Wheres all the Aussie's??

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by DaRReN-R32, Sep 17, 2014.

1. DaRReN-R32

DaRReN-R32 Member

Im heading back to Perth in Jan for a while from the UK, Id like to bring my E30 across but not sure how much it will cost to export it from the UK.

Anyone skid in WA? i know there sometimes drift events on at barbagello whats entry fees and tyres costs like?

does anyone travel to different states to drift?

cheers.

2. jamespayne5

jamespayne5 Active Member

Depending on the year of your E30 it could be an absolute nightmare to bring across. Before '89 things are easier but it would still be a pita. And especially so with mods, you would need it to be pretty stock in order to get it through the registration process. Even without knowing your circumstances I'd say it's a no go for import tbh.

3. gaz_moose

gaz_moose .MTM.

im guessing he is not planning on driving it on the road.
    don't people get around import rules by taking the engine out and importing them as 'parts'.

4. DaRReN-R32

DaRReN-R32 Member

well mine is pre 1988 so thats not a problem and been in my name nearly 3 years, i just don't get how the can calculate import tax/duty on a old e30?

i wouldn't want it on the road just to much hassle so track use only.

5. afraid

afraid Member

Get a CAMS licence and bring it in as a rally only import if you don't want to drive it on the street.

Also bugger WA. It's basically another country and way too far to drive to another state for events. Move to one of the south eastern states if you want that possibility.

6. DaRReN-R32

DaRReN-R32 Member

whats the crack with a CAMS licence is it a test or a bit of paper? yeah i know how big Australia is lol i spent 2 years travelling it, my sponsorship is in Perth so I've got to stay there for a while

7. afraid

afraid Member

Depends on the licence. A Level 2 Speed you only require filling out a form and being a member of a CAMS club.