananananwhatever. I'm generalising alot of people in the sport nowadays.

#84 Struggle, Sep 12, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
  5. zornyan

zornyan Guest

Completely the opposite mate, I agree with alot of your views in that post. And believe me when I say the Nissan always has and always will be driven hard.

My reasoning for not dailying it per say is simply I would rathe silly petrol money and extra wear and tear it costs for actually using it on track/drift days.

I'm obviously imo it also helps keep the value up of it, I know I won't ever make my money back, but if I make some degree of effort to not rack up literally 300 thousand miles and damage from general use I'll be happy. As in I can take a dent/damage whatever if it's me driving it hard on a track but I would be pissed off with it being covered in parking dents that some of my cars have had from retards at tescos.

Regardless cars at meant to be driven which we all agree on, unfortunately we British suck at motorsport in comparison to places like the us. We have essex arena...they have nascar for instance.

6. topi

topi KlutchKickKidz

Take it back.

The UK motorsport scene pisses all over the US.

NASCAR, what even.

7. topi

topi KlutchKickKidz

This one is good too. I like seeing some pits footage etc.

8. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Nah, look at the pits in that vid, all nice cars, no Stevie Wonder designed comp cars or smashed to bits shitters with fluro wheels- It must be a Photoshop or CGI or something.

Needed more Crucial Conflict too.

9. michealstich

michealstich New Member

Cool video, really awesome!!!

10. michealstich

michealstich New Member

Cool video, really awesome...

11. Chunky Nugget

Chunky Nugget honkeytits!!

Why is everyone arguing about what looks good. WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON, how gay is drifting if you have to have the look. Honestly you mongtards, why give a fuck what any of the other mongtards thing, just go have fun at life at stop caring. Everyone has different opinions, not everyone likes the look of your cars. This is why the UK drifting scene is balls, men, supposed men, bitching on the fucking internet about how they can make cool cars and no one else can. Just fuck off and actually drift please, the internet is not for you.

12. initial_j

initial_j Made guy

were not.

Were saying drifting is a visual sport, so people should make some fucking effort to make their cars look half presentable at events if they want it to ever be taken seriously. Or at least not go out of their way to make stuff look deliberatly shit. Thats all.

13. Chunky Nugget

Chunky Nugget honkeytits!!

How can a bunch of retards swinging their cars around a track be taken seriously my man?? Skids is for fun, not to be taken seriously, that's just sucking the fun out of it. I just enjoy it for the stupidness and could give a shit what anyone thinks of my cars, I smile when I see them,, thus mission complete. And no ones going to take a car seriously if the bodykits touching the floor dude, it looks retarded, and the general public ( who I assume is the target here ) are going to think your suspension is broken and the cars should be scrapped. Drifting is not a motorsport, its a game for retards to play. FD is not for me, but that is "serious" drifting, and the cars look shit, so still very confused about this whole thread. Also confused as this seems to be making the car look good for other peoples benefit.
    Drifting is fickle anyway, what cool one day is chopped liver the next week. So confused
    Unfortunaely this mentality naturally produced scenesters as they then feel they have to achieve the look before turning up to a track and being ridiculed for not having the acceptable look.
    My fingers are tired now. that was many words.
    Please enjoy drifting and don't let anyone's opinion put you off making your car nice for you.
    We're all winners ( well the ones that drift are ha ha)

14. jon07043278

jon07043278 Well-Known Member

15. Trixta

Trixta Member

Wow the negativity in the UK always surprises me! People are waaaay too negative. Grass is not as green as ye think abroad. Just like anything in countries of massive numbers, there is going to me much more people of every type, for good and for bad. Like in Japan for example there are also horrific drivers, with terrible driving styles, and shit looking cars too. US certainly the same. This shit of FD being terrible and stuff is bullshit too. Plenty of good looking cars, and driven much harder than certainly most people on here. I personally love the style we're all on about. But I'm also a little more open minded. I love FD. It's very entertaining in my eyes, and fucking difficult. Running a bank inches from the car in front, under such pressure, through so much smoke. I would imagine most of the people on here commenting have no idea just how hard that would be. If I want to see awesome cars I have google for that. For people to dismiss the talents of people like Forsberg, Aasbo etc so easily is just retarded in my eyes. Not so much aimed at this thread but just a general attitude that seems to be out there.

People are also way too critical of BDC and driving styles etc. Always on about hand brake dragging. Competition driving is very different, especially at a top level, and is very different than having some fun on a practice day. Judges want certain things, don't want you to do other things. Generally to encourage a chase driver to be able to actually chase close. Or simply having a very set line to try and follow rather than throw it in and see where you end up like at a practice day is a lot different too, and may only at times allow a certain technique. I do agree to a point on the driving style thing, and certainly I'm a guy who has always tried as much as possible to "do it the right way", but I would never expect or want to force everyone to do the same, or lord over others that dont. If you drive that way you get plenty of internet pats on the back, and a smile on your face, that is reward enough and motivation enough for people. It is also not that much harder imo, or warrant the massive kudos people seem to give people for doing that kind of stuff.

Also the old phrase of "if you're not crashing you're not trying hard enough" is horseshit in my opinion. I have still yet to have a proper smash (other than wall rubs and bumpers knocked etc) either back in my streeto days or in drifting on tracks. And to be fair I would more than happily take a challenge off anyone on here if they think they run harder lol!

Sorry for the rant, it's just I think the main problem with the UK scene is and always has been the negativity in general. Even at BDC events I find there is much less of a camaraderie between people, than over at Irish events. People seem to look down on others, or hang out in clicks a lot more. Or probably more likely it's just the fact ye don't all go out drinking at events with each other as much and bond over drunken antics! Best thing to happen the UK drift scene would not be a free set of c spanners to everyone, but a free bottle of vodka at sign in ha! :D

16. stevo_d

stevo_d Member

Is the UK drift scene going to get

More venues,
    More Sponsors
    More coverage
    More support
    General acceptance in a world of Motorsport

If all it has to offer is a £500 E36/sierra/omega with no lights fluro pink wheels standard wheels and Daves kitchens and bathrooms written on the side, No.

Im sure at some days ive seen people purposefully go out buy a cheap car take it to a drift day to smash it up then arrive at the next one with another cheap ebay bargain and smash that one up, My 350z is far from anything Epic just coilovers and wheels and i dont get to drive it as often as i want with work, i guess that makes me a lifestyler, but When i split the bumper in half at norfolk i went and got a second hand one to at least make it look tidy.

17. mint

mint touch my fruit

LMAO! I think alot of you, have missed the entire point.

@ Chunky, I cannot take your posts seriously anymore with a comment such as "if the bodykits touching the floor dude, it looks retarded."

I could probably spent all day arguing about that.. buuuuut i cant be arsed. Most UK drift cars look shit to me, 90% of the BDC cars look shit.. 99% of the FD cars look shit.. etc. Its opinion at the end of the day.

Point is, some people do it right. Others just do it.

The country needs more people, 'doing it right'. I.e. What the yanks have achieved, with Final Bout.

18. mint

mint touch my fruit

EXACTLY THIS!! Someone came round to my house the other week to look over my JZX, and told me it was rough as fuck. HAHAHA!! I was like, "Dude its a drift car what the fuck do you expect?" then I was told that Jites car looked like shit because it was all smashed.. "ITS FOR A PURPOSE! On track.. you dont notice that shit."

noobs.

19. docwra

docwra Active Member

20. initial_j

initial_j Made guy

#100 initial_j, Sep 24, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2014