Tobi's JZX110 Verossa

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by tidytobes, Oct 20, 2014.

1. kam

kam I've touched Chris Parry

It depends what you want!

If you want solid spring rates, go with the 326 ones, they look like BC's at a glance.
    Phil ran 20/18 and wouldn't go stiffer.

2. tidytobes

tidytobes Manfoot Kerb Magnet

My old 100 had JIC Magic Coilovers with those spring rates when I got it, again running uprated ARB's front and rear, knuckles and a full compliment of Ikeya/KTS arms and it wasn't really that low, it drove spot on though, I had a good friend strengthen the rear subframe and was running Weld Diff bushes and some locking collars on the frame..

Looking to do the same this time but add some more chassis bracing really, I feel personally the best way to make JZX's work is to stiffen things up as much as possible to an extent, although I plan on running much more power with this one so maybe I'd end up regretting that once trying to put 500 plus horsepower down with nothing to 'soak it up'

Trial and error I suppose???

3. mint

mint touch my fruit

That was my finding so far, stiffen everything up as much as you can.. and it still feels like a comfy daily ;) My coils are always on the hardest setting and its not hard lol. Not by a long shot.

My plan is to build a 1.5JZ just cause Iv been interested in that build since I got to go out in Power Vehicles Mark II (600hp) it was INSANE!

#23 mint, Oct 24, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
  4. tidytobes

Quite simply because I didn't get round to doing it with the chaser and I really really fancied having more power, mine was running just under a bar with an exhaust, filter and FMIC and making a healthy output but I always wanted the next level, I toyed with the idea of the Tomei ARMS kit but then when adding it all up thought I may as well just go down a similar route to Phil with his Mark II with a nice 6boost, GTX3076R (or maybe GTX35R), some decent fuelling and management and a set of Poncams and make something stupid!!!

Will be sticking with the Exhaust/Filter/FMIC and a small Boost increase setup to begin with anyway..

5. mint

mint touch my fruit

Yeah after I typed that i thought.. why wouldnt you? haha. Im not clue'd up on turbo's etc but its always interesting to see what people do.

6. tidytobes

Just re-read that and spotted your subtle editing!!!!

I've been advised not to bother with the 1.5JZ idea and just go with a 2JZ when the time comes, I'm not adversed to the idea to be honest and the thought of sticking 2 bar through a billet 35 on a 2JZ makes for what sounds like an indecent amount of fun!!!

It's probably bad that I'm having thoughts like that before the car even touches UK tarmac, this could get expensive!!!

7. Beezy

Beezy Pimp slider!

1.5J will be pritty awesome! Think Mittos old JZX90 was a 1.5J Build

Im itching to chuck a big turbo on the 100, been looking at those Holset HY35 as there ment to be super responsive.
    But that will take time as its not cheep, iv got it running 1bar which TBH dose me fine..

8. GT_FR

GT_FR Member

Nice car...

9. waj786

waj786 Member

Beat me to it! haha... I'm looking at getting one as I sold my jzx100 mark 2 awhile back and wanted something different than a jzx110 mark 2.

10. tidytobes

Yeah man, like I said the Chaser was always 'adequate' at just under a bar when I owned it, and from the vids I've seen of it since you got it that's still the case!!!

I'm also guessing that it still works pretty well even now you've lowered it to a more acceptable level!!! Even if you did have to raise it up for the nurburgring fun police!!!

I'm really glad it ended up with someone like yourself though, what plans do you have with it from here then?

11. tidytobes

Got an email this morning to say the documents are in the post from japan so I can get those to Rob at Kleerfreight and start the ball rolling regards VAT and Duty, only another 4-5 weeks now..

12. keef247

keef247 Member

LOVE these when done right! First saw footage of one drifting years ago at college in this vid!

13. jimmy crowley

jimmy crowley Rouge Dori s15

This depresses me because it's not mine lol.Best of luck dude this will be awesome

14. nissanr34cal

nissanr34cal Well-Known Member

im looking forward to seeing this get Tobi'ed will be over to see it once you get underway with it.

15. mitto

mitto -NIGHTSPIRT FAMILY-

litterally crying hahahahaha!

16. tidytobes

Well thanks to Wayne at Autoextreme I now have a GTX3076R, 6Boost Manifold, and Turbosmart 45mm Hypergate on the way, that along with a nice Syvecs ECU and the work of Martin over at MB Automotive and this project should have the balls to back up its ugly mug!!! Getting excited now!!!

17. tidytobes

And there's a healthy amount of parts gathering going on in the mean time...

[​IMG]

18. C35Rob

C35Rob Member

i'm looking forward to seeing this develop, I seriously looked at buying a Verossa when I bought my Laurel..

19. tidytobes

So ordered up some new rubber for one of the sets of wheels this morning, then spent the rest of my day off researching suspension arms and what's compatible with the Verossa..

Ended up ordering these..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now I haven't used Megan Racing since back in my early Honda years, and they were relatively middle of the road stuff back then, but at literally a quarter of the price of the fancy Silk Road stuff, and still half the price of Ikeya Formula, and with the same level of adjustment, I figure I can always replace the bushes and joints if they do fail and still be making a huge saving!!!

Just hoping the boat docks soon so I can start enjoying the car and not keep finding myself sat in front of the computer with only a debit card and my imagination for company [emoji16]

20. Jites

Jites Active Member